Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,354 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? (1780 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / After I Invested Fortunes On Him, He Now Says I Stink' - Wife Tells Court / Ladies Would You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife If: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by biggaboy: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
Can you marry a second wife , if prophesied by man-of-God that it will bring fortunes into your life?
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Bestglo(f): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2009
I can't
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by ritaNL: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2009
Ur pastor just el you dat one abi na ur alfa? grin
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
rita@NL:

your pastor just el you dat one abi na your alfa? grin

Lol.
Since when do marrying more than one wife become a crime?
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by TYTAN(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2009
How Godly is that ur man of God, Two of u better go and work hard
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
@poster
if you knew anything about having ONE woman then you would know that marrying two can never bring any form of fortunes. . . . . . . . . or happiness in your home.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 12:45am On Aug 28, 2009
I know of someone who did this.

and after he left the first wife for the second, his business booomed seriously, <he got lots of government contrats and did well for himself> then the first wife confessed that she did some things to make him poor so that he wouldn't leave her,

Anyways, its possible. He's cut off all contact from the particular woman but takes care of his kids.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Sissy3(f): 5:48am On Aug 28, 2009
man of god ke? abeg tell me better jokes jare.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by biggaboy: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2009
[table]@poster
if you knew anything about having ONE woman then you would know that marrying two can never bring any form of fortunes. . . . . . . . . or happiness in your home.[/table]

my broda, one thing i want you to get straight , must naija guys /ladies prefer going to pastor/alfa before engaging , i did not codemn the act but they refuse to pray on their own for better union. inasmuch man-of-God says something even if it is  lie , it will be hard to change their mind.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

I know of someone who did this.

and after he left the first wife for the second, his business booomed seriously, <he got lots of government contrats and did well for himself> then the first wife confessed that she did some things to make him poor so that he wouldn't leave her,

Anyways, its possible. He's cut off all contact from the particular woman but takes care of his kids.

Na wa oh.
Could be coincidental though.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by jaybee3(m): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
i don't do prophecies. all crack and bull
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Na wa oh.
Could be coincidental though.

Coincidental ? then why would she confess ? undecided
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

Coincidental ? then why would she confess ? undecided

Confess say wetin now?
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
re-read my post.

She did things to make him poor so that he wouldn't leave her.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by GEW: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Lol.
Since when do marrying more than one wife become a crime?
you see you femi
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

re-read my post.

She did things to make him poor so that he wouldn't leave her.

Ummmmmm.
Now i am scared ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
GEW:

you see you femi

U will chase my tail tire.
I know there are some people that fight self, enjoy
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2009
God does not contradic himself. One man, one wife!! Any other thing is not from God.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

God does not contradic himself. One man, one wife!! Any other thing is not from God.

This only works if humans are created perfect and good, But even the bible says "the heart of man <woman> is desperately WICKED"

Love depends on luck, and to those who dont believe in God shouldn't marry ? or don't u hear of pastors who divorce and get married again, abegii jo
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Ummmmmm.
Now i am scared ohhhhhhhhh

I don't know if you believe in God or not, but thats why its important to pray before you marry someone. I believe that God will reveal certain things to you. I know he does to me sha,

But you should also realize that no one is perfect and always be ready to move on when the time comes, Life is journey and things happen and as things come your way, God will surely see you through if you request for his guidance.

Be well~
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

I don't know if you believe in God or not, but thats why its important to pray before you marry someone. I believe that God will reveal certain things to you. I know he does to me sha,

But you should also realize that no one is perfect and always be ready to move on when the time comes, Life is journey and things happen and as things come your way, God will surely see you through if you request for his guidance.

Be well~

I like that, and i have decided to never judge a book by it cover again.
I do blv in God and agree with you, but i have noticed that most of the time, we do listen to our voice and vision and not of God.
There are 3 voices that speaks to us, God, our voice and that of the devil.
We often misunderstand our own voice with that of God.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

This only works if humans are created perfect and good, But even the bible says "the heart of man <woman> is desperately WICKED"

Love depends on luck, and to those who dont believe in God shouldn't marry ? or don't u hear of pastors who divorce and get married again, abegii jo

Marriage is for better for worse my dear! Thats an oath you take before God and man. That's why you dont rush into it.

Pastors divorce, but that dosent make it right. God gives someone to you as a wife/husband for a reason. It dosen't all have to be a bed of roses.

Remember we are not talking about people who dosent believ in God. The guy claims its 'God' that told him to marry the second wife. Thats why I said God dosent contradict himself!!
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

Marriage is for better for worse my dear! Thats an oath you take before God and man. That's why you dont rush into it.

Pastors divorce, but that dosent make it right. God gives someone to you as a wife/husband for a reason. It dosen't all have to be a bed of roses.

Remember we are not talking about people who dosent believ in God. The guy claims its 'God' that told him to marry the second wife. Thats why I said God dosent contradict himself!!

No the question says: Can you marry a second wife if prophesied by a "man of god", man of god doesn't mean approval from god,

People/Humans choose thier mates, God doesn't come down and choose anyone's mate, you can only ask god for directions,
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
god has given everyone freewill.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

No the question says: Can you marry a second wife if prophesied by a "man of god", man of god doesn't mean approval from god,

People/Humans choose thier mates, God doesn't come down and choose anyone's mate, you can only ask god for directions,

God dosen't come down from Heaven, we hear from him throrugh the so-called Men of God. If someone tells you to marry a second wife in the name of God, then that's the sign you need to know he's not real. They all come in the name of God but 'by their fruits, you shall know them'.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

God dosen't come down from Heaven, we hear from him throrugh the so-called Men of God. If someone tells you to marry a second wife in the name of God, then that's the sign you need to know he's not real. They all come in the name of God but 'by their fruits, you shall know them'.

Thats not necessarily true. If the wife will not change her evil ways then you need to find your way. In my example given, the man's life changed  incredibly after he left his first wife,  there are some things that are unexplainable and thats why its good to pray before you marry, 

If you don't pray and get married to a woman who practices evil deeds, then you need to leave if she doesn't refuse to change her evil ways.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

Thats not necessarily true. If the wife will not change her evil ways then you need to find your way. In my example given, the man's life changed incredibly after he left his first wife, there are some things that are unexplainable and thats why its good to pray before you marry,

If you don't pray and get married to a woman who practices evil deeds, then you need to leave if she doesn't refuse to change her evil ways.

That's the problem with people, you go into marriage thinking you can walk out anytime. The bible only justifies divorce on the ground of Adultery. You should know the character of any woman before you marry her. The fact that you dint pray and found yourself in the marriage is not an excuse to walk out. You are bound by God and by Law to her for life.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by onijogbon(m): 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ OP, who be man of God? no be pesin like u hin be? make una dey deceive unaselves dia.  

so ya first wife don dey bring u a lot of misfortunes that it took a so-called "man of God" to prophesy this nonesense to you ehn?  

u mumu no be small o! why waste ya time (i'm sure money too) with some "man of God" to tell you this when all you have to do is change to the "religion of peace."

with that, you don't need any "man of God" to prophesy jack to u cause by default you can marry as many wives as you want.  

abi, no be wetin you wan take style do be dat? prophesy good fortune ko, wo'li ni! alakori!
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
its only an African who will post such a thread linking second wife, prophets and fortunes.

any wonder all of them are vacating the continent as fast as their legs can carry them.

and are the majority moving to fellow African countries that share their philosophy?

No.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

That's the problem with people, you go into marriage thinking you can walk out anytime. The bible only justifies divorce on the ground of Adultery. You should know the character of any woman before you marry her. The fact that you dint pray and found yourself in the marriage is not an excuse to walk out. You are bound by God and by Law to her for life.

There is no problem with people. Everyone has different value and that definitely does not include condoning a wife that practices evil deeds.

No one goes into marriage thinking that they can walk out anytime, there are some things that occur that are beyond your control.  People change.

No one is bound to anything, hahaha! A man should never condone a woman who practices evil deeds because he wants to call her wife, If she changes, fine, and if she CHOOSES not to, let him find his way,

A woman who visits the babalawo instead of worshipping God should not use her evil waka to affect her husband's blessings, unless that man is stupid.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by posakosa(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
tpia.:

its only an African who will post such a thread linking second wife, prophets and fortunes.

any wonder all of them are vacating the continent as fast as their legs can carry them.

and are the majority moving to fellow African countries that share their philosophy?

No.

Trust me, its not just an African/or Nigerian phenomenon, such idea is just described differently.

I know some white couples who got divorced after 24 years of marriage and they both said that they weren't successful because they competed with each rather than support each other, <they were always extremely critical rather than supportive> then they both started dating other people and found supportive partners,

Phenomenons remain the same just explained and described differently.
Re: Can You Marry Sec Wife If Prophesies It Will Bring Fortunes? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2009
posakosa:

There is no problem with people. Everyone has different value and that definitely does not include condoning a wife that practices evil deeds.

No one goes into marriage thinking that they can walk out anytime, there are some things that occur that are beyond your control.  People change.

No one is bound to anything, hahaha! A man should never condone a woman who practices evil deeds because he wants to call her wife, If she changes, fine, and if she CHOOSES not to, let him find his way,

A woman who visits the babalawo instead of worshipping God should not use her evil waka to affect her husband's blessings, unless that man is stupid.

No one is bound to anything? You stood before your family and friends and more importantly, God, and swore to love her for better or worse. and You dont think it binds you? Gee!

People change, that's why its marriage. You learn to adjust to the changes, you learn to cope with the changes, you learn to love her no matter what. That's love and that's marriage.

As for the evil waka thing. Well you do have a point, but I dont think a wife ordained by God to be yours will ever bring you harm. That's why you have to look well before you leap, because once you are in, there's no going back!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help ! A Stranger Is Taking Over Her Home / Why Are Blacks Not The Most Successful Group? / Why Do Women Live Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.