Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos (57711 Views)

Couple Arrive Traditional Wedding In Wooden Platforms Carried By Muscular Guys / Cars Given As Souvenirs At Ehi Ogbebor Wedding In Benin (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by AreaFada2: 2:12am On Jun 11, 2016
4stylz:

Please show me the Yoruba attire , go and read about the binis , we have been here since the beginning of time; I won't insult yorubas becos one born bastard like you is trying to type rubbish
Nor mind the goon.

I tend to comment on Edo/Yoruba topics because of reasonable people who read it.

Edo was exporting fine clothes 500 years ago. Along the Atlantic coast.

When Queen Nzinga of Ngola (now called Angola), the queen also called Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande died on December 17th 1663, when she was being buried, fine expensive clothes made in Benin were among the precious goods like gold, silver and others buried with her. The same Portuguese who bought the clothes in Benin Empire reported it in their reports in Angola.

Let ignorant people be showing their ignorance publicly.

As for Yoruba names, Benin succeeded in ruling large non-Benin speaking colonies despite average Benin population size by doing like the Romans did.
They only installed princes & nobles to rule colonies BUT respect and even assimilate local customs there. As long as they report to the Oba & pay tribute.

Like Benin rulers of new provinces, Roman rulers routinely became hellenised (in Greece), Asiatic in Asia, Germanised in Germania & Belgica, gallic in Gaul/France, Britannic in Britannia etc And adopted foreign gods, norms & customs too. That respect for local culture more easily put suspicious new lands at ease. To be re-assured that the new bosses have not come to turn everything upside down.

Eastern Yorubaland was part of Benin Empire and Otun in Northern Ekiti was set as boundary between Oyo Empire & Benin Empire.

Ado-Akure (Edo n'Ekue) people from that imperial time are still found in Utese, Ogbese, Usen, Egbeta, Iguogho, Olumoye and other communities in Ovia LGAs. Many still speak Yoruba dialects very close to Olukumi. Of course some also bear Yoruba names. As the core of an Empire that had many languages in the provinces, nothing unusual.

To the east, Edo still has some Ika/Igbanke people left from Eastern reach of the empire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by Ademusiwa1: 2:37am On Jun 11, 2016
[size=28pt]Only arm robbers want live in America as a Nigerian.

You can make it more in Nigeria than the USA or Canada.. Because there are no Google or Facebook or twitters or telus or this way who do wrong to rival and get away with it. In Nigeria.

It is jungle justice in Nigeria. You do me, I do you , God no vex. Who goes to court.[/size]
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by 6digitscomrade: 4:05am On Jun 11, 2016
yes oooooo beautiful and progressive minds attract...haters wail!!!!!!!!!!!head wey go wear crown must wear crown..no matter the hating na time e go take!!!!!
dainformant:
good for him
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by 6digitscomrade: 4:09am On Jun 11, 2016
but can sum1 get a genuine really not ABA made brain..for stoooooopid people also in nigeriacuz mindset really is one the biggest problem in nja..from comments here one doesnt a chief priest to TELL.
Ademusiwa1:
[size=28pt]Only arm robbers want live in America as a Nigerian.

You can make it more in Nigeria than the USA or Canada.. Because there are no Google or Facebook or twitters or telus or this way who do wrong to rival and get away with it. In Nigeria.

It is jungle justice in Nigeria. You do me, I do you , God no vex. Who goes to court.[/size]
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by 6digitscomrade: 4:16am On Jun 11, 2016
no sense in every u wrote...u need mind,head and fingers transplant broda...i can tell is either u are from the indomie generation or association has killed u even b4 ur time..change friends bro..dont be analog in digital world save urself NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yoruba and Bini are brodaz and sisterz..and will always be..
Karm16:
So they had to dress in Yoruba attire? Edo people will no kii me. Today they're anti Yoruba, tomorrow they give their children Yoruba names grin

It's just fear. Nobody can understand the Yoruba race, so they start fearing us.
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by 6digitscomrade: 4:19am On Jun 11, 2016
God bless u funny enough i couldnt help but to notice the stench oozing outta da ignorance..
evansjeff:
must you display your ignorance always. Children of this generation.
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by treasuredm(f): 4:41am On Jun 11, 2016
angryGirls need prayers seriously. No wonder she ditched my friend
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by 4stylz: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2016
AreaFada2:

Nor mind the goon.

I tend to comment on Edo Yoruba topics because of reasonable people who read it.

Edo was exporting fine clothes 500 years ago. Along the Atlantic coast.

When Queen Nzinga of Ngola (now called Angola), the queen also called Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande died on December 17th 1663, when she was being buried, fine expensive clothes made in Benin were among the precious goods like gold, silver and others buried with her. The same Portuguese who bought the clothes in Benin Empire reported it in their reports in Angola.

Let ignorant people be showing their ignorance publicly.

As for Yoruba names, Benin succeeded in ruling large non-Benin speaking colonies despite average Benin population size by doing like the Romans did.
They only installed princes & nobles to rule colonies BUT respect and even assimilate local customs there. As long as they report to the Oba & pay tribute.

Like Benin rulers of new provinces, Romans rulers routinely became hellenised (in Greece), Asiatic in Asia, Germanised in Germania & Belgica, gallic in Gaul, Britannic in Britannia etc And adopted foreign gods, customs too. That respect for local culture more easily put suspicious new lands at ease. To be re-assured that the new bosses have not come to turn everything upside down.

Eastern Yorubaland was part of Benin Empire and Otun in Northern Ekiti was set as boundary between Oyo Empire & Benin Empire.

Ado-Akure (Edo n'Ekue) people from that imperial time are still found in Utese, Ogbese, Usen, Egbeta, Iguogho, Olumoye and other communities in Ovia LGAs. Many still speak Yoruba dialects very close to Olukumi. Of course they also bear Yoruba names. As the core of an Empire that had many languages in the provinces, nothing unusual.

To the east, Edo still has some Ika/Igbanke people left from Eastern reach of the empire.

Well said broda
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by mamawin(f): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2016
manutdrichie:
Hmmmm
Abeg op hide that cake make my fiancee no copy am come show meoooo cos i promised to do anything for her
I will send her a pic of this and bigger ones, when you were promising her what were you thinking?
Re: Dion Osagie's Traditional Wedding In Benin - Photos by Boss13: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
This guy is a fraudster

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Ceremony In Anambra Shut Down By Traditional Ruler (Photo, Video) / Tall Bride Weds Short Groom (Lovely Photos) / Bride And Groom Look So Sad On Their Wedding Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.