Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? (474 Views)

I Shake My Head For Some People, What If U Die And There Is No Heaven.?? / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) / Are You A REAL Or FAKE Student Of The University Of Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 10, 2016
I am a 22 year old female who has not entered university yet..

What do you suggest I study?

Not in an arrogant way but I am fairly naturally good at everything apart from physics/maths/technology and design/drawing.

Any suggestions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by bigseank(m): 1:08am On Jun 10, 2016
@OP u should av not put ur age there, nairaland peeps no get chill.....

that is the use of guardian counsellors in secondary school. but @ this age, u should already have ur life planned out and know what u want to do, in d words of singer Brymo "school is not for everybody". it doesn't mean u will still not be succeed in life. I know many people that their 1st degree dey gather dust, but are balling.
Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 10, 2016
but is it a disgrace to be 22 and not in uni? i have my reasons...

bigseank:
@OP u should av not put ur age there, nairaland peeps no get chill.....

that is the use of guardian counsellors in secondary school. but @ this age, u should already have ur life planned out and know what u want to do, in d words of singer Brymo "school is not for everybody". it doesn't mean u will still not be succeed in life. I know many people that their 1st degree dey gather dust, but are balling.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by blessedvisky(m): 1:21am On Jun 10, 2016
Well first, seeing that you brought this to the religious section and judging by your username, I believe you are a Christian trying to seek God's will for academic pursuit. Well, God is more interested in your spiritiual self than your academic pursuits.

Back to the main point
1) WHAT SORT OF INTEREST DO YOU HAVE ?? Do you like plants?? ( Botany), or you just love discovering ancient civilisations and settlements and artifacts ( archaeology & anthropology) I hope you are getting my point.
IDENTIFY YOUR INTERESTS AND LOOK FOR COURSES THAT FIT IT/THEM

2) WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS?? Now this is quite important in Nigeria. I hope you are not someone who likes poetry so much but wrote physics, chemistry and biology in WAEC.

3) WHAT IS THE ECONOMIC VALUE OF THE COURSE YOU HAVE IN MIND?? Well, to me, this is d most important part of your decision, Unless you're the type that just goes to school to get certificate and enter business or learn one skill later. Carefully look at the current economic viability of the course you have in mind. Is it one that employers demand for?. Does it have Job security?. Will it give you an edge over others when you get your cert and start looking for paid employment Eg studying physics education will automatically give you an edge over someone who studied just physics while applying for a teaching job, yet you guys will spend the same 4 years in school.
Is it going to be a professional course? They have job security (to a great extent).

4) FINANCE. How do you intend seeing yourself through school (if that's what is on ground) I strongly advise going through the fees paid by Unis properly before jumping into one. Then again, some courses cost more than others e.g geology, medicine & allied courses. Do you have enough money to see yourself through or do you have a solid plan for getting money.?.

Have at least 3 solid plans for getting cash while in school and start preparing even before resuming.

Let me stop here for now. Hope I made some sense?

I pray your admission will be success In JESUS Name
Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by blessedvisky(m): 1:36am On Jun 10, 2016
Obiageli1993:

No its not. If you really know what you want to do, and why you are doing it, societal pressures and distractions will not matter much to you anymore. Just know what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Many of your mates are through or almost through with tertiary education. tongue. But many of your mates are also dead cry. Many have given birth ( babymama) angry. Many have decided to marry undecided. Many are pursuing Msc. Or even PhD cool. Many don't even know what they are doing and are not ready to move forward with their lives. shocked.

BUT YOU ARE NOT THEM!! You are different. I see you desire to make yourself better by going to university. That alone is commendable. So its not a shame or a disgrace or a lack of vision.

But Pls try and be discrete next time with information. For example, I know you will turn 23 this year just by looking at your username. Abeg no forget my cake by then oo. cheesy[color=#000099][/color] smiley wink
Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Obiageli1993:
I am a 22 year old female who has not entered university yet..

What do you suggest I study?

Not in an arrogant way but I am fairly naturally good at everything apart from physics/maths/technology and design/drawing.

Any suggestions?
You seem to love Humanities and Arts. That's why you say you are not good in the sciences. So go for those ones.
Re: Spiritual People, What Should I Study In The University? by bigseank(m): 3:15am On Jun 10, 2016
Obiageli1993:

No, not at all. am sorry if i came off lyk that. there is no age limit 4 d seeking of knowledge. @ blessedvisky as said it all.

GoodLuck with whatever u decide..

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality Or Politics: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN / Must Read! Adam & Eve And The Emergence Of Races / Must Read: Life Lessons From Euro2016 Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.