Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Sentinel.sys - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sentinel.sys (1954 Views)

Laptop Freezes On Window Startup And Freezes On Classpnp.sys Via Safe Mode / D-links Vs Link-sys / Nokia Phone+laptop+free Browser+solar Power Sys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sentinel.sys by t1m1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
has any1 encountered Blue Screen of Death caused by Sentinel.sys? let me know hw u got out of the mess.
Re: Sentinel.sys by PCbusayo(f): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2009
@t1m1 how do you know it was caused by sentinel.sys ? well, BSOD should look like this. it would helpful if you can post us the actual error mesage. x

Re: Sentinel.sys by t1m1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
PC busayo:

@t1m1 how do you know it was caused by sentinel.sys ? well, BSOD should look like this. it would helpful if you can post us the actual error mesage. x

Hi PC busayo,
In the blue screen you posted, the message is "The problem seems to be caused by the following file: SPCMDCON.SYS"
i.e
SPCMDCON.SYS seems to be the issue.
In the blue screen I encountered, that line is like "The problem seems to be caused by the following file: SENTINEL.SYS"

Any way out anybody?
Re: Sentinel.sys by billgatexp(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2009
just boot in safe mode,the uninstall some progs , open task manager and look for the process called sentinel and disable, thats all
Re: Sentinel.sys by deji2009(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2009
if you cant get into safe mode by pressing f8 or f5 and then F8 afterward then you need to reinstall your operating system back to factory settings. before you do that, do you mind telling us make & model VISTA OR XP
Re: Sentinel.sys by t1m1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2009
@ billgatexp: what if sentinel is an important process/program? in this case, i think it is!
@ deji2009: reinstalling may not be an option in this case - reason; the system hosts some mission critical libraries, dll etc. not off the shelve stuff that can be replaced that easily. in fact, the PC hosts a HSM adaptor and i don't want to kid with the libraries so as not to lose functionality.
Already, i'm considering cloning the disk, scan for malware on the clone then try to use the "neat" clone!
BTW, the OS is windows 2003 server!

thanks for ur input guys. i'm welcome to more insight/advise.
cheers y'all!
Re: Sentinel.sys by deji2009(m): 12:49am On Aug 30, 2009
@t1m1 you"re complicating this issue. BSOD(Blue screen of death) if you cant get into windows then there nothing else you can do other than to take your pc to a techician that will back all data and reinstall. or if you confident getting inside the laptop/pc try reseatting all component e.g RAM, HDD and beside that are you sure no external device attach to your laptop e.g. external hard drive or a network drive
Re: Sentinel.sys by t1m1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2009
deji2009:

@t1m1 you"re complicating this issue. BSOD(Blue screen of death) if you cant get into windows then there nothing else you can do other than to take your pc to a techician that will back all data and reinstall. or if you confident getting inside the laptop/pc try reseatting all component e.g RAM, HDD and beside that are you sure no external device attach to your laptop e.g. external hard drive or a network drive

@deji2009:
Am i really complicating the issue?! how?
1.) I v nt sd i cn nt access windows. sure it boots only the BSOD appears eerily frequently (sometimes 3ce per hr!).
2.) I sure don't need a technician to reset "components" for me, if need be, i can handle it myself.
3.) just thought to make use of this online fora JIC some1 has seen this particular problem before and how they handled it i.e just checking if any nairalander had created such wheel b4 so i dnt v 2 cr8 it agn!

10x 4 u contributn pal.
cheers
Re: Sentinel.sys by deji2009(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2009
@t1m1 basically the BSOD screen dissapears before you can read what on screen, is that correct ? if or not the case then

turn it off keep pressing F8 until you come to Advanced boot option and scroll down to Last known good configuartion or

you can try system restore in safe mode. alternatively do a hard drive and a Memory test. I will

attach a diagnose tool I use with customers at my work place, all you need is a blank CD-R OR +R follow on screen instrution after the wizard created the disk punch it into you drive and back on then it will ask you for hard drive or memoery test, go for hd test wait until it give you the result then try the Memory test just to let you know the memory test never finish so if it was running for 1hr and did not report any errors then it means youR RAM IS ok. this tool is vital so is up to you. it works with any makes of computers. Good luck

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=6917051000

(1) (Reply)

Vsat Installation Training In One (1) Week / I-direct MODEM For Sale / Enjoy Unlimited , Un-interupted Streaming &download Using MTN Maxi Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.