Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Bank Reforms (so Called): A Few Thoughts/questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Reforms (so Called): A Few Thoughts/questions (624 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of the Lamido Sanusi led "Bank reforms".

I belive the Govt is doing the right thing: 0% (0 votes)
I partially support the Govt: 0% (0 votes)
This will not help our economy: 0% (0 votes)
It's all a ruse (He is simply intimidating them so he get more "settlement" in future.): 0% (0 votes)
Let's wait and see: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

World Bank Gives Kachikwu Thumbs Up On NNPC Reforms / A Few Thoughts On Goodluck Jonathan’s Job Creation Efforts… / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Reforms (so Called): A Few Thoughts/questions by Ekun2: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
A few thoughts/questions on the "so called" bank reforms
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Why is the Fed government so eager to sanitize banks when it has grossly FAILED to sanitize everything else ?

2. What moral authority does the govt have to sanitize banks, when itself has refused to be sanitized?

3. Why haven't the exact details of the bad loans been released. That's assuming there are actually bad loans (Note that someone can't be said to be owing if the loan period has not expired).

4. What disciplinary actions have been taken against CBN reviewers who gave these banks a clean bill of health in the past?

5. Why hasn't any debtor been arrested till now?

6. Why haven't any of the consolidated banks (which couldn't get N25Bn individually due to fundamental problems) been give the same treatment.

Also Note!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some sources are even claiming that this is an "ethnic" maneuver, i.e. an attempt to inject Northern interest into a sector with predominantly southern influence (this in light of claims that the Yar Adua govt has skewed political appointments in favour of Northern interests).

Bank of the north was the only bank with significantly northern influence, has been consolidated and it's influence diluted).

The same sources claim it may even be a plot of revenge by the Northern state governments (having gained favour of the Yar Adua dynasty marrying his daughters) which all had interest in the defunct "bank Of the North".

Recommendation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I strongly suggest people let these matters play themselves out before we pass judgement as we have seen repeatedly that the Fed Govt rarely acts with complete equity.

(1) (Reply)

6000 Megawatts Of Electricity For The Country By December: Possible? / Ppa Faction ? / Should Yar’adua Have The Powers To Remove The Ig Of Police?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.