Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,011 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

What Is The Saddest Thing You Have Heard A Child Say? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Saddest Thing You Have Heard A Child Say? (528 Views)

Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Saddest Thing You Have Heard A Child Say? by BizLifeE: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
When I picked my daughter up from Kindergarten, they were all in the obligatory "hug the teacher goodbye" line. Her turn came and she looked at the teacher and said,

"Maybe tomorrow you will like me better, Mrs. Bounds."

Worst mommy moment that I didn't get her out of there right then and there!

I have heard a range of excuses from students who struggled to do their homework assignments.

In a one on one conference, I asked this one student why was it so hard for him to get his homework done.

He looked up at me, and in his most heartfelt eleven year old voice said, "My mom took me to a psychic to find out why I wasn't good in school work. The psychic told her I used to be a doggie in my previous life and not to expect much."

That was the most alarming answer I have ever heard in my whole 25 plus years of teaching.

I remember feeling dumbstruck. I didn't know whether to laugh at the absurdity of his answer or cry for the helplessness of his situation.

I wish I could tell you how I responded. I don't know exactly. It was along the lines of, "let's just focus on this life and see what we can do together."

That was definitely an attention getting moment in my career!

Source: https://www.quora.com/Experiences-in-Life-What-is-the-saddest-thing-you-have-heard-a-child-say

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

6 Brilliant Facebook/whatsapp Messages For Father’s Day / Snapchat Allegedly Exposing Kids To Sexual Contents / Help And Advice Urgently Needed To Overcome Premature Death In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.