Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? (492 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? by Jonwesley(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
I need some one to help me on this issue:
I was in a Church somewhere as a visitor, and the pastor was preaching on the Holy Communion which the scripture tagged the "Lord's Supper" he said. Now, he said being tagged the Lord's Supper means, it can only be administered or taken as from evening, precisely he mentioned as from 6pm and that anywhere it is taken in the morning, afternoon or any other time before supper time, believers should run away from such Church. To this I disagree. Yes I agree that in the Bible it was referred to as the Lord's Supper during his last moments with His disciples as the last supper and due to the timing of the persecution that was to start that night with Judas is cariot executing the betrayal plot. Was there anything anywhere to suggest that the holy communion must be taken at supper time only? The bible says as often as thou taketh it, you show the memory of the lord's death and rightly admonished that we should do it often. Why should emphasis be made on supper time by this pastor as the only time it should be taken. I need responses and contributions to clear any doubts raised by this opinion please. Thanks.
Re: Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
The pastor dey wash una head.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? by keandre: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Specific Time For Taking The Holy Communion? by Jonwesley(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
keandre:
Your pastor is using King Chinedu Version of the Bible

He's not my pastor. I said I was a visitor invited to witness a child dedication and thanksgiving service. Thanks for your response.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Religious Police Hisbah Arrest, Punish Muslims Refusing To Fast / What Do Muslim Mean By Religion Of Peace, Is Islam Really About Peace? / My View On The Reason Pope Said Christians Should Apologize To Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.