Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons (2988 Views)

Nigerian Student Smuggling 20kg Of Drugs From China Has Been Arrested In Malaysi / Gang Takes Nigerian Girls To Dubai, Records Unclad Videos Arrested (Pictured) / Traffickers Caught Smuggling Nursing Mother, Children Into Nigeria (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 11:48am On Aug 27, 2009
NEWARK, N.J. – A man from the West African nation Togo has admitted his role in the smuggling of dozens of girls and women who were forced to work at hair braiding salons in New Jersey.

Lassissi Afolabi pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to conspiring with his ex-wife and others to commit forced labor and related crimes in Newark and East Orange, where he lived.

Afolabi has been held without bail since his arrest in September 2007. He could face up to life in prison when he's sentenced Dec. 8.

Prosecutors say between October 2002 and September 2007 at least 20 girls and women were taken from Togo using fraudulent visas. The girls were forced to work six or seven days a week and to turn over all of their earnings to the defendants.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_re_us/us_hair_braiders_forced_labor

Roflmao!!!!
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
He helped them to yankee as i see it grin

Aint nothing free in the world

and its possible he isn't Nigerian just because his last name is yoruba doesn't mean hes Nigerian. He could be a togolese Yoruba
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
Na wa oh.
So no more forcing them into sex slavery (trade), it is now hair braiding?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
The spelling of his name is Nigerian but he could be Togolese.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
Omo the guy get links sha. How dem dey runz the visa for the girls. H1 visa? grin
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Afaukwu: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2009
He is Yoruba. You guys should just own up and stop being in denial. That he is Togolese (if indeed he is) does not affect his Yoruba[b]ness[/b].
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 12:50am On Aug 28, 2009
^^^ clown and a hater- please dont let me post the articles of igbos abroad killing their wives.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

^^^ clown and a hater- please dont let me post the articles of igbos abroad killing their wives.

Do you ever quit? You are just as ignorant as he is.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 1:13am On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Do you ever quit? You are just as ignorant as he is.

didn't you see me say please and why are you addressing me?

its your topic you should have addressed the first person who made it a thing of tribalism.

maybe you are blind but here it goes again
Afaukwu:

He is Yoruba. You guys should just own up and stop being in denial. That he is Togolese (if indeed he is) does not affect his Yoruba[b]ness[/b].

heres my comment after i saw his

sjeezy8:

please get yourself together
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Aug 28, 2009
dude, you two live down on the same step on the ladder, as far as I am concerned. I expected folks would ignore him and focus but you just had to come in with your own ethnic-hate-polished rebuttle, didn't you?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 1:59am On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

dude, you two live down on the same step on the ladder, as far as I am concerned. I expected folks would ignore him and focus but you just had to come in with your own ethnic-hate-polished rebuttle, didn't you?

yea my own was uncalled for but was not out of tribalism i was simply making a point
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 28, 2009
Afaukwu:

tpia.:

The spelling of his name is Nigerian but he could be Togolese.

so if he's Yoruba, how does that affect the price of goat meat in the market?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by davidif: 5:20am On Aug 28, 2009
Now, i know where "Law & Order" came up with the theme for one of there episodes.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 28, 2009
Disgusting thread, disgusting replies

@davidf
thatz my show!!! cheesy
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by ndomadu: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone grin
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
most of the responses on this thread have nothing to do with the topic.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Basildon1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

Mehn, u r on track like a pair of pumas. it's only stupidity madness ignorance that will make a nuisance like this Afa** turn everything tribal in this age and time.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by AloyEmeka6: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
Why do moderators allow threads like this to thrive in politics section?. Are they getting bored with their job or is difficult to transfer it to the crime or tribalist section?.
Nigeria is on fire and poor citizens are busy chasing tribal supremacy.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
What is the meaning of "Togo(Nigerian)" ? 
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by AloyEmeka6: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

He will also turn around and post Yorubas killing their spouses worldwide so, what does it solve?. Why are you obsessed with igbos in the first place?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

What else does it mean?? I suspect the man is a Nigerian with Togolese Passport. You have information to prove otherwise? Roflmao!!!
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What else does it mean?? I suspect the man is a Nigerian with Togolese Passport. You have information to prove otherwise? Roflmao!!!

any words for people who took your statement and ran with it?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
Are they not adults with a brain of their own?
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are they not adults with a brain of their own?

that doesnt absolve you.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
Absolve me? Uumm. . . if you have a problem with the post, I cannot help you.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
Afaukwu is just a retarded troll and must be ignored by all.
Richyblack sure loves anarchy. Any other forum and these idiots would have been hit with the banhammer ages ago.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by MrCrackles(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2009
Topic
Chai. .Na wao ooo!
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Recognise: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2009
Afaukwu:

He is Yoruba. You guys should just own up and stop being in denial.

That he is Togolese (if indeed he is) does not affect his Yoruba[b]ness[/b].

@Afaukwu

Get a grip . . .

Lassissi Afolabi is Togolese just as much as Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor

who plays for English Premier League team Manchester City

and the Togo national team as a striker.
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

He will also turn around and post Yorubas killing their spouses worldwide so, what does it solve?. Why are you obsessed with igbos in the first place?

no ones obsessed but if an ibo want to yarn bad about yoruba i will give him his own plate of tribalism

you can not find any statement of me posting any rubbish about igbo FIRST i have always posted in retaliation

But im startin not to even reply cause you people just continue lie to yourselves its so funny

Nigerias tribe lol that doesn't know its faults lol and keep making the same mistake over n over again as a whole
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by Jairzinho(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Bawo ? smiley
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by AloyEmeka6: 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
Recognise:

@Afaukwu

Get a grip . . .

Lassissi Afolabi is Togolese just as much as Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor

who plays for English Premier League team Manchester City

and the Togo national team as a striker.

Emmanuel Adebayor is Nigerian and Yoruba to the core forget all his pose my brother. His parents are from Osun state. He denies Nigeria because he doesn't want to be associated with 419. lipsrsealed
Re: Togo (nigerian) Man Admits Smuggling Girls To Nj Hair Salons by sjeezy8: 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Emmanuel Adebayor is Nigerian and Yoruba to the core forget all his pose my brother. His parents are from Osun state. He denies Nigeria because he doesn't want to be associated with 419. lipsrsealed

Lol sorry i dont want to make you look like an Ass but i have to

The Yoruba tribe live on the southwest coast of Africa in Nigeria and can also be found in the eastern Republic of Benin and Togo. The majority of the slaves brought to the Americas were from West Africa, Yoruban descendants can also be found in Brazil, Cuba etc . . . .
http://www.forafricanart.com/Yoruba_ep_35-1.html

Yoruba land extend beyond the boundaries of Nigeria into nearby countries like the republic of Benin, Togo, and mid-eastern Ghana.

The language is the pride of the Yoruba people with over 22 million speakers. The language has also been noted to be spoken within other languages in neighboring countries such as Benin and Togo. Traces have also been found in Sierra Leone where it’s called ‘Oku’ and in Cuba where it’s called ‘Nago’. It is argued that traces of the language can also be found in communities as far away as Brazil

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/language/about/yoruba.html

You know yorubas actually conquered other tribes and expanded their kingdoms in precolonial times

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liftedhands / Thieves Invade Kogi State University Female Hostel, Cut Student Breast / They are carrying dead body like dustbin Blackaxe vs Eiye Benin PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.