Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister (346 Views)

Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Siasia Visits Sports Minister, Dalung (Photos) / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister by goldrush112: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ex-Sports Minster, Tammy Danagogo, on Thursday said that the sack of former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, was a move that was ill thought out.

Stephen-Keshi

Danagogo said, in Port Harcourt, that the death of Keshi, was a pathetic loss to Nigeria. He said as minister, those who wanted Keshi sacked, had no better alternative. Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi “I worked with Keshi as minister when he was the coach of Super Eagles.

To me, his commitment and patriotism is unequal,” he said. Danagogo said he supported Keshi because of the sincerity he exuded. “Keshi was a regular player, captain and later coach of the national team. He was enthusiastic to deliver but he had challenges. “I know the odds he faced. As minister then, those who wanted him out were asking me why I was always supporting Keshi. “I supported him because he was ready to work for Nigeria even when he was owed arrears of salaries,” he said.

According to Danagogo, as Minister of Sports, he refused Keshi’s sack because those who wanted him out as coach had no better alternative. “I realised that those who were clamouring to change Keshi, at the point they were clamouring for it, we did not have any local alternative that was better than him. “He was an exceptional case of talent, commitment and patriotism to the development of Nigerian football even when he was owed three to five months salary arrears,” he said.

Danagogo said he disagreed with those who wanted Keshi out because they did not have solution on who to replace him. “I asked them, look, who is the local alternative that is better than Keshi. If you convince me, you can change him. “Now, if you are going for a foreign alternative, can you pay the person when you are not able to pay a local coach,” he said. “I believe Nigeria has lost one its best in terms of talent, commitment and sacrifice to the development of sports, especially football in the country,”

READ MORE HERE http://www.goldrushnews247.com/2016/06/keshis-sack-was-a-mistake-former-sports-minister/

1 Like

Re: Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
ur father! u no know before?
Re: Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
Now he is dead, his sack was a mistake? May his soul rest in peace. But sentiments aside keshi had nothing else to offer the super eagles when he let sentiments cloud his sense of judgment.
Re: Keshi’s Sack Was A Mistake – Former Sports Minister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Please, guys read again. The man said he opposed the sack.

From one of my Old Post after Coach Keshi lost his Super Eagles coaching job.

[b]
Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.

My Best Moments Under Coach Keshi and his crew.

The Super Eagles draw against Catalonia. Nice goal by Bright Dike.
The Super Eagles success in defeating Cote d'Ivoire at AFCON.
The demolition of Mali at the AFCON.
The Triumph over Burkina Faso and the win of the AFCON.
Mikel's lovely goal against Uruguay at the Confederations cup.
Mikel's dominating performance against Spain.
Mikel's nomination for the African Player Of The Year.

The turn around performance of the Super Eagles in the CHAN game against Morocco.
The equalising goal by Uzoenyi against Morroco at the CHAN. A lovely curling goal.
The winning goal by Ibrahim Abubakar. The dance after the goal was funny and memorable.

Nigeria's World Cup Qualification winning game. The way people of Calabar ran to the section of the VIP crew to Celebrate with the Governor of the Cross River state - Gov. Liyel Imoke.

The draw against Italy. The man of the match performance of Shola Ameobi. One assist and A Lovely goal by Shola Ameobi after receiving an amazing cross from Benjamin Francis.

The defeat of Bosnia at the World Cup. A Nice slot in by Osaze and a last minute foot save by Enyeama, stopping Dzeko's chance of a last minute equaliser.
The brace of Ahmed Musa against Argentina.

Finally the brace and goals from Ahmed Musa against Sudan. The lovely goal from Aaron Samuel. Despite all the criticism of bringing a player from the Chinese league, showed Aaron Samuel had quality.

Miss you Da Big Boss and his crew.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Good Deals At Micostarmall.order Now. / Rio 2016; Nigeria Not Ready / Russia Escapes Blanket Ban From Rio Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.