Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity (22204 Views)

FG Can No Longer Fund Capital Projects Provided For In 2017 Budget / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws / Shell To Fund Niger Delta Cleanup With $1 Billion - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by dridowu: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
The Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr Seriake Dickson, on Thursday disclosed that the state government could no longer continue funding the state-owned Niger Delta University in Wilberforce Island, Amassoma.

Dickson, who spoke during a meeting with the Governing Council and principal officers of NDU in Government House, Yenagoa, noted that he could not sustain the existing funding system owing to the present poor financial standing of the state.

He called on the striking workers and management of the only state-owned university in the state to be more resourceful and innovative in generating revenue for the institution.

The governor noted that a situation where the state government’s monthly subvention of about N480 million is spent on only the university’s recurrent expenditure was ‘unsustainable’.

He harped on the need for the University leadership to be prudent in the use of funds, with a view to enabling the institution gain some degree of financial autonomy.

Dickson called on the Academic Staff Union of University, ASUU, to call off the ongoing strike action caused by the sharp drop in state revenues.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/09/dickson-we-can-no-longer-fund-niger-delta-varsity/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by booblacain(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
The only resourcefulness that most Nigerian university school management know is extortion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Shukuakukobambi: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
A little Perseverance Mr Dickson. The avengers are on their way to rescue Bayelsa.

By the time they're through with bombing every every, money will appear.

Just allow them finish dealing with buhari and Tinubu first.

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by otokx(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
He can put it up for sale to private individuals.

6 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by faaz24: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Funding of the avengers (avenging. What sef ?) Is taking its toll already.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Shukuakukobambi: 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
faaz24:
Funding of the avengers (avenging. What sef ?) Is taking its toll already.

Shhhhh. Don't go there o. The avengers only destroy the facilities that feed Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba people particularly osun and kano.

They don't touch the assets that generate revenue for Bayelsa, Delta, Ebonyi, Abia etc cheesy

The wisdom of the Ultimate pipeline night warriors and their keyboard online militants is unbeatable cheesy

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by mrvitalis(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Lol.. . Yes the avengers need to bomb more so we will have more revenue

Yes by the time we have zero oil production let me see what hausas will survive on.. .. grin[color=][/color] grin

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Instead of Dickson to tell the Avengers to blow the goddamn University off the surface of the earth so that he won't have any University to bother about funding, he is here yearning dust.

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Shukuakukobambi: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Instead of Dickson to tell the Avengers to blow the goddamn University off the surface of the earth so that he won't have any University to bother about funding, he is here yearning dust.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

See suggestion!! Bros, did u receive lessons from Hitler?

This your suggestion is what they call "The final solution"

All his worries will just end. Then to solve any future salary agitation, he should ask the avengers to blow up the state Secretariat. That way all workers go retire and stop disturbing govt for salary cheesy

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by sparrowkid: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
So Amosun of Ogun State na baba with the highest number of tertiary institutions in the country. A whole oil producing state with 13% derivation cannot manage a single university. Na real wah o.

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by SuperS1Panther: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dividend of Niger Delta Scavengers.

More power to your bombing.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

All his worries will just end. Then to solve any future salary agitation, he should ask the avengers to blow up the state Secretariat. That way all workers go retire and stop disturbing govt for salary cheesy
lolzzzz

7 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by VivianUdeogu(f): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
sparrowkid:
So Amosun of Ogun State na baba with the highest number of tertiary institutions in the country. A whole oil producing state with 13% derivation cannot manage a single university. Na real wah o.
We Igbos are the one that developed Ogun state

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by carterkelly1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
so Please what is senator Ben Bruce doing to assist d governor because he seems to have solutions for pmb's challenges but seems bereft of ideas for home palaver...crazy people!!!

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by CyerSeries: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
I'm a wailer but I must admit, this is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced. angry angry angry ... This governor is a very shameless and hopeless idiot. Even my small Ebonyi State has been funding EBSU, Ebonyi State College of Education and School of Health Technology since 1999. What is he doing with the jumbo allocation he recieves every month, the IGR from oil companies, etc?... Nawa oo shocked Please nobody should quote me angry angry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Abagworo(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Classic!

23 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by OAUTemitayo: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
We Igbos are the one that developed Ogun state
Fantastically St...upid statement

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by diegwu01: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Where are the members of the Ranters Club AKA The Wailers Fraternity AKA, the Disciples of Corruption, AKA Advocates of Everlasting Corruption AKA ND Avengers Fan Club .. If Ambode or Oshiomole had made this Statement, by now this thread would have been on the 10th page with their usual vile and venom.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by lionness(f): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
The Niger Delta and IPOBians are just wonderful people. I urge you NEVER to stop bombing things up and keep sending your few investment down to the South West (Lagos, Ondo, Ogun to join very soon)....I know the oil companies wont relocate from Bayelsa to any neighbouring state habouring these Marvel Comic Avengers, especially their IPOBian lovers, they will rather come down to we the Amala people. God bless the Amala tribe...atleast, we have a functioning brain, we have a state that is aiming at generating 50 billion naira monthly, and another state called Ogun State that was formerly generating a paltry sum of 2billion monthly, which has no jumped to 17 billion, and hope to outdo Lagos in the next 6 years. Atleast, we the amale people are not behaving like these crazy deranged mad people who are setting their regions back by 1000 years, yet the same wailers wont stop blaming Yorubas for their backwardness and the death of their region. May Allah give you more ability to bomb the entire region cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BLOW BLOW BLOW AWAY! You have the Amala support grin grin grin

145 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Sweetlemon(f): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:
A little Perseverance Mr Dickson. The avengers are on their way to rescue Bayelsa.

Falls from banana tree grin grin grin
You know what? On second thoughts I've realized that the best way of solving this ND militancy crisis is to just leave them alone. Forget about our oil for now and see this as a blessing and sign from God to discover other potentials and mineral resources in other parts of the country. FG should even abort federal projects there sef cos the militants would likely go blow them up. Totally ignore the region. Let them continue destroying their lands, one day my brothers and sisters will wake up to the harsh reality that they've been doing themselves all along and it will humble them by force, then Nigeria would have discovered other revenue generating areas and would care less about our oiyel, then maybe the same militants will start begging the FG to come back and explore the oiyel.
Smh.
I'm from that region but honestly I think it's high time my people learnt a very tough lesson.

116 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by nakamora: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
Let the Governor relocate to Abuja & allow scavengers finish the rest work.

7 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Businessideas: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
What do you expect?? Just set up a department or Faculty of Pipeline Blow up Technology and your youths will troop to the university.
Nonsense. These are the 'leaders' that should have been visionary enough to know that the amnesty payment will destroy their youths. You have not seen anything yet, just wait until the children of these generation of pipeline destroyers and lazy amnesty collectors grow up. Shiorr .
When a state like Ogun State has more than 5 tertiary institutions and no single one is even allowed to die.Osun and Ondo states even have two universities!!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by coldFLARES1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
To think that this man hustled rofo-rofo to get re-elected, when he honestly knows he has nothing to offer, beats me.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by aieromon(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
What a shame lipsrsealed

I would like to hear Senator Bruce react to this unfortunate news.

29 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Shukuakukobambi: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Falls from banana tree grin grin grin
You know what? On second thoughts I've realized that the best way of solving this ND militancy crisis is to just leave them alone. Forget about our oil for now and see this as a blessing and sign from God to discover other potentials and mineral resources in other parts of the country. Let them continue destroying their lands, one day my brothers and sisters will wake up to the harsh reality that they've been doing themselves all along and it will humble them by force, then Nigeria would have discovered other revenue generating areas and would care less about our oiyel, then maybe the same militants will start begging the FG to come back and explore the oiyel.
Smh.
I'm from that region but honestly I think it's high time my people learnt a very tough lesson.

cheesy cheesy

A lot of wise sayings capture these moments

"When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"

"When life throws bricks at you, start building"

"When a door closes, God opens a window"

Life is always about boom and bust. This is our bust period and surely it'll pass while we come out stronger. I hope the bombings lead to a renegotiation of the Nigerian union.

Let regions be allowed to determine their destiny as obtained in the first republic before decree 34 brought the devil into the matter.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by aieromon(m): 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

17 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by dustmalik: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

bloodyBLOGGER:
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy grin grin damn, you guys are hilarious

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by malton: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Tout.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by kayfra: 12:12am On Jun 10, 2016
The hits just keep coming in this thread grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Ikeg48: 12:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

A lot of wise sayings capture these moments

"When life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"

"When life throws bricks at you, start building"

"When a door closes, God opens a window"

Life is always about boom and bust. This is our bust period and surely it'll pass while we come out stronger. I hope the bombings lead to a renegotiation of the Nigerian union.

Let regions be allowed to determine their destiny as obtained in the first republic before decree 34 brought the devil into the matter.

Exactly. Perfect reply

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2016
Grant the university some autonomy and stop breastfeeding it. The university can generate enough money to keep itself alive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganduje Demands Apology From Emir Sanusi Before Reconciliation / Kogi: INEC To Conduct Supplementary Elections On November 30th / APC Denies Plans To Replace Sanwo-olu With Abiru In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.