Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church (55072 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by PhockPhockMan: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2016

The Catholic Church on Monday clarified the recent transfer of Father Ejike Mbaka, saying the controversial priest was merely being sent to where he would be more useful to the church.
In its first reaction since the controversy over the transfer broke, the church church said the posting was not meant to be punitive.
In an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES Monday, the Secretary-General of the Catholic Secretar‎iat of Nigeria, Reverend Father Ralph Madu said transfer of priests within the catholic church is a “normal church procedure.”
“Mbaka’s own is not an exception,” Mr. Madu said. “The Bishop has the right to post any priest wherever he feels his service would be more useful to the church.”
Public criticisms had greeted the Enugu Diocese’s recent decision to transfer Mr. Mbaka out of Christ the King Parish‎, GRA, where he had served for over a decade and had established a popular prayer ministry, the Adoration Prayer Ministry.
Mr. Mbaka is to resume immediately at his new post at the Our Lady Parish, Emene.
The priest, who is as fiery as he is controversial, had described his ‎re-posting by the church as a “calculated move” to make him suffer.
“I know we are going to suffer within now and few months to come,” the priest said. I am going to suffer and suffer; I know that. I’m going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the Adoration Ministry’s assets. I know I’m going to suffer.”
On Sunday, the South-East zone of the All Progressives Congress alleged that Bishop Callistus Onaga was manipulated by external forces into effecting Mr. Mbaka’s transfer.
“As a party, we have watched with concern and trepidation the criticism, the attack, assault and unpleasant comments hurled against Fr. Mbaka since he providentially prophesied that President Buhari would win the 2015 elections,” the APC said in a statement by Osita Okechukwu, Spokesperson of its South-East caucus.
“Even the church did not spare him; he was called unprintable names, yet his prophecy came true.”
In the run-up to last year’s presidential election, Mr. Mbaka had told a gathering of thousands of catholic faithfuls at his Adoration Prayer Ground ministry to vote out then president, Goodluck Jonathan.
The priest, renowned for his blunt sermons, has a huge followership in‎ South East Nigeria, where thousands of Catholics throng to his prayer ground for healing and miracles.
But following his recent transfer to a new parish, speculations were rife that his being moved to another parish was punishment for his unalloyed support of a Muslim candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari, over his Christian predecessor, Mr. Jonathan.
But Mr. Madu told PREMIUM TIMES that “such frivolities ‎have nothing to do with the posting.”
“His posting should have been a privilege, not a punishment – which the Bishop can do because he has the power.
“If he (Mbaka) says it’s a punishment, then it’s open for further investigation. Posting is a regular thing, a priest can be transferred after two, three, four, or more years, it depends on the discretion of the Bishop.
“That ministry (Adoration Ministry) is his private ministry, it does not belong to the church. Overseeing a parish is a full time job. Overseeing a ministry is a bigger task. If the church decides to take him somewhere where he’ll have more time to carry out his ministry, how is it punitive? That should not be the language.”
Mr. Madu said Mr. Mbaka had done things that were unacceptable to the church in the past but received no punishments for them.
“He is supposed to be a missionary,” Mr. Madu said. “What if the Bishop had closed down the ministry‎, which is within his power to do? Sometimes, transfers can be for the good of the priest as something can be going wrong which he might not be aware of. The Bishop is free to move any priest at any time, it is his prerogative.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197788-exclusive-transferred-father-mbaka-catholic-church.html

8 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ok

“That ministry (Adoration Ministry) is his private ministry, it does not belong to the church. shocked Overseeing a parish is a full time job. grin Overseeing a ministry is a bigger task. shocked If the church decides to take him somewhere where he’ll have more time to carry out his ministry, how is it punitive? That should not be the language.” angry

I thank God for the Catholic Church...remembering my days carrying the Thurible. An amazing Thurifer.

Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by collinsVP: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
It surely going to be difficult for him, given the fact that Our Lady Of The Rosary Parish Emene is too small for a person in the status of Mbaka who commands large followership.

St. Joseph's Parish Emene could have been better, since they want him to go to Emene.

However, i believe he has the "spiritual what it takes" to survive in such a tiny parish( that was my parish though)

2 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
But why is the transfer of father Mbaka generating so much noise? what business do we have with that... embarassed Misplaced priority. Mtchewww

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by tolexy007(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
i dont think Catholic Church owe anybody explanation on Rev Mbaka transfer, he is a Priest and he can be transfer at anytime just like every other Priests, Plpp should not put Politics into this...

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by cutetopsey(f): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmmm!

I don't think this should cause any controversy......The work of a priest is to serve God. Transferring a priest from one parish to another shouldn't be a case of punitive or not ......

I think Reverend father Mbaka should welcome this new development with the joy of going to the new parish to serve God the more and to make impact......

You can now successfully get rid of that excess body fats using a more safer natural products, check my signature for more details

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Tokt: 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ohaneze and lovers of Jonah-daft have bought over the bishop of the diocese. Not to worry priest, u will see the downfall of ur enemies.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by missdebs(f): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
persecution times, stand firm sir. we shall overcome

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nothing new here.

Politics in Church, these are the same Fools that extort "offerings" from Brainless Sheep lipsrsealed

Just a Priest that fvcks Boys and dines with politicians. wailing over his misfortune.

If not the Catholic church is the Church of Satan, he would have been dismissed from priesthood.

5 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders; Pls let us forget about Father Mbaka for now & let's review this “packaged fraud” called change.

President Buhari is bent on sinking this ship called Nigeria by trying to deliberately frustrate the masses that voted him into power.

Now, I have no problem with any of Buhari's reform as long as it within the ambit of the law and in accordance with the constitutional rules & regulations but when the f.ucking vacuous & inebriated President that I stood up for in his trying times now turns around by whipping up some stupid economic sentiments, thereby making me the direct target of his entirely useless policies, then I won't give a f.uck whether Nigeria goes up in flame or goes 20years backward.

Now, I have concluded that Buhari & his cabinet members are mentally unstable and are not fit to govern us.

The N65 withdrawal charge on transactions done by a card holder on another bank's ATM has been nothing short of robbery in daylight.

I have been using other bank's ATM just to avoid the long queues at GTBank but nowadays, I have noticed that the moment I make my withdrawals from other Bank's ATM - Fiam! N65 don commot instantly!

The CBN circular states that the first 3 withdrawals on other Bank's ATM would be free and the charges would start counting from the 4th withdrawal but this is a f.ucking lie as the charges are now being deducted even in the 1st attempt.

N65 maybe nothing to me, but Y must I bear the brunt of the anti-corruption crusade? Y can't you promulgate a bill that will ensure that all serving senators, ministers, governors, house of rep members & local government chairmen pay 50% of their salaries & allowances into the government treasury rather than frustrating the average citizen who could barely feed on 3square meals a day. How can you instill discipline in the masses when you have no iota of truth & discipline within you?

1st, subsidy was removed and we're still buying fuel at N86.50 instead of N40.

2nd, a N50 nonsense duty stamp is being deducted from my account in the name of raising revenues for this fraudulent government.

And now this N65 issue that was already cancelled by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Maybe I should have just supported Ebele Jonathan in looting Nigeria to a stand-still because I don't see any difference between him & Buhari.

I don't give a flying f.uck whether Buhari means well for Nigeria or not as long as I'm being stolen from under the pretence of fighting corruption.

If Godwin Emefiele is not fired for this brazing act of impunity & fraud, with the charges adjusted back to the CBN's circular or even cancelled outrightly, then Buhari is no different from Sambo Dasuki and will be booted out the way he was kicked out in 1985 - nonsense!

CC: TonyeBarcanista, Mizmycoli & Beremx.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by TippyTop(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
If he doesn't like his new posting let him resign and become an Imam, Sambisa lost its Imam 3yrs ago, the vacancy is still open as at the time of posting this.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Sijo01(f): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
Does that mean he was no longer useful in his former Parish .. . . . Politrik in church.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Insuurance(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
I don't think that's enough reason to transfer him

Besides, all upcoming artistes, dancers, comedian, musicians and cinematographers, looking for an opportunity to produce, promote, show case their talents, should contact the Label manager AKA Insuurance on 07062586862, whatapps or call. You don't have to pay, u might be paid, if u re very good at ur skills. You are a Super Star..

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by emalek86(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
If God really called you, then you won't suffer but if it were that APC hmmmmmm, he just they start. Oya shakitibobo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by unbeat007(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
I DON'T GET IT!! WHY ALL THIS STORIES ABOUT THE TRANSFER OF A PRIEST?

Mbaka is a priest and priest get transfered after 6years and he even stayed 20.

what's the fuse all about?

10 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by sorom4: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
APC should stay off the Catholic Church and continue with their propaganda in other places. Seems they have ran out of idea of diverting the attentions of Zombies from their poor and unstructured governance. Thus, this.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Chanchit: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
This people sef, no need to explain this transfer to anybody, its a common practice, so why should his own be different. Abi make dem leave him for one parish forever.

6 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by nairagossip1: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
HMM
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by philfrey08: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
CR77:
smiley
killercute16:
Hmm
nairagossip1:
HMM
unbeat007:
v
emalek86:
F
sorom4:
APC
SPACEBOOKERS OF LAIF UP THERE
WE dont need explanations....transfer na normal tin

Priests can criticise government like John d baptist and pray for God's glory

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by killercute16(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Some non catholics and even catholics don't even understand the procedures of the catholic church but still spew church politics.....Mbaka is a priest,he can not be exempted from transfer like other priest.People should really stop this cry

22 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
We no go hear word again for this father mbaka

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by CR77(f): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
@Op u just dey talk same thing cool
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by sommyskibo: 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by okeyglm: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
shame fr. madu for 20yrs you didnt find him worthy to be transfered. we know this is a pure witch hunting.

6 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by PhockPhockMan: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2016

“I know we are going to suffer within now and few months to come,” the priest said. I am going to suffer and suffer; I know that. I’m going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the Adoration Ministry’s assets. I know I’m going to suffer.”

[size=18pt]..... Your suffer just began
[/size]

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Adaezeagu(f): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Una don carry another one come.. Tatafo
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by theozobby(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tokt:
Ohaneze and lovers of Jonah-daft have bought over the bishop of the diocese. Not to worry priest, u will see the downfall of ur enemies.
READ BETWEEN THE LINES BEFORE YOU COMMENT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Brianpat(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
I don't know why the transfer of fr. Mbaka is raising controversy. The Catholic Church belongs to no body and to every body. A priest is subject to his bishop ♗ who has the power to post or retain a priest.

5 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Okpueze1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
You did nothing wrong by transferring Fr. Mbaka to a new parish but the timing and making him assistant parish priest send wrong signal. I believe God knows the best, long live the Church. Ecclesia sue sante!

3 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
good for him so far he claimed to be spiritual before no need of lamentation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Spectacular' Discovery Validates Biblical Story Of Queen Jezebel (Photos) / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.