Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

The Untapped Benefits Of Selfless Service - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Untapped Benefits Of Selfless Service (504 Views)

The 'selfless act' challenge / The Untapped Power Of Email Marketing!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Untapped Benefits Of Selfless Service by cletty: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
THE UN-TAPPED BENEFITS OF SELFLESS SERVICE.

It is very common for unemployed youths to blame there unemployed status on lack of connection. They claim that only the privileged ones, with connection in high places get the best of jobs.
While this claim is not totally out of place. It is very important to properly describe what the so called connection is.

The word connection means to join, relate, link, fasten together, or communicate. The big question now is: How do we connect with prominent people?

To connect with something, first you need to be within the view of that thing. It is unfortunate that most youth do not expose themselves to the right connection. They run away from activities and responsibility, meanwhile this are opportunities for exposure. It is very important for youths to join: voluntary associations, social groups, religious groups, and even make out time for seminars, sporting events, competition and religious events. These are avenues that provide the necessary exposure for the right connection.

Exposure to connection is important but then actual connection is even more important. After meeting you in an event, why should I make reference to you in times of opportunity? The answer is not far-fetched.

First, a show of a sense of responsibility and honesty. People need to embrace responsibility and see it as an opportunity to make a good impression through honest and committed performance. It is often said that: The reward of a good job is more work. When you perform excellently in a voluntary work, I will definitely remember you for a job that has a reward.

Psychologically, there is this sense of indebtedness for someone that does you a favor. If I am in the position to offer opportunity, I will definitely remember someone that has impacted me over others that I met but never had an impact. We need to harness this psychological concept in gaining the right connection. People need to see the need of others as an opportunity for connection. We need to be genuinely and selflessly concerned about the need of others, there lies the: ‘Untapped benefit of selfless service’.

Ponder on the following:
1. Do I consider what I stand to benefit in a relationship beyond what I have to offer?
2. Am I genuinely interested in people’s affairs?
3. Can I commit faithfully to a work that has no pay attached?
4. Am I sad at people’s progress?
5. Do I offer helping hand even when am not asked?

We really need to tap into the benefits of selfless service.

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Child Struggling With Mathematics, Contact Us To Help You Out. / How Long Will It Take Me To Design A Website? / Opportunity To Apply To The Prestigious Yenching Academy(fully Funded)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.