Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. (5852 Views)

Some Qualities Of A Good Muslim In Light Of The Glorious Quran / Are You A Good Muslim Neighbour?? This Is What Your Deen Says.. / A Muslim Man Infuriated & frustrated after learning the truth about his religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Ifeann(f): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
He was an unrepentant wife beater.

Qur'an - 4:34 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allâh has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allâh and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allâh orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.).
As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, beat them , but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allâh is Ever Most High, Most Great.

[size=16pt]Ex-wife of suspected Orlando shooter: ‘He beat me’[/size]

The ex-wife of the 29-year-old man suspected of killing 50 people in a Orlando nightclub early Sunday said that he was violent and mentally unstable and beat her repeatedly while they were married.

The ex-wife said she met Omar Mateen online about eight years ago and decided to move to Florida and marry him.

At first, the marriage was normal, she said, but then he became abusive.

“He was not a stable person,” said the ex-wife, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she feared for her safety in the wake of the mass shooting. “He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”

While the FBI has not identified Mateen publicly, U.S. law enforcement officials said his identification was found on the body of the killer, who was armed with a handgun and an assault rifle.

Authorities think he used those weapons to kill 50 people and injure dozens more in the attack on the gay nightclub that began just after 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Mateen was killed in a shootout with police three hours later after a SWAT team assaulted a section of the club where Mateen was holed up with hostages.

Mateen’s ex-wife said his family was from Afghanistan, but her ex-husband was born in New York. His family later moved to Florida. In 2007, Mateen graduated with an associate degree of science from Indian River State College.

In a series of Myspace photos, Mateen is seen taking selfies and wearing New York Police Department shirts in a couple of the shots. His ex-wife identified him as the man in the Myspace photos.

Mateen’s ex-wife said she was having a difficult time when she first met him and decided to move to Florida to be with him. The two married in March 2009 and moved into a two-bedroom condominium in Fort Pierce, Fla., that Mateen’s family owned.

“He seemed like a normal human being,” she said, adding that he wasn’t very religious and often worked out at the gym. She said in the few months they were married he gave no signs of having fallen under the sway of radical Islam. She said he owned a small-caliber handgun.

“He was a very private person,” she said.
Police say approximately 50 people have been killed inside a Florida nightclub, and dozens more wounded after a gunman opened fire early Sunday, June 12. Eye witnesses explain what they saw. (Reuters, AP)

According to public records, he had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and was a licensed security guard. He had worked for G4S, a security company. His ex-wife said that at one point Mateen worked as a guard at a nearby facility for juvenile delinquents.

The ex-wife said her parents intervened when they learned Mateen had assaulted her. Her father confirmed the account and said that the marriage lasted only a few months.

Her parents flew to Fort Pierce and pulled her out of the house, leaving all her belongings behind. The ex-wife she said never had contact with Mateen again despite attempts by him to reach her.

“They literally saved my life,” she said of her parents.

According to Florida court records, the two formally divorced in 2011.

After learning about what happened in Orlando, she said: “I am still processing. I am definitely lucky.”

After the couple split, a friend of Mateen’s said the young man became steadily more religious. The friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Mateen several years ago went on the pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia known as the umrah.

“He was quite religious,” the friend said.

He said Mateen had hoped to become a law enforcement officer but that plan never panned out.

The last time he spoke with Mateen was about three weeks ago. There was no indication when they talked that Mateen intended to carry out the worst mass shooting in U.S. history. The friend said that if Mateen had sympathies for the Islamic State or other terrorist groups, he kept that to himself.

“He never spoke about that stuff,” the friend said.

Dartevious Parker, a neighbor who lived near Mateen, said Mateen had a 3-year-old son. The neighbor had also seen a woman living with Mateen and the boy. Parker said he never spoke to her, and she did not wear any religious garb.

“This is a shocker,” he said. “I was surprised someone from here would do something like that.”

Brian E. Crowley and Steve Friess contributed to this report from Fort Pierce, Fla.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/ex-wife-of-suspected-orlando-shooter-he-beat-me/2016/06/12/8a1963b4-30b8-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?postshare=7921465748801168

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by STARGREEN(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
How do I understand this ?
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
R.I.P Mateen.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by thesicilian: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
ok
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by zlatan10(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
This statement might actually be true after all....
NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS BUT ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
She has seen food that will last her miserable existence for a month.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Uyi168: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
Curse unto i.slam nd all its followers...

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Ifeann(f): 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:
She has seen food that will last her miserable existence for a month.

ur more devout brothers killing while u defend them online. too afraid to practice real islam

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ifeann:

ur more devout brothers killing while u defend them online. too afraid to practice real islam
How did you know he's devout? is it because you haven't slept with an omar marteen before sad.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
madridguy:
R.I.P Mateen.

I hope you're joking.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
Funny how she thinks anyone cares about her opinion. She puts so much time into typing and copying this trash but she still remains irrelevant. Smh
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Ifeann(f): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:

How did you know he's devout? is it because you haven't slept with an omar marteen before sad.

go ask your imam

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ifeann:

go ask your imam
But he Isn't gay like your priests.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by MrDude: 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Just Imagine a world without Islam, there would be no conflict in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Kenya, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and many other places.

1.There would be no Islamic terrorist attacks and threats in Africa, Europe, US, Australia, Canada, China and Russia. There would be no influx of Muslim migrants and refugees in the West.

2.There would be no Jews and Arabs conflicts, Religious Apartheid in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Turkey, Brunei, Indonesia, Northern Nigeria, Gaza, Morocco, Tunisia, and many other Muslim countries where the Non-Muslims faces persecution just for being Non-Muslims, in the Gulf Arab States their citizens are forbidden to practice Non-Islamic faith and Atheist is declared as a terrorist.

3.There would be no totalitarian Monarchy dictators and theocratic Governments in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey, Mauritania, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Sudan, Brunei and other Muslim Countries.

4.There would be no Islamic Jihadists movement such as Isis, Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Isis, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Houthis, Hezbollah, Taliban, Al-Shabaab and other Islamic terrorist Groups.

5.There would be no movement to impose Islamic Sharia law worldwide. horrific Beheading, Flogging, Amputation, Stoning, Crucifixion, Gender Apartheid suffering of women and discrimination and extra-judicially killing of the Non-Muslims in the Muslim World.

6.There would be Separation of Religion from Government without Islam. Freedom of Speech, Press Freedom and Freedom of Religion.The Bloggers and Cartoonist will enjoy the freedom to mock any Ideology.

7.There will be no Airplane hijackers, Shoe bombers, Airport, Malls, underground train station, Churches and Temples Islamic suicide bombers and attackers.

8.There would be no State sponsored terrorism like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan and Iran.
----------
There will be less violence and barbarism around the World. the biggest challenge would be natural disasters instead of Islamic terrorism, Sunni vs Shiite conflicts and Global Islamism movement.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 3:35am On Jun 13, 2016
What made you think so?

VomeSchakleton:

I hope you're joking.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
What made you think so?

Why on earth would you wish this kaffir rest?
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 5:13am On Jun 13, 2016
Do you mean Mateen?

VomeSchakleton:

Why on earth would you wish this kaffir rest?
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 13, 2016
MrDude:
Just Imagine a world without Islam, there would be no conflict in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Kenya, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and many other places.

1.There would be no Islamic terrorist attacks and threats in Africa, Europe, US, Australia, Canada, China and Russia. There would be no influx of Muslim migrants and refugees in the West.

2.There would be no Jews and Arabs conflicts, Religious Apartheid in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Turkey, Brunei, Indonesia, Northern Nigeria, Gaza, Morocco, Tunisia, and many other Muslim countries where the Non-Muslims faces persecution just for being Non-Muslims, in the Gulf Arab States their citizens are forbidden to practice Non-Islamic faith and Atheist is declared as a terrorist.

3.There would be no totalitarian Monarchy dictators and theocratic Governments in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey, Mauritania, UAE, Bahrain, Iran, Sudan, Brunei and other Muslim Countries.

4.There would be no Islamic Jihadists movement such as Isis, Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Isis, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf, Houthis, Hezbollah, Taliban, Al-Shabaab and other Islamic terrorist Groups.

5.There would be no movement to impose Islamic Sharia law worldwide. horrific Beheading, Flogging, Amputation, Stoning, Crucifixion, Gender Apartheid suffering of women and discrimination and extra-judicially killing of the Non-Muslims in the Muslim World.

6.There would be Separation of Religion from Government without Islam. Freedom of Speech, Press Freedom and Freedom of Religion.The Bloggers and Cartoonist will enjoy the freedom to mock any Ideology.

7.There will be no Airplane hijackers, Shoe bombers, Airport, Malls, underground train station, Churches and Temples Islamic suicide bombers and attackers.

8.There would be no State sponsored terrorism like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Pakistan and Iran.
----------
There will be less violence and barbarism around the World. the biggest challenge would be natural disasters instead of Islamic terrorism, Sunni vs Shiite conflicts and Global Islamism movement.

You know nothing. Christians like boasting how the world would be less bloody without islam well first of all its impossible because that would mean there is no God. Secondly, if you understood even in the slightest the history and nature of the middle east you'd know that without the unifying factor of most these countries (islam), it'd be worse. You actually think these movements are about religion? It's politics small fry. Imagine the tweets by Isis after the attacks claiming they'll kill all the unbelievers, I don't think the most radical Muslim I've met can say that, nor can you even misinterprete any verse of the Quran that way, these people are a special brand of evil. You wonder what the world would be like without islam well there's a book written on that exact topic by a former CIA agent, I encourage you to read it. Don't go about saying frankly stuupid things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
Do you mean Mateen?

Yes, whatever his name is, the hell bound murderer.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 5:21am On Jun 13, 2016
Are you a Muslim?

VomeSchakleton:

Yes, whatever his name is, the hell bound murderer.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
Are you a Muslim?

Do you have to ask?
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 5:24am On Jun 13, 2016
Are you a Muslim YES or NO?

VomeSchakleton:

Do you have to ask?
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
Are you a Muslim YES or NO?

If you have to ask that that then I understand where you deficiency stems that you'd leap to the defense of a murderer.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 5:31am On Jun 13, 2016
Which court of law convicted him? Mateen of blesses memory is not Kaffir. Ramat Lahu ala Mateen.

VomeSchakleton:

If you have to ask that that then I understand where you deficiency stems that you'd leap to the defense of a murderer.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by udatso: 5:32am On Jun 13, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
Funny how she thinks anyone cares about her opinion. She puts so much time into typing and copying this trash but she still remains irrelevant. Smh
She is spreading the message of Christ.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by deeplow: 6:55am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
Which court of law convicted him? Mateen of blesses memory is not Kaffir. Ramat Lahu ala Mateen.

Big shame on you man. Big BIG shame. This is why non-muslims believe every muslim condones useless acts such as this. How on earth would you even have the conviction that he deserves peace? You need a reset man...hard reset.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Ifeann(f): 7:10am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:

the typical muslims view of islamic terror. we all know they are praised in muslim homes

1 Like

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by madridguy(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2016
I am a Muslim and not a terrorist. I don't care what people say about Islam let American feel what Syrian are facing too.

deeplow:

Big shame on you man. Big BIG shame. This is why non-muslims believe every muslim condones useless acts such as this. How on earth would you even have the conviction that he deserves peace? You need a reset man...hard reset.
Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by malvisguy212: 7:48am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:

someone kill fifty innocent people, and you adress him as blessed memory ? Seriously ? I can understand, he is not kaffir as you say because that what the quran command him to do, but blessed memory ? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:

Smh. Like I said, your deficiencies are quite clear. A so called Muslim went into a place shooting sporadically and you call him a hero? What because they were gay? What about the innocent ones that weren't? what's the difference between a gay person and a fornicator? Are they not all sinners? Is your conscience clear? The notion of targeting gay people when fornication and murder has been made the norm is hypocritical! What sort of image of Islam is he portraying? Who in his right mind would accept islam after he or someone close to him is affected by this? What if every sinner since the prophets time was wiped out? Umar bin khattab (Ra) and so many more wont be Muslims to day. Where would islam be without them? You need to start thinking like a human being rather than a blind mor.on who only sees things from one perspective. Use the brain Allah (swt) gave you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by deeplow: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2016
madridguy:
I am a Muslim and not a terrorist. I don't care what people say about Islam let American feel what Syrian are facing too.

It affects you more than it affects the Americans. With your views and ideologies, even i as a muslim, would never employ you or want you anywhere near me. You are a potential terrorist.

You are not a muslim by and at heart, you are a muslim by brain, and your actions are a reflection of the capacity of it. That's the only reason you'd support this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Man Who Killed 50 Was A Good Muslim, Here Is Why. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
someone kill fifty innocent people, and you adress him as blessed memory ? Seriously ? I can understand, he is not kaffir as you say because that what the quran command him to do, but blessed memory ? Smh

Kaffir Kaffir Kaffir! He's on an express train to hell because I trust Allah's judgment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reading Qur’aan With An Accent In Which Some Letters Such As Tha’ Are Altered / Performing Hajj With Unlawful Wealth / An Islamic View on Solar and Lunar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.