Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? (10151 Views)

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / Intel Vs Amd Which One Is The Best?? / Intel Vs Amd Which Do You Prefer and why. Cast Your Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2009
Intel vs AMD: The two giant companies known as computer micro processor(chipset) makers are thriving greatly thru pc manufacturers. At least every Harry and Tom in Nigeria is  desiring owning a laptop or a desktop pc among the many that already own one or more. What is your own opinion about Intel and AMD, their market values, and consumers respectively?
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by lekside44(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2009
it does not matter who the maker is as long as they are doing the job
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by rossoneri(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2009
I think both are ok and are doing very well, however some will argue that AMD laptops come with better graphics cards than INTEL laptops.

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
rossoneri:

I think both are ok and are doing very well, however some will argue that AMD laptops come with better graphics cards than INTEL laptops.

You're right. Many graphics designers and civil engineers go for AMD Athlon and Turion X64 series and some other few mere users say AMD hangs. AMD Semptron is compared with Intel Celeron, AMD Athlon is compared with Intel Dual Core, AMD Turion is compared with Intel Core Duo(2).

The market values; funny enough all the top manufacturers of desktop and laptop PCs use both(AMD & Intel) processors. I also observed that AMD is usually cheaper than Intel processors.

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by pcguru(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
Intel is far more expensive angry but AMD is really cool too! undecided
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by chidyke77(m): 12:51am On Aug 29, 2009
Both are d best.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2009
I've used both and they work pretty well anywhere. In fact AMD are most common in the US and UK. What the heck with some parading quack engineers here in the country who advice people against systems with AMD processors?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Seun(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2009
Currently, there's no competition. The best Intel processors are much better than the best AMD processors.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2009
Seun, do they have any climatic factors attached? Thanks.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Princeofilorin(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
one problem with AMD processors is they overheat far more than INTEL and consume much more battery. angry
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 31, 2009
Na so!!!
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 5:51am On Aug 31, 2009
The top manufacturers of computer systems use both processors(Intel and AMD) even the best of HP laptops like most HP Pavilion tx2 series(newest tablet pc) and Dell Studio/XPS laptops have AMD Turion Dual Core X2 64bit integrated and are grossly accepted worldwide. Both work pretty well and good but Intel leads in the overall performances.   
Their market values differs.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by lekside44(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2009
can anyone tells me which proccessor runs its ipod, or dvd player or phones? the truth is that we have been over washed by the marketing brand of intel. many of us grew up with the logo'sof intel inside. many will not consider buying a pc (including me) unless it is powered by intel proccessor. this is what happened in the early days of microcomputers when other microcomputer architectures lost the battle to ibm's architecture which happens to be a late commmer to the business (excpect for apple whichmaitains its own shares of the market). since ibm signed microsoft and intel, they rose up from been a mushroom company to a super giant as we see them now. at that time, the 1st dos by microsoft is not as powerfull as that from DRI. but today who rules the software worlds?
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by chidyke77(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2009
My first laptop was Amd bt am using intel nw. I cn say that both are good except d power consumption issue where i stil prefer intel.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by KINGUCHE19: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2009
seun, could you kindly look at this thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298954.99999.html#bot
I am getting really mad at this guy. do you know i had to do a presentation in an international conference, and googling aratext, brought out all the useless post this so called impostor is spreading all over the internet? and all the posts are on Nairaland.

This is an abuse. we both know who designed the platform. Am returning to naija tmr. Pls give me a number i can reach you or mail me asap.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 11:18am On Aug 31, 2009
KINGUCHE19:

seun, could you kindly look at this thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298954.99999.html#bot
I am getting really mad at this guy. do you know i had to do a presentation in an international conference, and googling aratext, brought out all the useless post this so called impostor is spreading all over the internet? and all the posts are on Nairaland.

This is an abuse. we both know who designed the platform. Am returning to naija tmr. Pls give me a number i can reach you or mail me asap.

Off topic; are you trying to tell us about your ownership of your said website or what? Try sort out your thing with whosoever in question.

Please do not mix up things here as we're discussing something quite different titled "Intel Vs Amd; What's Your Opinion?"

Good luck!
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by xteli(m): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
Amd vs intel.
In d past,intel processors dominated d I.T. market until d advent of d former.despite d new development,intel processors are voted as d best due2climatic conditions.
Amd processors were fitted4cold weather dats why its rampant overseas.why?u may ask,is because it generates a lot of heat.infact,after using my laptop,a kettle of water wil boil faster on my laps dan wen keresene stove is used.lol.so wen it heats&not cooled immediately,it hangs.dats why we experience d hanging wahala here in naija.on the other hand,intel processors were invented2strive in any weather condition.so fellow nairalanders,no long thing.hope say i no too talk.

2 Likes

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hubreality(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2009
xteli:

Amd vs intel.
In d past,intel processors dominated d I.T. market until d advent of d former.despite d new development,intel processors are voted as d best due2climatic conditions.
Amd processors were fitted4cold weather dats why its rampant overseas.why?u may ask,is because it generates a lot of heat.infact,after using my laptop,a kettle of water wil boil faster on my laps dan wen keresene stove is used.lol.so wen it heats¬ cooled immediately,it hangs.dats why we experience d hanging wahala here in naija.on the other hand,intel processors were invented2strive in any weather condition.so fellow nairalanders,no long thing.hope say i no too talk.

Could it be the reasons for it being much cheaper? I did never experience that heat of an oven of my Turion X2 Dual Core lapi, though Intel leads generally.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Delta007(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2009
Intels are better, obviously.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by rosi4uall(f): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
well in terms of processor power and speed, the AMD processor is far better than the intel processor. this is because the AMD has a faster clock speed which can process more infos faster; this is good for your gaming and 3d softwares and applications. an AMD processor with 1.75ghz speed is equivalent to an intel processor with 2.5ghz processor. for more info call: 08039407691

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by lekanfayz: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2009
me think when it comes to processing speed and cache memory, AMD processors are better, this explains the use of these processors as hybrid servers, however when it comes to localization advantage, it is known that intel is better adapted for the tropics, than intel.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by samir101ng(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2009
I would say Intel because they obviously cared enough to even setup an office in v.i, lagos for nigerian market. Have u seen any amd representative in nigeria ?
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Oxone(m): 2:22am On Sep 03, 2009
I would say Intel cos AMD has heat Management isssues
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by naijafan(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2009
I would say Intel cos they currently have the best desktop processors in the market. Someone google Intel Core i7 wink
AMD is yet to come up with a competing processor to that beast in chip form.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by blackweaver(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
i believe intel is probably better; however you're more likely to
get a cpu that supports virtualisation if you go for amd
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by chidibrown(m): 5:44am On Oct 02, 2009
D drivers for Amd are difficult 2 find.So I prefer intels.
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hansibone(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2009
Both processors are good, but they both have advantages and disadvantages.

an AMD processor is faster than an INTEL processor of the same speed, that is why it is used for gaming and graphic designing, but the stupid thig about it is that it has localization issues(HEAT MANAGEMENT) it is suitable only for cold climatic regions, and burns up in hotter regions.

on the other hand intel is cool to, does not heat up, but over hyped and from my experience hangs alot, when compared to an amd processor, u can not overclock an INTEL processor, but u can bring out the hidden power of an AMD processor, INTEL is expensive and AMD is cheap.

as for amd drivers, jsut go to the website and u will get any driver update you want, even up to the graphic card attached to the AMD board,

i use a AMD turion x2 64bit 3gb processor and i bet you, it kills an INTEL of the same speed, only issue is the heat, so i stick to very cold areas and my PC just glides through every process i take it through,

pls pick a processor u a vry convinient with,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by init4dmoni(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
intel is far far better
i've got 2 laptops and a desktop, the very powerful gaming desktop and 1 laptop are intel core 2 duo's(@2.66Ghz just had 2 boast grin & 2.53Ghz respectively) and 1 amd turion x2@2.00Ghz although not as powerful is much much much slower and overheats like crazy!!!!!! angry
i only use it movies and stuff yet it still hangs sometimes. it's d least important 2 me
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by frankdell: 12:13am On Oct 03, 2009
both are good.The only advantage i see that Intel has over AMD is its cooling system.aside that,AMD is better

1 Like

Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by hansibone(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2009
@ini4dmoni

if u want to compare intel and amd check this link,
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by Rexnegro(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
for me I don't no sef cos I just got a laptop with amd processors with 4g ram 250 hard drive, 2.75ghp...Hope it's coo guys...
Re: Intel Vs AMD: What's Your Opinion? by shuggah(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
hubreality:
I've used both and they work pretty well anywhere. In fact AMD are most common in the US and UK. What the heck with some parading quack engineers here in the country who advice people against systems with AMD processors?
its nt quack engineers bro, I've been using pc since 2008 and from experience i wouldnt advice anyone to use an AMD system, an intel processor of 1.3ghz can run apps and games that an Amd 2.1ghz cannot run smoothly, I'm telling u from experience.. intel is d best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Error Apple Application Support Is Required To Run Itunes / Why Is Internet Access So Expensive In Nigeria? / Facebook Messenger Now Supports 4K Photos Sharing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.