Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government (43854 Views)

Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria / RE-IPOB Names Jonathan Kurubo As Leader, Lists Soyinka, Gana For Talks With FG / Fashola Gives Conditions For Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
The Niger Delta Avengers, a group that has claimed responsibility for multiple attacks on oil and gas installations across the Niger Delta, says it is ready to engage the Nigerian government in dialogue.
But the group has given stringent conditions for any talks.

It is the first time the group has shown any interest discussing with the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The latest decision came barely a week after the government ordered troops in the oil-rich region to end onslaught against the militants.

In a statement signed by the its spokesman, Mudoch Agbinibo, the Avengers said it was ready to negotiate with the government if there are good grounds for such deliberation.

The group, however, said it was yet to see any signs the government had made new concessions.
“The high command of the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) is using this medium to restate that there are no new items to put on the table for dialogue, we only want a genuine attitude and conducive atmosphere that will make us commit to any proposed dialogue and last peace talk,” Mr. Agbinibo wrote in a statement posted on the Avengers’ Web site Monday afternoon.

“We want the federal government to commit members states of the multi national oil corporations to commit independent mediators to this proposed dialogue; we believed that it is only such environment that will engender genuine dialogue that will be aimed at setting up a framework for achieving the short, medium and long term demands of the Niger delta to de-escalating this conflict and bring about a lasting peace.”

In the meantime, the group said it would continue its assymetrical attacks on oil facilities on all delta states.

“The NDA high command is restating our commitment to attack the interest of oil corporation and international refineries operators that bring in vessels to the Niger delta territory to buy our oil that every successive government have refused to used and reapply the proceeds towards any development in the region since 1958. If they refuse be heed to our advice will result to sinking of two their mother vessel as an examples to others They should not undertake any repair of pipeline, oil and gas facilities that is damaged or attacked by our forces during this period of “Operation Red Economy” until and/or after the dialogue.”

The Avengers further stated that it was aware of a campaign to discredit its activities on social media, warning the government and others involved to be wary of dubious politicians.

“We are using medium to warn and condemn the activities of all brands of social media agitators being peddled around by some politicians to promote their criminal ways in affairs of the Niger Delta. This genuine spirit behind our struggle for the Niger Delta cannot be derailed on the basis of connivance by politician, traditional rulers, settled ex- agitators and criminals moving around to fill their pockets.”
In a strange turn, however, the group indicated that it may review its long-standing campaign to spare human lives in the course of its agitation, urging the government and oil companies across the region to desist from carrying out further repairs of vandalised oil installations.

“Finally, if need be we may review our earlier stance of not taking lives. We are going to redirect and reactivate all our activities if the government, oil companies and their services firms don’t heed to these modest warnings of not carrying out any repairs works and suspend the buying of crude oil from our region as we await the right atmosphere that will engender genuine dialogue.
“We want a peace with honour, not a peace of our time.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205216-breaking-niger-delta-avengers-gives-conditions-talks-nigerian-govt.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by kilokeys(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
oya what do we want sef?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by 123CarZ(m): 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
What are the conditions they gave the FGN

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by JBismarck(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Niger Delta scAvengers you mean. Rubbish.

Just so you know, WEST side is still the BEST Side

90 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by nelcliff(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Don't let some bloggers break ur heart with their headlines. visit NDA portal here to read and know abt their claims... www./

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Movic1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
NDA I no go comment o. Cox d last time i talk na ban i chop. cheesycheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by diegwu01: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
What ridiculous demand have they made this time?

They have asked for Nnamdi Kanu
They have asked for Dasuki
They ve asked for Corruption Charges to be dropped on all Niger Delta Disciples of Corruption.
They ve asked to be Named Directors of all Oil companies
they want to be the ones shipping and selling the crude oil abroad,

what would they want this time?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
diegwu01:
What ridiculous demand have they made this time?

They have asked for Nnamdi Kanu
They have asked for Dasuki
They ve asked for Corruption Charges to be dropped on all Niger Delta Disciples of Corruption.
They ve asked to be Named Directors of all Oil companies
they want to be the ones shipping and selling the crude oil abroad,

what would they want this time?

they want to re-colonise nigeria grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bad news for ipob.
I hope them n govt reach an agreement. This is their only choice as other militant has agreed for dialogue.

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Zico5(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
The only genuine condition the government can take to is social development of Niger delta, not the kangaroo agitation for the release of looters as the main deal for peace. We very much know those behind this evil and government should not relent to do balance and check just to get to the root of the matter before any deal.

12 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by CzarRex: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
i won't be suprise if they ask to become senate president sef

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by shamecurls(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hungry group fighting for there personal interest

18 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by worlexy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by shamecurls(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
MrTruth4real:
Bad news for ipob.
I hope them n govt reach an agreement. This is their only choice as other militant has agreed for dialogue.

grin grin grin
Bad news for Ugandans a.k.a Israelite's

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Efe3: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
I hope that they won't settle for the crumbles by taking silly pipeline surveillance contracts or amnesty money.

push for an independent country, kpata kpata settle for regionalism and true federalism.

anything less than this, it would be better the NDA never surfaced.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by firstolalekan(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
Militants are terrorists

FG should not have any discussion with these terrorists

TACTICAL FORCE IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
FIRE FOR FIRE
ARREST GEJ, PEJ, WIKE AND TOMPOLO (main culprit)

KILL THEM ALL!
angry angry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by sbabimbola(f): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
The lion claims to be king, is the king, king of the jungle..... but when the jungle is on fire, the lion will be on the run..........

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Tompolo at work grin cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by okuneddie(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
All we want is peace.....I pray they God expose those making the NDnas suffer.....meanwhile.....

"I once dated a girl 5 years younger than me I
was 22 she was 17
everythn was fine,, she was faithful and all.. I
mean we were perfect UNTIL...
I took her out to Mr. Biggs .. before they brought
the food they placed a fork and a knife ...to my
suprise the young bae picked a knife ...I was
wonderin wat she wanted to
do...She started scratching the table with a knife
so I looked a bit closer to find out she wrote
"Ngozi was here 2009"" I fainted"

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Lanretoye(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
I dey come
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hmm make govt no play oh before dem unleash the hulk for the region.

Avengers assemble
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by NJPot(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
nice move
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by gebest: 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
u guys are m.ad, warning the federal government, Buhari pls crush those idi.ots

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Integrityfarms(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
Will the Nigeria government ever assent to this demands
Time will tell!
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2016

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by Nelkoko: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
good illustration of fed govt n NDA

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2016
corrupt politicians bribing touts to force the government into a plea bargain.

Haa Nigeria

SMH.

& I'm not interested in the "Fighting for the struggle" lie pls

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by CR77(f): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
embarassed
Lanretoye:
I dey come
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government by demolinka(m): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
Make una just talk say una need money, instead of all this B.S

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militants Storm Cross Rivers State office, hold Deputy Governor Hostage / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter / On The Willful Denial Of The Gruesome Murder Of Gloria Matthew & AM Linus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.