Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:16 AM

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (36757 Views)

Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by BoneBlogger(m): 6:52am On Mar 09, 2018
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to reveal his displeasure after being denied the Holy Communion because of his beard. According to the heartbroken man identified as Chuka Amadiume, this happened recently at an Anglican church despite his insistence.

He shared the news on his social media page. Read below;

Two days ago, i went for Holy Communion at an Anglican church in Nigeria.I received a shocker!

The Venerable aka the Pastor aka the Archdeacon told me i would not be given the " bread & wine " because i had a beard!I insisted and was given, i left really heartbroken!

Did a little research and came up with these findings proving that most of the great Christians in the Bible had beards;

1) Leveticus 19 vs 27

2) Psalm 133

3) 2nd Samuel 10 vs 5

4) 1st Samuel 21 vs 13

5) Ezekiel 5 vs 1

6) Ezra 9 vs 3

7) Isaiah 50 vs 6

My question is

a) Did "Jesus Christ" have a beard?

b) Was it ever written in the bible that i will not make heaven if i have a beard?

Day 12 of the #30DS / #truth / #christian / #religion / #anglican

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/man-heartbroken-refused-holy-communion-beards-photo.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Evablizin(f): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2018
sad

Sorry dude,take heart but remember that holy communion can't make you "Holy" or take you to "Heaven" rather your righteousness.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Emycord: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2018
WERE YOU A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH?

5 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Nwodosis(m): 6:59am On Mar 09, 2018
You would've told the Pastor why you kept the beard.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by madridguy(m): 7:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Barb your beard and stop lamenting.

21 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by SenselessIdiot: 7:00am On Mar 09, 2018
That's the reason you should start worshipping idol. No time for unnecessary drama

14 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Stanleyafam(m): 7:03am On Mar 09, 2018
The pastor is just jealous of u, don't mind him. Buy cake and coke and bring it to me for blessings, there u have the communion.

25 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by madridguy(m): 7:04am On Mar 09, 2018
You be case grin grin

Stanleyafam:
The pastor is just jealous of u, don't mind him. Buy cake and coke and bring it to me for blessings, there u have the communion.

6 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Shedrack777: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2018
dude, the truth is that one sister already made a confession of sexing with you the night before, earlier that morning. but you didn't go for confession and want to take communion and bring curse to yourself? go confess first before taking communion to avoid stories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 09, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
That's the reason you should start worshipping idol. No time for unnecessary drama
Over dose of TRAMADOL at work

16 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by ekems2017(f): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2018
Hmmmm I have nothing to say.
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Skepticus: 8:14am On Mar 09, 2018
The most absurd part of this story is that the pastor/archdeacon operates on a religion from a region where beards are considered noble and essential for men who have attained adulthood.

Man, don't let men of dogs ruin your honour as a man.

17 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Mrbigman1(m): 8:14am On Mar 09, 2018
Churches now look on physical appearance to judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by GreatOlu1: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2018
Not sure if Jesus christ kept beards but I'm very sure Barber or Barbing saloon was not mentioned in the bible grin....

Happy Birthday to me.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2018
I'm not buying this story until it is confirmed.
BTW, which of the anglican church?
what's the name of the pastor?
were you chewing gum?
were you rating bo.oty instead of focusing on the pastor?
are sure yyou were in a legit church sef?.. ehm sorry o, but.. are you sure it was just the beard.. or something more?
Its funny that some comments are already bashing the church.. Its totally clear that a lot of us have forgotten the fapson-factor that taxifyingly states that, "the toree wey you here today, fit no be true tomorrow"..
But if this thing hin talk na true ehn, then the church should better fix itself.. Afterall, God no dey discriminate

10 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Alexk2(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2018
Will Holy Communion make you Holy?
Is Holy Communion a guarantee for making heaven?
These are the questions you should try to answer before asking those unimportant questions you posted up there.

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Macnnoli4(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2018
Unbelievable
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Edopesin: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2018
madridguy:
Barb your beard and stop lamenting.
Answer the questions na

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Pavore9: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2018
Will the issue not be better addressed by the Church than seeking attention on social media?[

2 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by officialMarcTimi: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2018
Shedrack777:
dude, the truth is that one sister already made a confession of sexing with you the night before, earlier that morning. but you didn't go for confession and want to take communion and bring curse to yourself? go confess first before taking communion to avoid stories
Shedrack777:
Shedrack777:

super story
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by MistadeRegal(m): 8:19am On Mar 09, 2018
This issue again!
I give up.
When was the last time we treated this same issue here?
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by az30: 8:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Firstly, there were no Christians in the old testament. Sorry, just had to correct that in your post. Secondly, study the bible for yourself and don't just visit it to pick scriptures to make or nullify a point. Thirdly, a pastor that refuses to give you holy communion because you have beards or are wearing trousers as a lady is carnal. Leave that congregation if you want to grow spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 09, 2018
So now keeping beard is a sin. God almighty are you watching us modifying your words to fit our wimps and caprices . Even Jesus kept beards.

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by iamBlissA(f): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2018
In Anglican, they drink from one cup and if you keep beard it might enter d cup. During confirmation, u are always advice to keep dem short n women to abstain from make up on dat day to avoid contermination of d wine....sorry dear

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by saintkeppy(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2018
The beard Gang
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by stankezzy: 8:20am On Mar 09, 2018
You look like the other people just go and shave your beards if you really want it , it is an issue of obeying God or obeying your self

2 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by armpit: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
your moniker saves us the stress of asking questions . Thanks for explaining your condition beforehand.

6 Likes

Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by saintkeppy(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2018
#beardgang
Re: Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo by omoadeleye(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2018
follow the rules and cut your beard biko, stop making unnecessary fuse up and down

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Vera Uwaila: Apostle Suleman To Give N1 Million To Any With Reliable Information / Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.