Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father (21186 Views)

Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu And Ebelechukwu Obiano At Handwashing Day Celebration (Photos) / Pickpockets Steal At Richard Okeke's Burial In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by olillywales(m): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
The governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has described the late Chief Richard Okeke, Ezuo of Enugwu-Ukwu na Umunri, father of his Deputy, as a great man who died leaving a legacy worthy of emulation by all. Governor Obiano stated this in a brief eulogy today at Enugwu-Ukwu, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Governor Obiano noted that Ezuo Enugwu-Ukwu na Umunri lived a devoted life to the course of the church, family and society and died at a ripe age of eighty-eight years.

Said he: “Ezuo, achieved a lot for his immediate family and community. I recall a few times I met him and he always remindd me to always work well with my son. I can tell you that Nkem and I work like brothers, and most of you know, Nkem is a bright and reliable man. I wish to recognize Nkem’s mother, a very dedicated woman who looked after the husband and every woman should emulate her dedication for leaving every other thing to stick with her husband until his death.”

Obiano urged Nkem and his siblings to uphold the legacy of their father who served the church well and called on Enugwu-Ukwu people to be proud of their great son. He also commended the Bishops who turned out in large numbers for the burial service of the late Ezue.

Earlier in his Sermon, the Dean Church of Nigeria and Archbishop, Metropolitan, Ecclesiastical Province of the Niger, the Most Revd. Christian Efobi, called on many to learn some lessons from the life led by Late Chief Okeke and called on all to be ready for death at all times by forsaking their sins, loving God and their neighbour.

He enjoined the Okeke family to remain united in purposeful fellowship. The Archbishop Efobi reiterated that God-ordained destinies for men will surely come to pass, saying that God crowned the late icon's efforts with success.

Responding, Deputy Governor Nkem and his brother, Emeka Okeke thanked Governor Obiano among others for their support towards the funeral rites, and noted that the ceremony was a celebration of a good life full of legacies, adding that being proud of their roots, they would forever miss their late dad.

A retinue of Archbishops, Bishops, Council of Knights, APGA Stalwarts, Traditional Rulers, Enugu State Governor, Deputy Governors of Kogi, Ebonyi, Enugu, Delta and Cross River, among others also attended the service.

Immanuels Anglican Church Enugwu-ukwu, Njikoka Local Government Area, venue for the burial service was filled to capacity for the ceremony which the deceased’s son, the Deputy Governor described as wonderful.

The road from Late Chief Okeke's residence was heavily gridlocked as the pall bearers as well as the Deputy Governor in Company of his family members and friends took off on foot bearing his late father to the church.

Late Chief Richard Okeke was finally laid to rest in his residence in Awovu village, Enugwu-Ukwu.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-obiano-at-burial-of-his-deputys.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by olillywales(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by MotionD1: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
national criminals

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Proffdada: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2016
Whispers: "Your name is on Buhari's looters list"

Proffdada:
I no dey lie, see preview

13 Likes

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by allybaby(f): 9:31am On Jun 11, 2016
His wife is pretty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Kwamelim: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2016
MotionD1:
national criminals
undecided
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by famnek(f): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2016
It's good to marry a damsel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Moneyhatesme(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2016
God will punish dat deputy governor. For over 3 weeks, nepa has not even lit candle for us here in Enugwu Ukwu his home town talkless of bringing low current but coincidentally light came the exact day he was burying his father, tell me if this is not 419.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by ewuskale(f): 9:35am On Jun 11, 2016
fine couple

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by GoldenJAT(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2016
cool
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Mopolchi: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2016
Willie should start working well. many Anambra people are getting fed up with him.

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2016
Moneyhatesme:
God will punish dat deputy governor. For over 3 weeks, nepa has not even lit candle for us here in Enugwu Ukwu his home town talkless of bringing low current but coincidentally light came the exact day he was burying his father, tell me if this is not 419.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by fortunechy(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2016
amodu shuaibu is dead........honestly,NFF nid cleansing cus smfin is wrong sm wia.
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Bom4Real: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2016
I Dont Know why i love Willie Obiano,Even though He IS Not Handsome,i admire HIS beautiful Performance

3 Likes

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Francis95(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2016
E be like say my governor dey bleach oo...

Fine man cool
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 11, 2016
RIP to the dead

btw, y'all shud download my new song titled kuti @ https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/95310

My guy got so high on weed, that he was searching
for his phone with the torchlight of the same phone he
was looking for. He got so worried about the phone
and was almost in tears even his room mate,who was
also high, decided to join him in the search.

After 45
minutes of searching, his phone rang, he picked the call and quickly replied the caller “I’ll call you back,
I’m looking for my phone ” and he angrily ended
the call and continued in the search for the phone he
just answered a call with. After a while, he then
decided to use the same phone to call his line and
when he got the busy network he turned to his room mate and said “guy forget, that phone don lost, the
person wey thief am, don off am

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by kossyablaze(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Cute couple... God bless anambra state

3 Likes

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by kossyablaze(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Mopolchi:
Willie should start working well. many Anambra people are getting fed up with him.
If I tear u slap eh...

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2016
She is pretty yes, but after her husbands tenur in the gvmnt huz she will look more yunger insted of geting older like her age mates that ar poor, our moneyis working ...... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by bibinwaka: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Dr Nkem Okeke way back in skul as my eco maths lectr he comes to class wit his american slanks Nd yells " Hi guys, Alryt guys". Use to be very handsome what happnd to him, maybe age or stress. Whateva accept my condolence guys!

grin

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by YoungExec: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2016
Mopolchi:

At least he is still paying worker's salaries. Unlike a vast majority of his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Mopolchi: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
If I tear u slap eh...
Why you wan tear me slap? You come from Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Mopolchi: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
YoungExec:

At least he is still paying worker's salaries. Unlike a vast majority of his colleagues.
Yes he is paying but he is highly extravagant in frivolities.
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by nuelzy: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Moneyhatesme:
brother wetin u dey do here grin....so enugwu-ukwu follow reach nairaland !! grincheesygrin

bt seriously d man is a capital fool...very useless thing

for 3wks he kept us in darkness...bt immediately dey put d carcass of his father inside his grave...dey brought d light....and dis is nt d first time...nor d second

d man is a dunce....

his nerve to spend 10million for d burial while we r suffering is sickening

buhari must hear dis...oh! d man has ear infection sef grin

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by mejai(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
is DAT why dey diverted traffic to Onitsha yesterday? mtchew
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by adex15: 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
allybaby:
His wife is pretty
..And u too..jez admiring u nani
Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Moneyhatesme(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
nuelzy:
brother wetin u dey do here grin....so enugwu-ukwu follow reach nairaland !! grincheesygrin

bt seriously d man is a capital fool...very useless thing

for 3wks he kept us in darkness...bt immediately dey put d carcass of his father inside his grave...dey brought d light....and dis is nt d first time...nor d second

d man is a dunce....

his nerve to spend 10million for d burial while we r suffering is sickening

buhari must hear dis...oh! d man has ear infection sef grin
Am telling u. The highest structure he has built in Enugwu Ukwu since his deputy governorship is that magnificent canopy for his father's burial grin
Come to think of it, his fada once held a high position in nepa. Stupid ppl

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Kennycyphers(m): 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
Moneyhatesme:

That's my home town.. . that's quite unfair.. and I was thinking we will get a fair share of the dividend of democracy through him..

1 Like

Re: Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father by Sunofgod(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
Moneyhatesme:

Take that up with Fashola/Buhari - electricity has to be rationed now as the country is under siege.

Was it not RN Okeke that oversaw the 'electrification' of Enugwu Ukwu? What have you or your papa done for your town?

You should be grateful they brought light for the burial - rather than use the light to post trash on NL why not go iron some clothes and turn the radio on! undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Nobody Cheats The Yoruba Without Consequence – Ffk / Ramaphosa To PMB: We Regret Attacks But Have To Address Poverty, Crime / Ifeanyi Kalu: NAF Denies Air Force Vehicle Crushed Lagos Artist To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.