Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Best Time To Have Lived Or To Live - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Best Time To Have Lived Or To Live (769 Views)

Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years / You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye / Would Our First Parents (adam And Eve) Have Lived Forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Time To Have Lived Or To Live by VeriLee: 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
Given what you know about the history of humanity, when do you think is the best time to have lived?

Would you prefer to have lived in the time of Moses?

Would you prefer to have lived in the time of Abraham?

Would you prefer to have lived in the time of Jesus?

Would you prefer to have lived in the time of the Trans-atlantic slave trade?

Would you prefer to have lived in the time of colonial imperialism?

OR, maybe you prefer to have not been born now but in sometime in the future.

Would you prefer to have been born in the year 2050, or 2150, or 3000 years?
Re: Best Time To Have Lived Or To Live by huxley(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
For me, I would certainly not have wanted to have lived before the discovery of DNA and its associated technologies. Such technologies are the greated liberators of the human race from the ignorance and darkness of religions, racism, etc, etc.

Nonetheless, I would like to pay homage to some of the great men/women in the past who were responsible for laying down the foundations of this modern world.
Re: Best Time To Have Lived Or To Live by Image123(m): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
I think the best time to live is when you're alive. God has so made/prepared every human to be in the generation he should be. No human is a mistake or a product of chance. That's why NOW is the time to do what we must do. Every man has his/her night coming.
There's always been believers and unbelievers in EVERY generation. One would think unbelief will be little or sin small at the time of Jesus, but it wasn't so. In every generation, there's joy and pain, satisfaction and dissatisfaction, sunshine and rain, death and life, and choice. It what you choose to do that determines what you get from life. I made my choice, I chose Christ Jesus, I chose to fear God. It's the shortest and best cut to all I'll ever need.

(1) (Reply)

Welcoming Strangers / The Value Of Prophecy / GOD Gets Us Over The Top! Here Is The Mathematical Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.