Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Naija Is A Failed State! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naija Is A Failed State! (2328 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Chai!!! Naija!!! Is This Really Abia State Teaching Hospital??? Photos / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Is A Failed State! by ndomadu: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
Nigeria is a failed state.It's a bitter truth but it is true.See morocco,cairo,libya etc.Education has collapsed,graduates don't get jobs,mr president doesn't have a mind of his own,billionaires take our money(loans) to erect industries and fill the whole place with indians,Federal roads are a shame,cases of kidnapping has overwhelmed the police,MEND now hold the aces in a Federal republic,our proffessor emerituses are now flooding U.S and u.k universities,senators and reps instead of putting the executive on the spotlight(impeachment) are very much interested in furniture allowances and grammar sessions.Nigerian pastors instead of being the Elijah of our time are building private univerities,buying private jets or engaging in one scandal or the other.truly a shame!
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by asha80(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
This matter has been flogged several times.The truth is that the nigeria we have now is the nigeria of our dreams kiss
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Poster, what have you, as a citizen, tried to do before now to fight the situation, before reaching this conclusion of yours?

asha 80:

This matter has been flogged several times.The truth is that the nigeria we have now is the nigeria of our dreams kiss

Same question!! What have you done to try to make this dream of yours come true, before reaching this conclusion today?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by asha80(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what have you, as a citizen, tried to do before now to fight the situation, before reaching this conclusion of yours?

Same question!! What have you done to try to make this dream of yours come true, before reaching this conclusion today?

Forget yarns.This is naija for life representing here.E go better kiss
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
asha 80:

Forget yarns.This is naija for life representing here.E go better kiss

No, what have you as a CITIZEN and human being done to mitigate the situation, BEFORE reaching this final conclusion? I mean you ought to have done something for you to conclude now that it is no use. Or do you just fold your hands and declare it finished when you never even started?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by asha80(m): 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No, what have you as a CITIZEN and human being done to mitigate the situation, BEFORE reaching this final conclusion? I mean you ought to have done something for you to conclude now that it is no use. Or do you just fold your hands and declare it finished when you never even started?

I do not know about you but these days i just watch from sidelines as nigeria of our dreams unfolds.Naija for life kiss
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
asha 80:

I do not know about you but these days i just watch from sidelines as nigeria of our dreams unfolds.Naija for life kiss

Have you ever not watched from the sidelines? If yes, then please answer the question. What have you done in the past to help solve the problems, before reaching this conclusion which you have today?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by asha80(m): 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Have you ever not watched from the sidelines? If yes, then please answer the question. What have you done in the past to help solve the problems, before reaching this conclusion which you have today?

Kobo which one be your own now Which conclusion have i reached?That this is not nigeria of our dreams?This is the nigeria of our dreams without addressing our fundamentals.

Anyway like i said "e go better" after all we are the giant of africa no be so?Do not worry our 'potential' as a country will soon be 'kinetic' by God's grace amen kiss
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2009

King of the failed state

Suffering and smiling
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2009

Oil producing nation
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2009

Dividends of democracy

Improvement in agriculture
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2009

Women are treated like thugs

Even babes have to suffer to suckle
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2009

Warning to James Ibori

Abacha 4th mainland bridge
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2009

Well done Alao Akala
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2009

A society bedeviled so much that even the police is endangered

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2009

Ritz Hotels, Nigerian branch

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2009

Oh mama Africa, where art thou?

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2009

Amechi's Port Harcourt

BecomeRich pissed off  grin
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Asha80, the reason I ask this question is that I would like for every single Nigerian out there to, before he/she thrown in the towel, first consider the part he/she has played in at least working against it coming to where it is today.

AT NO SINGLE POINT IN TIME can the Nigerian people CLAIM they have actually done much to help fix the problems. We have either been Forced or hoodwinked into doing something but never have we really stood up to fight. However, I note that we are quick to CONCLUDE that it is failed. Case and point -- since we adopted a democratic system, not a single time has it been recorded that the people have actually PUSHED for anything. We have, as you, sat by on the sidelines, critiquing and throwing our opinions, but have never reallY PUSHED to get these opinions heard. Why then do we feel we have a right to conclude it is failed?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2009

Maroko is alive again

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
Nigerians arent too environmentally conscious, for some reason. Maybe due to poverty.

though its not that way in the villages however. Mainly the big cities and towns.
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009

Who will save us?

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2009

Our own Yaradull and Ojo peeping at a white woman. How much did they pay her this time?

Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2009

Niger Deltans protest shell
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
is that a white woman?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
Photoshoot

Ndi okereke onyiuke chills with fellow thieves while her state is in turmoil over oil money.
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by ndomadu: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
@aloy emeka,

Thanks for the pics
@kob'junkie
compare those pics with the scenery in america where u claim to reside and tell me what you v done from ur own end to help the situation than allowing your tongue to run!
the only weapon we the citizenry had other than arms were our votes.unfortunately the cabals never allow it to count.technology will never work in this country cos education is at its ebb.My broda,my sister-which way to go??
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2009

Peter Odili's toilet

Lolo chief Etteh

Did he understand the meaning of the placard?. I mean, Yaradull?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2009
Now this is what i called poverty.
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by asha80(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2009
Aloy which one be Peter Odili toilet cheesy
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
ndomadu:

@aloy emeka,

Thanks for the pics
@kob'junkie
compare those pics with the scenery in america where u claim to reside and tell me what you v done from your own end to help the situation than allowing your tongue to run!
the only weapon we the citizenry had other than arms were our votes.unfortunately the cabals never allow it to count.technology will never work in this country cos education is at its ebb.My broda,my sister-which way to go??

Why are you evading the question? I am asking you again, what have you done as a Citizen of Nigeria to help make the Nigerian scenery into that which you seem to love of America?

I am not the one who came in concluding Nigeria has failed. I would expect a descent human to put in to some action before making a CONCLUSION that it is all failed in the end.

You claim the only weapon the citizenry in has is their votes, yet in America that is not the case, but you are quick to compare Nigeria to America regardless. American citizens actually do more with their votes, as is clear in the fact that most of the laws passed and changed in this country have been as a result of call from the citizens for change. So, if you are yet to activate your citizenship in such a manner, why expect better than what you have now? Why expect what is obtained in the developed world when you are unwilling to do what they have had to do to get to where they are now?
Re: Naija Is A Failed State! by AloyEmeka6: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2009
Aloy which one be Peter Odili toilet

You think they use the same shit box like you?. My guy, your own na latrine, their own na fish pond.  Fishes incinerate their shit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Insists On Northern Presidential Candidate - Rebuffs Obasanjo's Statements / Breaking News: Gov. Saraki Defeated By Dr Ibrahim Yahaya Oloriegbe ((acn) / Tinubu: US, UK Banks Release Accounts Details; Tinubu May Be Declared Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.