Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN (29549 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos) / ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by erayo2GCA(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2016
Christianity and division= bread and butter..Islam and terror = rice and beans...Africans killing them selves over borrowed religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Boss13: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2016
OhMyG0d:
Pull outta CAN and then what? Will they Stand Alone or join MAN??
Politics has entered into Church, Church has entered into Politics.
I say: KONTINU.

Correction: Church is politics. It has its root very deep in politics. Please go and research
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by mario2k(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2016
Catholic church have gone their way,right from inception they have been confused not knowing if they politicians all they re after is things of this world.Watch out the Anti-christ is d leader of the catholic church Mark my word!
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by rollywise(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
sapiosexual1:
If the church cannot peacefully and honestly conduct elections, then what moral ground do we Christians have to condemn or castigate our political leaders.
It's a blot and a shame on the church, we should burry our heads in the mud.

Go ahead bro. Wetin concern me. Economy hard and that's my concern for the now. Let no one judge by the character and behavior of others. That's unfair judgement. Amongst CAN are those fake and evil pastors and there are the truly called too. I can't bother myself with their affairs. Let God take care of his own!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by tonytony208(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2016
OhMyG0d:

It is the same politics that make them want to put the ECWA man ahead of other contenders.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by tonytony208(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2016
DesChyko:
Why are they in CAN in the first place?

I'm certain your father went to Catholic school.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by erayo2GCA(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2016
FunnyDude:
ALLAHU AKBAR
Allah is the greatest.
Islam is the only way..

Shut ur smelling mouth, did you forefather know anything about islam..islam and Christian are from d middle east

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by daveP(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2016
Yawwwnnnnns!

Just like the Nig govt, CAN doesn't and will never represent the interest of believers of Christ in Nig.

bling- stylish pastor vs long suit

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by stanley095(m): 11:20am On Jun 12, 2016
OhMyG0d:
what is now the different between politics and CAN God have mercy
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by cooljude(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2016
Chrisrare:
All catholic church does is practise pagan worship. So let dem leave CAN, dey aren't even supposed to be there.
if not for the so called pagan church, would you know anything about Christianity. looking closely, you realise that they are the ones who spread the religion throughout the world (90 percent). in as much as I don't believe in stupid religious dogma, but from an empirical point if view. if I were to be 100 percent religious, I would prefer to be Catholic than to a "God of men" church.

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by justicejay(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2016
To me I think catholic is not part of Christianity. It is a religion on its own, its just like judaism saying they are christian
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Dbeze: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2016
We don't even need them
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Esso95(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2016
TVTKOKO:
IT IS A PITY THAT THE BODY OF CHRIST IS DIVIDED WITHIN ITSELF.. CORRUPTION, SELFISHNESS HAS EATEN DEEP INTO IT'S ROOT.YOU CAN NEVER SEE SUCH WITHIN THE ISLAMIC GROUP BUT THE SO CALLED CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONES SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE LEG. angry angry
I JUST WONDER IF JESUS WOULD COME BACK TO MEET THE CHRISTIAN FAITH IF THEY CONTINUE LIKE THIS
What about the Shiites and Sunnis?
Abeegggi!
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2016
Holy spirit vs Holy spirit?
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by olisaEze(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2016
God does not reward offices, but faithfulness. Of what benefit has CAN been to Christianity in Nigeria and even in the global scale? Has any of these high titled,fast talking, gold bedecked, luxury car and jet owning people helped those that have lost their loved ones and properties at anytime? How have they proffered solutions to the myriad problems facing the nation today? So whether the CSN or PFN or whatever acronym stays or pulls out of CAN, or even employs our usual Nigerian political tactics, the rest of us Christians in Nigeria will just keep looking on because CAN has never really been of use to us.
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by MrSly(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2016
Chrisrare:
All catholic church does is practise pagan worship. So let dem leave CAN, dey aren't even supposed to be there.
Empty head, thoughtless comment.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by easiest(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2016
malvisguy212:
If Christians were Christians, there would be no denominations in the Christian world. If Christians were really Christians, they would not quarrel with one another, nor separate from one another, but rather would be members together in the "one body of Christ". Can you picture Jesus coming back to earth today and seeking out the fellowship of his own, walking the streets and looking at its Churches?

"This Church", his guide would say, "is a Baptist Church." "Baptist?" Jesus would ask, "What is a Baptist Church?" "This Church", his guide would say, "is a Presbyterian Church." Jesus would
ask, "What do you mean by a Presbyterian Church?" "This Church", his guide would say, "is
a Catholic Church." Jesus would say, "I have never heard of a Catholic Church before".
Jesus would ask them, "WERE IS THE CHURCH OF GOD?"

You are right my brother, I begin to think as I am now confused
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2016
President is fighting curuption; Army is fighting BH&NDA; Muslims r figtin Christians,now Cathlic fiting CAN....... I WEEP FOR THIS NATION!
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by notoriousbabe: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2016
المجد ل يسوع ، تكريما لمريم .

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by nathdim: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2016
FunnyDude:
ALLAHU AKBAR
Allah is the greatest.
Islam is the only way..
check your record even the Catholic Church is older than islam
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by DjAduba(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2016
malvisguy212:
If Christians were Christians, there would be no denominations in the Christian world. If Christians were really Christians, they would not quarrel with one another, nor separate from one another, but rather would be members together in the "one body of Christ". Can you picture Jesus coming back to earth today and seeking out the fellowship of his own, walking the streets and looking at its Churches?

"This Church", his guide would say, "is a Baptist Church." "Baptist?" Jesus would ask, "What is a Baptist Church?" "This Church", his guide would say, "is a Presbyterian Church." Jesus would
ask, "What do you mean by a Presbyterian Church?" "This Church", his guide would say, "is
a Catholic Church." Jesus would say, "I have never heard of a Catholic Church before".
Jesus would ask them, "WERE IS THE CHURCH OF GOD?"
We all know that Christianity has great defects from day one we only choose to follow in any way!
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by DjAduba(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2016
Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by olisaEze(m): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2016
erayo2GCA:
Christianity and division= bread and butter..Islam and terror = rice and beans...Africans killing them selves over borrowed religion.

FunnyDude:
ALLAHU AKBAR
Allah is the greatest.
Islam is the only way..

According to the bible, Jesus was 100% man and is 100% divinity hence John 14:6. According to islamic teachings the prophet Muhammad SAW, was 100% man. Who would know the way better? Don't get angry, it's just a thought.

@erayo2GCA I would agree with you, but to my understanding of the bible and life of Christ, christianity is not a religion but a way of bringing man back to his original standing with God before the fall of the 1st man in the garden of eden so as to accomplish his original purpose for his creation.
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Chukabiz1961(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Step out, step in na the same thing
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Jonnemagne(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
its high time born-again christian youths stand up where our fathers have fallen
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Empredboy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Chrisrare:
Why did you say so?
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
OhMyG0d:
Catholic Church is not a member of CAN at the National level; yet it is more influential than Oritsejafor's CAN. The Catholic Church can indeed stand alone. CAN has more to gain from Catholic Church membership than the Church has to gain from CAN.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by DjAduba(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
twoondei:
Are they sharing money in this CAN?
So u no know? how Orisejafo take buy that plane? doz bling, and powerful luxurious cars?
Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by salam1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Olibboy:
ALLAHU AKBAR
y not face d topic at hand y deviate from d topic. cool down dere is nothing I repeat nothing u can do to islam. jst look and pass okay.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Threatens To Pull Out Of CAN by ozoemenafn: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Looking at it critically the Catholic Church is not saying that they want to be CAN president but a candidate from ECWA church and that is to say that they want the CAN presidency to be fairly manned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Impulse To Watch Leaked Sex Tapes / Story: How Witchcraft Has Ruined Our Family / Man Kicked-Out Of Competition For Resembling Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.