Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) (37723 Views)

CRACKED- A Poem By Opeyemi / Secrets And Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nmaglit:
I love this update time table
Happy you like it. Let's be getting ready for the Monday premiere.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kikayboss(m): 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
TALIUS IS BACK...

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by princessadeola(f): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2016
I really live this story, welcome Talius

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by princessadeola(f): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2016
I really love this story, weldone Talius

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wow am hooked! Good job Talius kiss

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by heskeyw(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
bibijay123:

so na here u come hide Oya come and update.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
heskeyw:

so na here u come hide Oya come and update Hi.

Loool chai! U Don catch me oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
kikayboss:
TALIUS IS BACK...
Yes boss! He is.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
princessadeola:
I really love this story, weldone Talius

bibijay123:

Thanks dears. Hope to see you both by Monday when Book two premieres.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
I love the way you write and how u keep ur readers wanting for more....good one bro!

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Talius:

Thanks dears. Hope to see you both by Monday when Book two premieres.

Yes u will!
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mr Patrick reminds me of Louise in Suits grin

2 Likes

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kikayboss(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
bibijay123:
and Anna reminds me of that part in dorobucci *"Doro is a cheerful giveeeeeeerrrr"*

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
kikayboss:
and Anna reminds me of that part in dorobucci *"Doro is a cheerful giveeeeeeerrrr"*

Loool ahn ahn grin
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
bibijay123:
I love the way you write and how u keep ur readers wanting for more....good one bro!

Thanks. My head is swelling a bit.

bibijay123:

Yea, I think they have some traits in common.

kikayboss:

LOL

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2016
CRACKED SOURCES
Book 2 (Complete sixteen episodes)
Sex, Schemes, Scandals (SSS)

E1

"Good morning Sir!"

The greeting echoed all through the large conference hall. Andrew was still getting used to being the ultimate center of attention - After years of careful planning and pretense, his well coveted heart desire had been fulfilled, but even after two weeks of living the dream he still felt the same emptiness he felt that day - He desperately needed something to fill that void. "The programme Sir," the reminder from Mr. Dimeji was what he needed to escape the persistent thought about emptiness that had been trailing him lately.

With just two weeks passed since the well publicized case involving the firm and Crescent Housing Estate not much had changed. Since those final defining moments at the Court of Law Mark was still in police custody awaiting his full push to trial, and Akin had become a pest in the law world searching desperately for a loophole in the Judge's verdict that'll allow him gain access into his firm again, amongst many other happenings among which Andrew on the Throne was paramount.

"Proceed."

Andrew finally gave the long awaited command. The Head of programmes, Mr. Badmus was the scheduled first to speak. He was a nervous wreck which was obvious from the consistent errors and repeated stutters he gave with his tenses, he stood without confidence on the podium. Almost anyone could tell all wasn't right, he kept jerking and trying to balance his weight and fears from one foot to the other, thereby creating a looped show of professional shame before his many colleagues who already had their own personal issues of contempt for the new CEO to deal with. Andrew laughed, he found this dance movements funny, contrary to the popular opinions of the other observers present, his stance on the matter angered most of the Directors present at this meeting but he didn't care, he was having the time of his life watching Badmus repeatedly make a fool of himself, something he rarely ever got to see this days.

Patricia watched with rapt attention as the collected bead of sweat at the edge of Badmus's forehead drop without stress, she could tell the man was under huge stress, "stress induced stress," she thought to herself as she stood to walk towards his position, she threw a glance Andrew's way and could see he was still having the time of his life, something she felt he didn't get much of lately, it pained her slightly to be the one to end his fun. It was her duty to protect him at all times just as she had been doing for the past two weeks since she was officially promoted to the position of Personal Assistant of the CEO - All potential threats to her boss would be eliminated before they became actual threats - That was what she was going to do here and now.

Patrick could tell something was seriously wrong. Even though he didn't know Badmus very well: They weren't on a first name basis because of the large gap in their office functions amongst many other factors, he did know from their previous interaction that one time they represented the firm at a public seminar that he was an articulate, calculative and quite impressive young man and not the facade he was painting in the heads of everyone present here. "You look tensed Badmus," Patrick called his attention to his heavily sweat soaked shirt even though the air conditioning system was in active service, the call to order served to send him into worse depression than he previously was.

"I can't do this," Badmus finally cried in surrender. He paced forth and back his position, before before finally racing for the exit. Patricia caught up with him, she stood before him, blovking his exit, and played the game of left and right with him till he gave up and freaked out even more. He started walking back towards the presentation podium, he was visibly shaken and had well swollen eyes now. The remaining occupants who had been slow to lose their cool suddenly realised there could be more to this than mere stage anxiety. A few who had extra sensitive imaginations, thought him to be strapped with a bomb hence his Al-Queda leveled tension. Some had began silently saying a prayer.

Andrew could now tell that this performance had gone beyond simple theatrics he initially thought it to be, even as theatre tricks were one of Badmus's well known office tricks before he recently rose to the rank of Director. This had gone pass an amateur's performance. He sat upright on his throne, and observed properly how the tensed man up there transferred his swollen face from one cheek to the other. He turned his head towards Patricia and asked with body language, "What's wrong with him?" Patricia took a quick glance at Badmus - His head was buried down staring at his own feet as though psychically counting his toes covered under his shoe - She spoke loud, "He's in bed with our enemy." Badmus looked up, his eyes automatically locked to her lips as she spoke his truth, his brain processed too much information at the same time, "How did she find out? What would Andrew do to me? What would Akin do to me?" His eyes locked up to Andrew's, they were without the joy they held moments ago.

Andrew thought of the best way to handle this matter of in-house assailant, the second in two weeks,, Akin was proving more resilient than he ever gave him credit for. It took the wisdom of Mr. Sanni that they publicize the inhumane brutal punishment melted to the last snitch caught working undercover for Team Akin to serve as a public deterrent to other junior staffs who toyed with the idea of betraying the firm even though it was a false report. But Andrew wondered loud, "How best is the way to punish an erring emerging Director for the same offense?" He arose and started to walk towards Badmus who already had the fear of God in him from thinking of the many ways he could be dealt with by both parties he had failed.

Patricia called in security, "It always has to start with the firm's security," Badmus thought, he walked slowly backwards through the open door of the unfamiliar terrain of the balcony of this particular hall, he made continuous gestures of apologies to Andrew to stop on his bold and fast encroaching steps. Andrew pressed on still, though he didn't know what he would do when he finally caught up with this man caught in the tussle between he and Akin for power, he hoped the security men came in faster than he had to throw the young man throw the balcony railings as his mind was really telling him to do.

Badmus looked over Andrew's shoulder and saw the three hefty men of security, he had accepted his fate and had come to terms with surrendering. Andrew held his hand and said something audible only to their hearings. Badmus clenched his eyes, they allowed the hoarded tears flow freely from both sides. The security officers stood at the entrance to the balcony, one on the passage way and the other two on both sides of the door's frame, Andrew turned to walk inside to allow them do their job. The officer in the middle immediately ran almost through him with his right hand stretched out, Andrew felt a sharp pain on his left should because of the force of impact. He turned to understand the reason for their collision but couldn't see Badmus anymore. The women in the hall started shouting "Jesus!" Like the typical Nigerians they were. He wanted to observe properly what had happened through the railings but the other two officers wouldn't let the CEO risk his life standing on an unstable structure longer than he had to.

"Hey beautiful."

Anna slowly flayed her silky hair backward, she had missed his voice and times like this when he addressed her as a stranger she strangely felt turned on. She gently trickled her left hand up the heavily paned glass while she used her right to hold on to the telephone lest she wasted her fifteen minutes on mere body language like they did the last time. Mark matched his right hand to her waiting left, he could still mentally feel the warmth of her hand through the glass demarcation, just as he remembered them from their time at that uncompleted floor in the firm - That was one of the best days of his life because it gave him his best sex till date, something he didn't get a lot of. He had lost hope in her coming to see him today because it was almost past visiting hours, but she always proved to be resourceful when necessary, one of the reasons he had been toying with the idea of putting a necessary tiny cuff on her needy finger once he got out of here, she was the only woman to have ever made him feel the need to do so.

"Five minutes more," The warden on duty called out to all the VIPs using the communication services at the eleventh hour, the reminder always did more harm than good to Anna because it was always a reminder that the time of their lives wasn't theirs to control any more than they could unless a miracle happened. "Anna," Mark called her name with the soothing voice she loved to hear everyday she visited him, she didn't mind him being sexy behind bars as long as it was for her alone. Her resilience to love him despite his predicament caused him to constantly review what life truly meant and what was worth dying for in this world full of evil.

"Anna," he gently called again, he had her attention this time, she wanted to listen to him now, every moment with him needed to count till they had the control of their lives back to themselves. The line went dead, "Time up!" The warden called again. "Take more cash," Anna pleaded, but the corrupt warden had his personal codes of conduct which he adhered to, time was truly up for every activity concerning the outside world inside the prison cell. Anna watched as her man and other inmates were lined up in an orderly fashion before being matched back into their dormitories. Silent 'I love you' were exchanged, one for the other audible only to him and her self on both sides of the hall, till he was out of eye shot she didn't wipe the building tear in the corner of her eye, he also couldn't reply his dorm mate's bugging need for an update today for fear that his voice would waiver because it was laden with emotions.

Andrew stretched his hand to locate his phone which provided the only lightening in the room because of its beeping, it was his Mother's, evident from the app that announced a caller's name. He couldn't miss the call even if he wanted to.

"Mother," He called out with a questionable joy filled sound. She loved the sound of her title from his lips, thankfully he had mastered the art of pronouncing it delicately just as she wanted, but that wasn't enough to spare him from her vex of not calling her for the past two weeks. He apologized thoroughly and blamed the many dramas on his side for his poor rating on the side of child to mother care, he used the opportunity to intimate her on the big event of the day - Badmus. She wasn't really concerned, his death did not serve nor deter their purpose as she reminded him, she urged him to remain focus on the big picture, "The big picture," she reiterated to certify her words had sunk in.

Andrew knew better than to start or sustain any form of argument with Mother, same reason he didn't persist to resist when she insisted on bringing him chocolates from Atlanta upon her arrival. He understood her well to a reasonable extent, and bid her a safe flight. He sat upright and pulled the phone away from his ear to observe how long their call took, the backlight from the classy device shone on his bare chest, he momentarily observed his chest hair were overdue for a wax - He rarely let them attain their present level of growth before he became The CEO, "That's how little things lose their meaning when one attains a bigger position," he consoled himself. He turned on the room lightening from the switch specially fitted on his favourite side of the bed, and there was light in the former dark arena. The light shone against his fully bared skin and he recognized the need to also clean the bushy area of his dongle.

"Who was that?" The question from the soft voice at his back made him remember he still had a roommate from last night. He looked up the wall clock and observed it was the early hours of the morning. He turned to her and pulled her closer to him, his sexual prowess was always one of the things he could count on to never disappoint him. He strolled down his index and middle right fingers to her honey pot, but they were cut off midway to their destination of flowers by the flower girl, she had had her fill of his way with her, he never told her things but always wanted her to listen to him whenever he spoke vane with her, making her listen to how awesome he was and how much money he now had. Her reason for cutting his expectation made him laugh, "That was Cruella," he finally told her, putting away his laughter. She couldn't understand, and still couldn't understand why he'd be referring to his birth mother as Cruella when he finally spelled it all out to her in plain words. Andrew wondered how a girl as dull as this could have a honey pot as enticing to hold him spell bound for the past two weeks, "The world is indeed full of wonders and mysteries," he thought, if she thought herself too important and her honey pot too irresistible, then he Andrew would let her understand that nobody was truly indispensable, especially when such a person had dealings with him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by bibijay123(f): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
I knew this Andrew was a bad dude....weldone Talius.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kikayboss(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
mark is ma guy....Andrew nw badguy.....and please let Andrew send me DAT dumb girl with the sweet honeypot's nomba..... #in korede bello's voice *its cold outside ooo*

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
bibijay123:
I knew this Andrew was a bad dude....weldone Talius.

Thanks dear. I think I've got a prophet in you.

kikayboss:
mark is ma guy....Andrew nw badguy.....and please let Andrew send me DAT dumb girl with the sweet honeypot's nomba..... #in korede bello's voice *its cold outside ooo*

LOL. What if she doesn't have a phone?
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Missmossy(f): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
Full of suspense as usual cheesy thumbs up Talius.

3 Likes

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
Missmossy:
Full of suspense as usual cheesy thumbs up Talius.

I'm all smiles. Thanks dear.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by kikayboss(m): 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
Talius:

Thanks dear. I think I've got a prophet in you.

LOL. What if she doesn't have a phone?
okay....d babes address....I'll go play away match...

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
E2

He stared - It rained cat and dog the day before, and same was happening today. The emergence of the rainy season had that chill that pleasured most people up to the point of irritation - The rain messed up everything it touched down on, pretty ladies and old women alike, no one was exempted, and he knew this because he could always see their ordeals through the transparent demarcation from here to there. "Sorry ma," He found himself say because an elderly woman finally gave up her superiority to the slippery floor of the mall's entrance, close to where his own stall was; it was caused by the influx of watered footprints by people who ran into the mall for shelter against the rain.

"Let's help you to your feet ma," A sweet voice soothed the elder's ear from behind. The voice gave her credence that her fall was not entirely mocked by the people on the mall made up mostly of young people, "perhaps there's still hope for this generations," She thought. She thanked her helper by addressing her as "My darling." The elder stood up to tell those who didn't see her fall that she was a tall and proud woman with her fit body type. She hurriedly called back her helper who was already walking away after certifying her OK. She found out her name, Anna. Anna asked after hers out of courtesy, her mind was split between the heavy rain and meeting up with the visiting hour to see Mark today that it took a light tap for her to hear the elder reiterate her name, "I said Jasmine."

Anna could tell the woman wasn't from around here, her approach to certain frivolous life issues as evident from the moment she fell to some other little body languages she gave - A born and bred Nigerian of her age most certainly would behave differently - She also learnt from the easily trusting woman that she was here to get chocolates for her child, to pacify him for her absence. She was certain her son missed her, but children will always be children when a parent came back empty-handed. The mention of a child made Anna's throat choke a bit out of thirst, the memories of the last few weeks crept back up to her heart.

"Mr CEO sir!"

Andrew was tired of hearing that title repeated, he had pictured gruesome ways to take out whoever used the term sarcastically on him, especially when he was not in the mood, just like now. But he couldn't play it out, not when his friends heralding his arrival were the ones making the joke. Patrick and Huey teased him again, the look on his face whenever they said, "CEO," was priceless and they expressed hope if they could capture him on tape which he expressly rejected.

The weather was chilling, too chilling that their thick layers of suit fabric couldn't save them completely from, they delighted in the company of each other and a bottle of whiskey already drunk to half to keep their body systems warm and properly running. It was time to discuss business now. Patrick gave the intro, he and Huey had recovered every Kobo Mark and Akin were suspected of diverting during the first Crescent Housing case, Huey gave Andrew a pat on his shoulder and said, "More money for your firm," all men laughed and Patrick continued to speak up till his wife interrupted with a call - He joyfully picked the call and excused himself to discuss properly and in confidentiality outside, both men remaining cheered him out the door.

"What now?" Huey asked, both men had drank the whiskey half of what it was since Patrick had been on the call, waiting for him was cold and frustrating that Huey had to ask Andrew the question he planned would have been in a better setting.

Andrew took a second look at Huey and sipped from his glass for the third time before giving a reply, "I don't know." Huey wanted him to leave the firm just as he himself planned to do, this he told him three nights ago, but he assumed it to be because they were drunk, Hot, and on a stiff bachelors competition of who'd get the hottest babe at The Bar.

Huey's reasons were for his friend to properly secure his future - If he wanted a future here at Akin Chambers, then he must be prepared to fight dirtier than he'd already done, and from what he could see, his friend was getting tired of fighting. "Back out now that the going is still rosy," were his final words. Andrew would have none of it, he would not be a CEO of just two months, he had to make an impact, he had to prove he was worth all the years of plotting and scheming just to arrive here, he had to prove it to himself.

Andrew walked back to his office, so absorbed in his thoughts about the conversation he just had with Huey that he couldn't hear Agnes call out for him repeatedly, she entered his office after a little while after he was seated. He smiled when he finally noticed her presence and wanted to know what she wanted after she had inquired about his whereabouts on this rainy day.

Agnes had been a single mother for as long as her children could remember, because of a variety of reasons but all settling to the fact that she couldn't find a suitable man to date that accepted her for who she was, a single mother. That was until Marcus came into her life. Marcus was recommended to her by Beatrice. An online fling soon turned physical and later became serious. She was considering marriage with him because he achieved what no man asides Andrew had ever, to love her children unconditionally. But she needed Andrew's approval first before she could say yes to his proposal; Andrew needed to certify him before she continued putting more of her heart into their relationship. Andrew was the father her children never had, and a husband she could never touch, he was the one man that had always been there for her for as long as she could remember, that was why she so valued his opinion in this matters. If Andrew didn't approve Marcus, who was she to disagree.

"Meet who?" Andrew asked. Agnes smiled and threatened to feed him his own balls if he didn't stop playing jokes, they both laughed. He promised to come by her home the coming weekend, particularly because he missed her children, and not some guy he felt wanted to steal her from him.

"Andrew!"

A lady, tall, dark, looked like one in her forties called out for him, her call interrupted Agnes's attempt to thank Andrew in advance for his proposed visit and she didn't find it funny. Agnes and Andrew turned the same time to view the intruder. Andrew couldn't believe his eye, it was Ms. Ramon.

Ms. Ramon's an old acquaintance of Andrew, and she could tell that her presence was unexpected. She was one who loved to make an entrance statement, and she achieved that now. Andrew was still heavily dumbfounded by her presence, his silence and stillness gave her cold shivers that she momentarily exchanged glances with Agnes, but on seeing that her eye chats weren't welcomed, she ignore her instead. Agnes left them office, and that was when Andrew was finally able to speak. They had a lot to catch up on. They walked out together oblivious to the frown Agnes still had worn even as they passed her amidst their quiet chats and laughter.

Agnes trailed them with her sight till they were cut off by the path to the East. All she knew about this lady in Andrew's life was her first name, "Ramon," she repeated to be sure she still remembered it, she wondered why Andrew had never mentioned her all the years she had been with him, she knew almost all his major contacts, the way they familiarized told her Andrew knew her too well. Her senses were sending her into frenzy, something smelt fishy about Ramon and she was going to find out what it was.

Patrick approached from the West of Agnes's position, and caught her unaware which she didn't take lightly, the anger accumulated in her because of Ramon's appearance was transferred to Patrick who wanted to just enquire Andrew's current position. The manner of reply she gave him cause him to be worried that she hadn't forgiven him about all the issues he had with Anna before 'The Great Overhaul.' The Great Overhaul was the term many used to refer to the change of power from Akim to Andrew, he was a changed person and Agnes needed to see it. He still needed to ask the favor for which he was here, he needed someone to represent him at The Barrister's symposium scheduled for next weekend, it was clashing with his Wedding Anniversary week and he needed to make up for the many lost anniversaries with his woman.

Agnes let her anger quickly subside the moment she realised his request was for his marital bliss, such matters made her quiver with joyous envy, even on her darkest day. She agreed to his suggestion to get Mr. Sanni to step in for him at Abuja for the event.

"You have him wrapped around your fingers," Patrick complimented her resolve to get things all things done on behalf of Andrew without fear that he'd revoke her judgement. Agnes pretended to want to chase him just to dwell in the self gratification of watching him run.

The emerging sunshine after the heavy rainfall of the morning made the open air of The Bar even more enjoyable. The rays that hit the Ray Ban's sunglass Ms. Ramon wore reflected into Andrew's eyes and they made him appreciate her beauty more than he could while they were at the Firm's building complex. It was as though her heart beat was in sync with the soft tune emanating from the music speakers installed as substitute for the night life band The Bar was well known for, he admired he visible assets: her massively exposed cleavage popped out even more with each heartbeat, a sight he was already accustomed to.

Ms. Ramon noticed his helpless stare at her well exposed chest, they produced the effect she hoped they still would on him. She spoke to break the continuous awkward silence and stare. "I missed you," she held hope that her words still held much sway on him after more than five years apart. She stretched forth her right hand over the table to connect with his and bridge the physical gap between them.

Andrew had a lot running through his mind, he could see her hand calling out for his but he couldn't bring himself to stretch out to her, he withdrew his hand further than it already was. Five years ago he'd be joyful at any opportunity to spend time with her, she was his muse and his only source of pleasure then, but all those had changed, he had to grow up and face reality after she left.

Recognizing his reluctance to open up his all to her, she had to relegate their discussions to matters that didn't prey on their emotional weaknesses for each other. He asked how she got to know so fast about his new status. She told him South Africa isn't too far from Nigeria to know what happens around here. "I've always believed in you Andrew," she said, she was one of the few people who knew about his plan before it even became a plan, they had history even though the Andrew she remembered wasn't entirely the one she was seeing now, she loved him still.

Andrew admired her again for the umpteenth time, she was still the way he remembered: plumpy and dark skinned to match her tall height, her lips, eyes and mild make up combined with her always exposed killer cleavage made her appear younger as her years went down, he thought she looked younger than most girls Anna's age. He suddenly realised he missed her too, it scared him a bit. His stiff reception tuned down, he apologized for not inviting her over after conquering the Firm just as he promised to do. He offered her a job as an external Director with an office close to his if she so desired to stay close to him at work. She didn't hesitate, what could he do to make her stop loving him as a son as she had always done all these years.

"Where is she?" Andrew was more concerned about his mother than Beatrice who was gossiping with Agnes at Agnes's stand. "Inside," Agnes replied. Beatrice flashed him a smile for confidence, she wasted no time inquiring from Agnes what his display of anxiety was about when he was out of sight.

Andrew's uncertainties about the upcoming interaction between mother and son vanished the moment he closed the door behind him, his mother stood up from his upholstered seat to greet him with open arms and a smile, his worries fled him at as he basked in the euphoria of that moment. She led him to the couch positioned west of the door, and beckoned him to seat comfortably before she sat as well. They had a lot to discuss.

Mother made him laugh a lot, she made his anxiety disappear, he rejoiced in the comfort her presence afforded him, a presence he feared he was growing out of. It had been three years since he had anything normal with her, a part of him longed for the breakfasts, happy times, and sweet memories mothers and sons made, but he quickly reminded himself he was wallowing too much in fantasy, probably the effect of having two mother figures back in his life at the same time. This mother was all for business. He scoffed.

"Don't do that boy!". Mother's stern voice called him back to reality, he couldn't tell if she reprimanded him because he was absent minded or because he scoffed while she was still speaking, the look of irritation she wore on her face reminded him just who this was - The Margaret Thatcher of his life - He apologized for his wrong action which ever one she was more concerned about.

Mother looked at him, her head was split between options on how to proceed, the most logical most times wasn't the most pleasant. The corner of her eye caught the unbranded paper bag inside her Hermes hand bag, she reached for it, a smile cracked the hard face she once had worn when she offered its content to her child, "Here's your chocolate," she said.

Andrew forced a smile to stick to his face as he collected the bag, he thought he told her not to bother, "Mother!" He thought his own in particular was more notorious in what made mothers to be dreaded, he didn't let that thought stop him from completing his thank you sentence.

The door silently came ajar, mother and son turned towards it, Anna walked in, she wanted to discuss Mark's case with Andrew but excused herself immediately she realised he had company. Agnes would have told her he was busy if she was at her stand, but she usually never is.

"Anna!" Mother gently called to stop her from moving out completely. Anna turned and took a good look at the woman. Andrew looked confused, he wondered how they'd know each other, the universe knew how to complicate already complicated matters he thought, soon Mother would like Anna and would want him to settle down with her like most mothers would want for their thirty two years old bachelor son. Anna moved closer to observe the elder woman's face, she wondered if she needed glasses to aid her sight now they were obviously getting worse, it then came to her, "From the mall!" She yelled in excitement.

Andrew was keen on understanding how they met at the mall since Mother just came back from Atlanta today. Mother made sure Anna never had the chance to divulge much info to him. Anna could notice the package Andrew had been brandishing since she walked in, it looked like the box of chocolate Mother got at the mall.

Ramon sipped quietly from her glass, the evening breeze in Lagos felt differently on her skin than they did in South Africa, she wondered if it was because she had stayed away from this home for too long. She felt the wind press harder against her cleavage skin, she toyed with the idea of dressing more conserved now she was in the city where things happened.

"Hello pretty lady," The fifth man to check her out since Andrew had to run out greeted, she wasn't interested but she looked up out of courtesy as her nature commanded. She looked away as fast as she registered his face. He wanted to know why she'd be drinking alone when a man like him wouldn't mind keeping her company. She thanked him and stood to leave, but he wouldn't let her, "For how long Ramon?" He enquired. She called him Malik and pushed him away with all the force she could muster, their mini scuffle attracted the attention of the few people there, intervention from some young men there gave her the perfect opportunity to escape him.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Shakyroh320(f): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Nyz story u got here,kip it up

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Shakyroh320:
Nyz story u got here,kip it up
Thank you my dear. I appreciate.
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2016
Cracked Sources Book one is available on OkadaBooks for only N50 smiley Help the ministry, recommend the book to a friend, spread the news. wink

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/cracked_sources_book_one/11729

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
E3

The conference room was unusually filled for the today's meeting. Many Directors were fond of sending a representative whenever impromptu meetings were called for, but today they appeared to have made a pact to show up, and on time. Andrew felt it was because of the extra eyes the public had on them after Badmus's suicide (as the police ruled it); all major Directors, shareholders, and senior staffs (save for Mr. Sanni who had travelled for the Barrister's symposium) were all present, they anticipated Andrew's arrival with anger as he was thirty minutes behind schedule, Patrick's continuous heralding of his coming did little to cool their vex. Mr. Wale, the Director of welfare seemed to have the loudest opinion, he went as far as calling for the immediate suspension and probe-to-sack of The CEO, citing disregard for public power and disregard for human comfort as his bases for argument. All their noise and agitations went almost extinct the moment Andrew entered. The reverberating echoes of "Good morning" made it impossible for the wailers such as Mr. Wale to be heard anymore, and soon everyone settled down for the discuss of the day.

As the meeting progressed Andrew noticed the hall was unusually full and littered with some unfamiliar faces comfortably seated with the regulars. Amongst the many one man stood out. He had it in for Andrew start from the moment the meeting commenced; he spoke with a confidence not bought easily from the common market. Andrew had to single him out for an introduction.

"I'm Mr. Malik of Pierce chambers and consults," the man said, he used his body weight to push the seat he was gracing backwards to allow his swing to the left and right more show of confidence. He spoke loud to the clear hearing of everyone present, he was here to protect the interest of Mr. Akin and his son just as the High court ruled in their favour this morning - No kobo from Akin's percentage of the company's share was to be used in any form without the expressed permission of Malik and written permission of Akin.

Ramon looked keenly at the exchange between Andrew and Malik. She found herself continuously hissing each passing moment Andrew didn't cause a scene. She wondered if the court documents Malik presented to Andrew were authentic as he claimed them to be. As Malik went back to his seat she realised she could be spending more time than anyone would have thought with him. He flashed her a smile, she hissed again.

Ramon picked on Andrew the moment he came through the conference room's exit, the minute sign of fright on his face caused her to laugh: She could make do with a little fright, it reminded her he was still human and not invisible even with all he'd been able to accomplish. They walked side by side to his office, talking and laughing made the journey longer than it should have been, but the many things they had to say to one other took precedence over any inconvenience the added distance should cause. She sat on his desk and beckoned him to "Come to mama," he obeyed. He stood in between the firm grasp of her legs without complaint. Though his left leg had begun to quake, he wasn't one to quit anymore, she taught him that. He suddenly saw the significance of the moment they were having, and wanted to celebrate. He asked to be permitted to break formation, and soon returned with a large bottle branded Brut-rose 'Armand de Brignac Midas' - one of the world's most expensive drinks - it was perfect for the occasion. Ramon leaped for joy: Beautifully crafted bottles were her specialty and she was glad Andrew still remembered, he offered one with an incredibly expensive content and she couldn't love him more, and refused to be daunted with her conscience that the drink could have been for someone or something else, she was the owner of this trophy.

"I won't waste this on you," she promised and planted a light kiss on his lips, Andrew's throat spasmed in anticipation of more but she shied away from the thought, at least for the moment. She killed his joy by bringing up Akin, he was on to them and she wanted to remind him, Malik showing up today at the meeting confirmed the suspicion she had the moment she met him at The Bar.

Andrew totally broke formation to go sit on his Throne, that way he wouldn't have to see her face as she mentions Akin's name repeatedly in her quest to guess what his deal was with the good looking Lawyer from Pierce. He looked up when Ramon turned to him, her boobs literally popping out of their cages. He didn't hear her clearly but he knew she said something important from the way his face automatically responded to hers. He listened better and heard her repeat, Malik was her ex-husband. According to her, they were married for a while, this was when she was eighteen, but she left him when she realised he loved the marriage and his law career more than he loved her and her chosen career at that time. "I was young and naive," she said, it took her a divorce to see that Law and a life of scheming and lies were her destiny too, but it was all in the past now something she was certain Akin hadn't fully realised when he selected Malik to breed distrust as a distraction between her and Andrew. She trusted Andrew enough to let him in on this secret, as long as he willed they'd be good enough to fight Malik and Akin together.

Andrew had heard enough theories, he was still ON. He dragged her from her current position on the desk to the other side where he sat, he carried her and placed her on the desk, almost like the way they were positioned when they had arrived the office, the only difference was that he was in charge of this formation. He ravaged her lips and her popped out boobs, her unique dark silky arms, her appetizing thighs, practically every opened avenue on her perfect body. He passed his hands through the side of her waist to her back to lift her dress up to gain easier access to her wonder land, he almost achieved his aim save for his unlocked door that saw Agnes walk in through it.

Agnes handled this one better than she did that with Anna, after that day she promised herself to be prepared for whatever she saw Andrew do in the comfort of his office. She stood long enough for Andrew to realise that whatever brought her was important, he was forced to stop and help cover Ramon up. Ramon's intrusion when she told him his mother urgently requested his presence did nothing to please her, she found it irritating that her fellow woman felt no shame after been caught trying to dig it out in an office, private or not; she refused to dignify her intrusion with a reply,

Mark kept his gaze fixed on Anna, he feared a change in the mind of the prison orderly who made this moment possible. Soon the orderly was done and spoke with a soft voice, he assured them a thirty minutes window, after which he couldn't guarantee their privacy or what would happen if anyone ran into them. His offering was good enough, they'd make do with the little time fifty thousand naira could buy them within these walls. The orderly cut himself a large chunk of Mark's birthday cake, his added year celebration was the reason he and Anna went the extra mile to get themselves secluded, to have him in a foreign attire, to have a semblance of the outside world he was missing. Mark pushed aside the enticing cake that demarcated them, eating a cake was the last thing on his mind when he could exchange the providence he had been offered to eat his girl.

Anna played along, though unequipped, she wasn't unprepared, deep down her mind she always knew this would happen; it was something they both had longed for during her numerous visits and now it was going to finally happen. She could gauge Mark's enthusiasm as he started to strip, she wondered why hers didn't measure up, difficult to imagine that a freak like her could stay away from intimacy for close to two months, because the man she wanted it with was behind bars.

Mark enthusiasm continued to grow, he looked like one eager to check a to-do list of weird places to get nasty, his pants were all he needed off to get this train moving. He quickly placed Anna's back on top the rickety table that once held his birthday cake, he was ready to mount her like the ravaging dog he felt like, but held back momentarily to gasp for breath. In the process of stimulating her, Anna flung her 100% cotton Victoria Secret pantie which she held in her hand at his nose, the pleasant choking but unexpected odour caused him to shout in surprise, his voice brought her back to consciousness, and her apology allowed him to proceed with his desired pump action.

The door flew open, and Andrew immediately turned, it was Mother tired of waiting for him to come to her so she came to him, she was fuming in anger, all Agnes could do was watch from the distance of her office space till Mother slammed the door on her view. Andrew's claim of being busy added to the angery she held when she found out he was trying to get her another accommodation, he was displaying insubordination and she wasn't finding it funny.

The bolt in Andrew's throat tightened, all he could see were sparks flying out from Mother's mouth as she spake, it was as though she breaths fire. Though he had been avoiding her since she arrived Nigeria which was made more difficult by the fact that they lived in the same house, it was still out of his sincere heart for her improved comfort that he wanted to get a place for her to call hers since it seemed she was going to be in the country for a long time.

"Liar!" Mother shouted, she wasn't buying his explanation. She resisted his attempt to calm her down. He called her Ma, and she dished him two resounding slaps, he wasn't going to take her for a ride not after everything she had to do to get both of them here. She wanted to be a Director in the firm, and she used this occasion to remind him, she even went as far as threatening Anna's safety should he try to resist or get rid of her again.

"Andrew! Andrew!" Agnes repeated as she rushed in after Mother left. She looked around but couldn't find him anywhere, little fear gripped her but she gripped firmer onto courage and walked about till she settled close to his desk, she rested her weight a little on it to gain support as she look round the large office for him. A hand grabbed her leg suddenly, she yelled in shock, "Jesus!" She summoned enough courage to pronounce, and kicked hard against the hand which immediately recoiled into the darkness of beneath the table.

Kindly drop your comments, they help and are appreciated. Be more than a ghost reader. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Essyprity(f): 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
Good story but a little disorganized.

1 Like

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
E4

"I thought I told you not to come?"

Patricia ignored Anna's question and kept walking deeper into the house. Anna had no choice but to run after the friend she hadn't seen in a while, she tried wrapping her on round the possibiloty that Patricia wasn't really here to check up on but to deplete her food supply evident from the way she was ransacking her refrigerator.

"What?" Patricia gave her the look. "What?" Anna asked back with joking eyes, she wasn't in the mood to play but Patricia was forcing out the play in her. She jammed the door of the refrigerator and rested her back on it. In all sincerity she knew Patricia was here out of concern for her well being, she hadn't been committed to her work since Mark went behind bars, she understood she still had a job at the firm because she used to date Andrew and no one would dare incur his wrath by processing her sack: but she didn't care, she'll still choose Mark over Andrew anytime, any day. "I had sex with Mark," she finally confessed what troubled her mind. Patricia feigned shock with her words, but her expression showed she was more intrigued than shocked, she wanted details on how Anna was able to pull it off with her man behind bars. "You promise not to spill," Anna pleaded, the confession began to flow.

Save for the grace of God, Agnes would have been down with cardiac arrest by now; the hand that held her leg gave her faint heart the greatest fright it had ever encountered. She kicked hard and strong, and ran out the door as the hand recoiled. After two minutes and no expected noise she opened the door again, and tiptoed round the desk. She bent down from a distance to get a view of her assailant and fell backward when the figure turned to face her, it bore Andrew's face but not his confidence, it was shaken and terribly filled with fear.

Agnes hurried back from the dispensary, and locked the door behind her just as she did on her way out - No one was going to see Andrew this way. She quickly fed him the drug from the pack bearing the tag 'Agoraphobia' on it. "What has she done to you this time?" She asked him with concern written all over her voice. She wondered for how long he'd keep paying the price of being Jasmine's son. She cuddled him for the entire while it took the drug to kick into his system to suppress his condition without saying much. She asked him when he began to feel like himself again, "why would you let her keep doing this to you?" She made reference to all the years of pain he'd been enduring, but he wasn't fazed, he felt better now and that was all that mattered.

"Hello!" Beatrice voice called from the intercom at Agnes's post. They quickly adjusted the room and cleared everywhere to hide all signs of distress before Agnes unlocked the door to let her in. They exchanged light pleasantries at the door, they knew when to catch up. Agnes hid her worries for Andrew perfectly with a smile as Beatrice closed the door behind her.

"Are you alright?" Beatrice asked. Andrew looked up from his chair, he wondered if Beatrice could see into him, but alas it was just a routine question, his recent secret was safe. She needed a favour, but he needed to get laid, it had always proven powerful in tackling his condition. He couldn't let her speak any further lest what she had to ask trigger his wrath.

His hands were running through her bare-back, all through her spine as he drove into her barebacked. She quibbled at his non passionate cum aggressive act of love making, he was non passionately driving her insane, and she rejoiced when he came.

After they dressed she had to remind him the reason she was here, "A favour you say,' he said the second time. Beatrice wanted a transfer from Mr. Sanni's to work directly under Andrew, for reasons best known to her. Andrew had the last word, "No." She argued, but couldn't provide tangible reason for wanting the said transfer especially as Mr. Sanni treated her as his own daughter, it would break his heart when he returned and didn't find her working for his team again. Beatrice stormed out of his office, she couldn't believe she had ached her private part again for nothing.

"Mother!"

Andrew called from outside his home, his eyes lifted up to catch her on the balcony. She finally surfaced. He wanted to apologize for his behaviour at the office earlier today, he claimed it was disrespectful of him and was totally unintentional. She didn't care, all she wanted was he requests granted, she wanted to be made a Director of the firm as soon as possible, according to her that would start as payment for the many sacrifices she had given on his behalf, including getting married to a man she termed, "A white fool." She turned her back and went inside, leaving him to his own thoughts.

He killed the engine. He couldn't sleep in his home tonight especially not after Mother had clearly showed him he wasn't welcomed, as punishment for his recent bad behaviour. He walked up to the door and reached for the bell, the door opened before he could use it, he pressed it still. Ramon laughed. "Still playing like a five years old," she said to him and welcomed him inside.

Andrew looked around and gave a nod of acceptance: Ever since he had known her, Ramon always had a knack for beautiful and well decorated enviroments, he couldn't hide his appreciation over her apartment and even pleaded that she come rub off her touch on his own. She chuckled. She was surprised to get his message saying he was coming over this late, she didn't want to pry on the inner happenings of his life he wasn't ready to share with her yet, but she couldn't hide her displeasure either that his Mother was back and she was the last to know. She didn't mince her words, she wanted to become a name partner in the firm as at when he completed the name changing process she found out he had been planning. He surprisingly agreed, she thought maybe it was because he wanted to hit her jackpot and this discussion was the only thing standing in his way.

Andrew loosened the knot of his tie, his buttons followed soon save for the last - Ramon yanked it off. She wanted him as much as he wanted her - Her pajama fell to the floor, her sexy dark legs revealed themselves. Andrew's entire clothing fell away by the magic of her hands, and soon she was above him about to ride. The tense feeling was killing him, she kept him under her spell with the power of anticipation. He wanted to pull her down and collect the pure manna he was been teased with, but he knew better than to force momma to feed him before it was time for dinner.

"Andrew-Ramon Chambers," she said. He reiterated on her behalf, the proposed name for the firm sounded pleasant to both their ears. She finally released herself onto him - The manna gave him joy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
Essyprity:
Good story but a little disorganized.

Sorry for the perceived disorganization. I suggest you take time off and go through it again, probably it'll make more sense to you a second reading. Cheers!
Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2016
E5

The Grandfather's time piece in the home rang a new hour. "7 A.M,” Andrew guessed as he opened the door, judging from the last time he checked while driving that was the next hour. Last night was awesome, it reminded why he appreciated Ramon for coming into his life when she did. "Uhn-uhn,” Mother cleared her throat to draw his attention to where she sat.

Andrew immediately wore a numb look, he tried to devoid his face from any translatable emotion. "Look at me!" Mother commanded with her stern voice; he kept her worried by not sleeping in last night. "I was at a friend's,” Andrew tried to quell her worry, not sure if it was because he wanted to avoid receiving another slap or because he feared what next she could do if he provoked her. Mother smiled. She opened her arms, and like a magnet Andrew was attracted to them for a hug. He concentrated his attention on the large flower pot behind her, rather than listening to her remuneration of her un-existing love for him and total concern for his well-being. "Why does she always have to mention her sacrifices?" The naughty part of his conscience asked the other - He named them Drew and Andy, after himself because they were part of who he was.

Mother broke the embrace. "I said I want to meet Anna,” she rephrased her sentence perhaps the first one sounded threatening, she was trying to mend fences not damage more. Andrew wasn't playing along and it started to piss her off, though she held it better in control her expression had begun to betray her wish as always. "I'll make it happen,” Andrew spoke. She found herself smile as she looked forward to meeting Anna - The intriguing Anna.

Mr. Malik strolled into the conference room even though he was late. He had in his hands more files than any single briefcase could contain.

The Moderator of the today's meeting before Andrew arrived, continued in his stead, “Proceed," he said to Malik.

Malik took center stage. He announced he now controlled 40% of the firm's shares on behalf of Mr. Akin, making Akin the largest shareholder of the firm again, even after the momentary set back he had suffered. He urged the investors to see reasons why Akin was the best person to become CEO, the more reason they needed to vote wisely once the court cleared him of all charges pertaining to his son's case.

After urging Andrew twice to say something without success, Dimeji was the one to interrupt Malik, with Huey out of the firm and Patrick away on his wedding anniversary, this was his opportunity get closer to Andrew, to make meaningful contributions in support of the CEO.

"Caution Mr. Dimeji," The Moderator called him to order. Malik took his seat having finished addressing the house.

"Who's this young lady?" Andrew finally spoke, he made reference to the beautiful unknown lady sited quietly close to Dimeji. Dimeji stood to introduce her, “This is Imelda, my goddaughter,” he said. She was joining the firm on contract assignment of six months, and he expressed hope that her performance interests the firm enough to retain her as a permanent staff. He beckoned her to greet the house, she rose. Andrew found his inner self, Drew, drooling at the site of her heavy assets - Assets that made Ramon's artillery look like child's play.

Anna sipped her tea with caution. From the little information Andrew gave to her upon invitation, she didn't want to do anything to piss this Iron Lady. Every word Mother said made her smile even the ones that were not funny at all. She wanted to be done with the lunch before it even started. Worst off, Mother requested the venue be Andrew's home: Every inch of this place held recent memories, even the couch Mother sat on remainder her of her and Andrew's moments on it. She tried to focus her eyes on Mother's face, as difficult as that seemed.

"I thought you wouldn't come,” Mother’s words sounded passionate, as though she not showing up would have bugged her rather than anger her, thanks to Andrew she knew better than to fall for the articulate words of the elderly woman. Strangely, Anna found herself trusting every warning Andrew had given her prior to her arrival. "I have no reason to refuse you invitation Ma,” Anna’s time to talk arrived, she noticed her slip in the use of Ma instead of Mother, her host noticed it too.

Mother wore a frown, she didn't know if it was out of disgust for the used Ma Anna used to address her, or because the young lady had just lied to her. Mother asked if Anna would have still come if she knew she and Andrew used to date: That caught Anna unaware. Mother claimed to know a lot of things, even how she gained employment into the Law firm. Anna surrendered immediately, that was something she didn't want to have discussed, she agreed to the real awkwardness of the situation, and said she honoured the invitation out of respect to the sweet old lady she met at the mall that rainy day.

"You're a wonderful girl,” Mother remarked, she pointed that must be the reason why Andrew liked her. She wondered why they broke up, why Andrew left her. Anna's voice was shaken, her strength diminished by the resurfacing memory of how she started at Akin Chambers, “I broke up with him," she finally found the strength to say. Mother was stunned, Anna used the opportunity to gloat, she thought Mother knew everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) by Talius(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Today's my birthday family. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All That Glitters Are Not Gold / Beautiful Wings By Glowingscenes / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.