Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms (13260 Views)

Truth About US Report On Boko Haram / Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms / Igbos, Most Brilliant Black Africa Race –us report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by papayeye: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2016
The United States government has confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s usual assertion that Boko Haram terrorists has been dealt a devastating blow by the Nigerian military, by affirming that the terrorist sect had lost considerable capacity to hold territory, though it continued to launch uncoordinated attacks.
This was contained in Country Reports on Terrorism for 2015 released by the United States Bureau of Counterterrorism and Countering Violent Extremism, which noted that over 1, 240 persons were killed in terror attacks in Nigeria last year. The report identified inadequate cooperation and information sharing among the security agencies involved in the anti-terrorism war as the bane of the counterterrorism operation.

It reads in part, “Regional military forces made progress during 2015 in degrading the group’s territorial control, in particular following the election of Nigerian President Buhari, but Boko Haram responded by increasing its use of asymmetric attacks.

“Bilateral and multilateral efforts by these regional military forces successfully challenged Boko Haram’s hold on territory, forcing it to abandon major military-style campaigns and revert back to the asymmetric tactics seen in previous years. Despite these setbacks, Boko Haram withstood and adapted to the military offensives.

“The group carried out kidnappings, killings, bombings (including with child suicide bombers), and attacks on civilian and military targets throughout the Lake Chad Basin, resulting in thousands of deaths, injuries, and significant destruction of property.

“While Nigeria and regional partners have made progress in driving Boko Haram from much of the territory it held in northern Nigeria, the group kept control over some territory and maintained its ability to carry out asymmetric attacks.”

While noting that coordination of the antiterrorism operations were mostly coordinated by the Office of the National Security Advisor, ONSA, the report stressed that “the level of interagency cooperation and information sharing was limited.”

It added that; “Among the problems that deterred or hindered more effective law enforcement and border security by the Nigerian government were a lack of coordination and cooperation between Nigerian security agencies; a lack of biometrics collection systems and the requisite databases; corruption; misallocation of resources; the slow pace of the judicial system, including a lack of timely arraignment of suspected terrorist detainees; and lack of sufficient training for prosecutors and judges to understand and carry out the Terrorism (Prevention) Act of 2011 (as amended).”

http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/06/12/boko-harams-ability-for-territorial-control-degraded-us-report-affirms/

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by SherlockHollmes(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2016
Noted

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by omenka(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2016
Ghen ghen!! E don happen!! cheesy

This sort of degradation is that which degrades the ability of the Lost Crickets of Uganda from also holding territory on Nairaland!! grin

Let it be known to all pained, blind, deaf and dumb residents of the Wailing Wall of Yisrael that their residency permit has just been renewed!! They can wail their big ol' eyeballs off for all the good citizens of Nigeria are concerned.

Oya, time to wail against Omenka's unreasonable comment. grin

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by eyesofgod: 10:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Well, we have always known this despite vigorous attempts by enemies within to deny it.

20 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by PRYCE(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2016
omenka:
Ghen ghen!! E don happen!! cheesy

This sort of degradation is that which degrades the ability of the Lost Crickets of Uganda from also holding territory on Nairaland!! grin

Let it be known to all pained, blind, deaf and dumb residents of the Wailing Wall of Yisrael that their residency permit has just been renewed!! They can wail their big ol' eyeballs off for all the good citizens of Nigeria are concerned.

Oya, time to wail against Omenka's unreasonable comment. grin
This guy has been rubbed the wrong way by his boss' chain "change" im kukuma comot Buhari name for im signature grin

Chain"Change" is when you are reduced to a mere 'Miss Nairaland' campaigner! cheesy

lalasticlala

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by modath(f): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2016
The United States government has confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s usual assertion that Boko Haram terrorists has been dealt a devastating blow by the Nigerian military, by affirming that the terrorist sect had lost considerable capacity to hold territory.

*In the most ekpaish yoot voice*

This US can lie for Africa!!!! They have been bribed by this government to say this!!

*in sane and Patriotic Nigerian mode*

This is what we are talking about!! Just as they are dealing BH a heavy hand, there is another criminal group using a noble course (True Federalism) to fight a war of attrition on behalf of corrupt & divisive public figures that will meet their waterloo soon!! cool

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by omenka(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2016
PRYCE:
This guy has been rubbed the wrong way by his boss' chain "change" im kukuma comot Buhari name for im signature grin

Chain"Change" is when you are reduced to a mere 'Miss Nairaland' campaigner! cheesy

lalasticlala
I don't care oo. All I care is that All Lost Crickets of Uganda won't be happy with this news. cheesycheesy

You have no idea what it took me to put that siggy there- huge sacrifice that was dully appreciated. And I won't let any mockery from any Wailing Wall resident to make me take it down. So like I said above, you can Wail your eyeballs off for all I care. grin

Lastly, face topic. tongue

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by modath(f): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2016
PRYCE:

lalasticlala

Pryce Pryce, what's wrong with campaigning for someone? So person can't live again cos of political affiliation? Na wah oo..BH that your hero claimed were his brothers are now being decimated...

Celerate our galant heroes and leave Omenka matter, your boxers in a bunch cos you can't drag Bubu bah? Pele!! smiley

25 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by omenka(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2016
modath:

Pryce Pryce, what's wrong with campaigning for someone? So person can't live again cos of political affiliation? Na wah oo..BH that your hero claimed were his brothers are now being decimated...

Celerate our galant heroes and leave Omenka matter, your boxers in a bunch cos you can't drag Bubu bah? Pele!! smiley
The tin dey itch him intestines wella, but him no fit scratch am. grin

Allow him to roast!! cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by omenka(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Mynd44, please tell your coleague to do the needful when una close from shursh.
Thank you.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by PRYCE(m): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2016
omenka:
I don't care oo. All I care is that All Lost Crickets of Uganda won't be happy with this news. cheesycheesy

You have no idea what it took me to put that siggy there- huge sacrifice that was dully appreciated. And I won't let any mockery from any Wailing Wall resident to make me take it down. So like I said above, you can Wail your eyeballs off for all I care. grin

Haha you've been curtailed bruv! I bet now sef you can't fuel that your Jalopy Carina II anymore grin tongue

grin cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by PRYCE(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2016
modath:

Eh BH are my brothers too..... In The Lord! wink

Check my threads, I've NEVER celebrated BH in my life cos I've SEEN it all first hand!

There's a difference between celebrating BH and not believing LIE Mohammed's crap!

As for Omenka, go c d sunday rice wey him dey chop right now... green pepper don replace all the tomatoes for d stew as a result of the embargo the "technically defeated BH" have placed on tomato supply (according to LIE Mohammed). grin grin

Campaign oo my bros, campaign... maybe dat babe fit employ you grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Babacele: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
omenka:

Thank you.
this US report will send many Igbos to Yaba left....watch out when someone next to you start squeezing face n spitting hell like person wey unknowingly come chop dogonyaro inside sharwama !

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by wowmenow: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
omenka:

Thank you.

This omenka boy
The only thing you do now is to report people to mynd44
Go look for job and stop sycophancy

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by wowmenow: 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Even Fulani herdsmen with local guns have taken over benue state talk less of boko haram
Presently boko haram his holding 3 local government in yobe state
The author of this article is only looking for attention

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by wowmenow: 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
So this is an achievement for Buhari
What a failed government

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
omenka:

laughing...lost crickets of Uganda.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by ChukwuIbrahim: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
wowmenow:
So this is an achievement for Buhari
What a failed government
diz one has found his voice again after small small ijaw boiz came 4 dia as$es dat day! undecided

smh

atleast he's alive to tell d story

& enjoy sai Baba's govt till 2023 cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by omenka(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lalasticlala, I doubt you are still in church.. Shooo!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by looseweight: 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
And bauri wins

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by clefstone(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Zombies go happy to see this news

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by snadguy007(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Waiting for Pdp and Fayose to come out with their own report

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Chimaritoponcho: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
22. Don't ask Nairaland members for
contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or
investments.
Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Ijaya123: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
So they just realised? We know all along.

Only the Wailers refused to see the great work of the Nigerian army due to senseless hatred.

God bless Nigerian Army.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by kelvyn7: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by YourMajesty(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Zombies will jubilate all night long with this news.

And some of them will quote me. grin

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by LockDown69(m): 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
We don't need your shitty report, we know that already.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by smogup: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ahhh
Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by badthinds: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2016

Yes... Thats what the US knows how to do best. Rate others as 10th World countries.

...though, truth is bitter.
Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Rilwayne001: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
oh yess! Bubu has c6 in that regard.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by babyfaceafrica: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lolz....some ipod yoots will disagree

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram’s Ability For Territorial Control Degraded – US Report Affirms by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Kudos to all those who made it happen...May we never witness the rise of another deadly group.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa SW Group Dumps Atiku, Endorses Tinubu / Senator Shehu Sani Begs Sowore Not To Legalize Marijuana. / BREAKING: Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack On Biu Town, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.