Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

It Was The Devil's Handiwork - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Was The Devil's Handiwork (2748 Views)

Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn" / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. / The Devil And Demons Don't Desire Heaven: Something Is Wrong With Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Was The Devil's Handiwork by johnydon22(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
"it was the devil's handiwork"

I find this one of the most irresponsible, sick, idiotic excuse ever given in human history, a very dangerous line of reason.

Last weekend a man of almost 40 raped a 13year old in our area, he was caught and as the police kept him in cuffs for all to see both him and the little innocent traumatized girl he just defiled.

He kept ranting "Please it was the devil's handiwork"

It got to the point holding back was almost impossible, i had to say out loud for everyone to hear

The only devil whose handiwork i see here is you and walked away both saddened and ashamed.

Ashamed for the animalistic level of human irresponsibility, knowing fully well that this was the most common excuse for perpetrators of despicable acts in our society especially one as starkly religious and superstitious as Nigeria.

such show of irresponsibility is a shame to the human reason, a blatant idiocy employed by a deceptive culpable to rid himself of both the blame, responsibilities of his actions while heaping them on an escape goat almost certainly an 'inexistent devil'.

It is even an equally wicked act as the one committed in the first place.

It is a sad reality, one that is heard almost on a daily basis from every corner of our society.

Never for one moment trust such a person who would blame something or someone else for his own actions such a person can kill you and blame it on something else

It was not the devil's handiwork, it was your action.

-If you act stupi_d, it wasn't the fault of a vague 'devil' no where to be found, it is because you are too stupi_d to stop yourself from doing stupi_d things.

I have looked at the human world, i have seen how man affects both himself and others around him and i can say:

The only angel there is or can be to other humans or species in this planet, the only angels capable of healing this planet is Us, humans.

The only devil threatening to rip this planet apart, the only devil to others and himself is us, humans.

Our actions are a direct result of our own wits and volition, not a grand puppet work by a devil.

Blaming the devil for your action is both wicked, shameful, irresponsible and disturbing.

It is always easy to notice the 'blame' chess in human play.

Most times blaming the victims for the actions of the perpetrator and most infantile blaming a vague abstract concept for the actions of a well sane human.

That is most absurd

- the devil did not build nuclear weapons, humans did

-the devil did not rape that girl neither is her dress the cause, Rape is the fault and responsibility of the rapist.

-The woman killed by Islamist was not because she insulted islam [that gives nobody the right to murder another]. The killers are sorely 100% responsible.

I have looked around and found a society in dire need of saving, a society gasping for breathe, a world where danger and disaster lurks and breezes.

the only threat to this planet is not Zombies, vampires, Devils, God(s) rapturing or destroying the earth or any other tales of Apocalypse you may assume.

The Only threat to this planet are humans who also deludes himself with the victim mindset of his preconceived fantasies and foes .

Man is a victim to no one but himself.

Only man can be either an angel or a devil to himself while at it remember what any line of action you choose to trail is neither the work of a God or the fault of a devil.

there are actions of your own making and a responsibility of none other but You

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by olasubomi007(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
FTC
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Johnny, so you stay in that area?! I stay very close to the place as well
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by johnydon22(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jadonjack:
Johnny, so you stay in that area?! I stay very close to the place as well

I live in Enugu, most certainly differs from the one you are referring to
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by myfantasies(f): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2016
Even now i come dey pity the devil cos people just dey put different kind of accusations for his head

1 Like

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
Humans actions are the direct reflection of who we are..

Just as the op has said, a person who is not man enough to take responsibilities for his actions is as dangerous as a fuel pipe in a transformer room.

Yes, I believe the man who raped that little gal needs help but no help rendered to him will be worth it until he stop blaming some supernatural being for his stupidity.

HUMANS!!! Let's stop blaming someone else for our actions... That is the only way we can move forward in this world

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by lepasharon(f): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
Religion breeds morality my foot

6 Likes

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by skywolf28(m): 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Religious pips be like
(1) i killed someone "it is the devil's work"

(2) i bought a new item "it is the work of god and glory
be to god"

(3) i used the item wrongly and there are consequences
"it is the devil's work" and not mine.

Human like blaming or giving credit to almost inexistent being's

Example a doctor successfully performed a heart surgery he will start saying "it is the work of god" and not by his doing

Then why the fuc-k did he go to medical school to learn how to perform the surgery when he could have stay in church and wait for the so called god to come and perform it grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
johnydon22:
"it was the devil's handiwork"

... You
nice piece my bro.

I don't believe man is absolutely free. We are all condionned by various factors, over which we sometimes have more or less control (Education, genetic dispositions, circumstances, societal norms, etc. This is however no reason, to blame any devil for our own actions.

If we are totally free, at least we exercice some measure of freedom, with our free will.
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by taurus25(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
skywolf28:
Religious pips be like

be to god"

Example a doctor successfully performed a heart surgery he will start saying "it is the work of god" and not by his doing

Then why the fuc-k did he go to medical school to learn how to perform the surgery when he could have stay in church and wait for the so called god to come and perform it grin
bros, i tire oo. people in this generation never cease to amaze me. How can someone have a headache, take paracetamol to cure the pain and when relieved thanks an imaginary being for his treatment?? like t.f oga you clearly took a drug na ... grin

One thing for sure is that modern medicine has done more good to this world than the fairytayles of all gods combined.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by frenchkiss16(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2016
Frenchkiss books a special seat. Following thread.
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Cc. lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2016
taurus25:

bros, i tire oo. people in this generation never cease to amaze me. How can someone have a headache, take paracetamol to cure the pain and when relieved thanks an imaginary being for his treatment?? like t.f oga you clearly took a drug na ... grin

One thing for sure is that modern medicine has done more good to this world than the fairytayles of all gods combined.
It still happened by the permission of God,so you still have to thank him.
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2016
One of the major defining problems facing us humans is the problem of our ego. We are too conceited and egoistic. Because of this, there is always a tendency in us to blame our shortcomings on forces outside ourselves. The tendency to blame forces outside ourselves persists even when it is clear that our flaws are purely a product of our personal qualities and decisions. We find it hard to take responsibility for our lapses. We never want to accept that we are the cause of our problems, even though it's obvious that we are, and so we find something else to blame it on.

It's still this same ego problem that causes us to ignorantly elevate ourselves to the position of being the most important species in the universe, and as such, we deserve more than what we have. That this earth isn't enough for us. That death isn't final. That after our lives on earth, we have somewhere better, prepared for us by our loving maker.

You see, excessive self evaluation breeds pride and dissatisfaction, and dissatisfaction breeds greed. And pride and greed can make people do and imagine crazy things.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Some years back, just as were approaching the Christmas period , there was a sharp rise in the number of road accidents on a particular highway close to where I reside. It all came to a head when a bus crashed through the fence of a church situated along the road.

Dead people. Blood. Ember month. The gods must be angry. A prayer conference was raised during which it was revealed by the Holy Ghost that the gods of the land wanted blood. Everyone was scared. They prayed. Binding and casting became a motto. All spiritual forces were dismembered. And then.. another accident.. another bus, same spot in the fence that hast just been repaired... the devil must be a liar.

Prayer conference was upgraded to fasting and prayer.The freshest olive oil was imported for anointing. Miracle crusades became the norm around the area. Old clothes were burnt, shrines, everything that felt devilish...

And the accidents stopped.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by CAPSLOCKED: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
THE ONLY GODS AND DEVILS THAT EXIST CAN BE FOUND HERE ON EARTH AMONGST US HUMANS.

WE ARE THE GODS, WE ARE THE DEVILS.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by CAPSLOCKED: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
skywolf28:
Religious pips be like

be to god"

MEHN... ..

IT PAINS ME SO MUCH THAT THERE ARE BILLIONS OF PASTORS AND HEALERS ON EARTH,
BUT NOT ONCE IN HISTORY AD HAS ANYONE REGENERATED ANY MISSING BODY PARTS AFTER BEING PRAYED FOR BY THESE GOD SENT WORKERS.

THEY THINK PRAYING FOR, AND CURING SOMEONE WITH HEADACHE OR MALARIA IS A MIRACLE.
WE'RE TIRED OF SEEING SUCH CHILDS PLAY.

TRY TO PRAY FOR AN AMPUTEE OR SOMEONE WITH THEIR EYES PLUCKED OUT OR SOMETHING. AND LET US SEE THOSE BODY PARTS GROW BACK..... ONLY THEN WILL I HAVE A CAUSE TO BELIEVE IN THE HEAVENLY SH!T.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by orisa37: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
It's English language that is absurd and confusing in this context. Humans act, interact and move in the influence of two Spirits. The Righteous Spirit and The Evil Spirit.. When you are confident, courageous, persevering, humble and responsible, no evil spirit is influencing you. The Devils spirit hunts you when you're ASHAMED, RESTLESS AND CONFUSED.
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
The Devil must always be at hand....

For how else will one explain deaths, evil events, accidents, natural disasters...

Not Autospies, not by studying events related to it, not by examining the roads and the cars, not by looking at the weather patterns.....

No, it must be the "evil ones", those who "do not want you to suceed".

No, it must be the devil......

Humans; we always place blame on things other than ourselves...

Never accepting responsibility; always shirking it to God(s)....

The day we start accepting our faults, we start moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by urahara(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

MEHN... ..

IT PAINS ME SO MUCH THAT THERE ARE BILLIONS OF PASTORS AND HEALERS ON EARTH,
BUT NOT ONCE IN HISTORY AD HAS ANYONE REGENERATED ANY MISSING BODY PARTS AFTER BEING PRAYED FOR BY THESE GOD SENT WORKERS.

THEY THINK PRAYING FOR, AND CURING SOMEONE WITH HEADACHE OR MALARIA IS A MIRACLE.
WE'RE TIRED OF SEEING SUCH CHILDS PLAY.

TRY TO PRAY FOR AN AMPUTEE OR SOMEONE WITH THEIR EYES PLUCKED OUT OR SOMETHING. AND LET US SEE THOSE BODY PARTS GROW BACK..... ONLY THEN WILL I HAVE A CAUSE TO BELIEVE IN THE HEAVENLY SH!T.

The lord knows best.

He has other plans for amputees. cool
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by johnydon22(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
SirWere:
The Devil must always be at hand....

For how else will one explain deaths, evil events, accidents, natural disasters...

Not Autospies, not by studying events related to it, not by examining the roads and the cars, not by looking at the weather patterns.....

No, it must be the "evil ones", those who "do not want you to suceed".

No, it must be the devil......

Humans; we always place blame on things other than ourselves...

Never accepting responsibility; always shirking it to God(s)....

The day we start accepting our faults, we start moving forward.

These are thoughts though consonants with reality has been preserved in the philosophy of man from the earliest stage of man's rational enquiry into his world.

As i highlighted in 'the songs of the world

So in the course of this overly uncaring and uncharted cosmic events man
kept seeing weird manifestations.

-A lightening could have zapped down one and instantly kills or injures him.
If there are these powerful beings that affects us and give us good things then
how possible was it that they now harm us?

The other rational and logical way around that should and must be to these
early humans; there are two types of these powerful beings that affects us.
Some of them are good that they give us good things like fire for our warmth,
rain our drinking pleasure and plants, fruits for our betterment, a friendly
sunshine, a bright day and good breezes to cool our body.

But what about much more aggressive events that seem more likely aiming at
killing us, what about that angry fast flash from the skies that would almost
certainly kill you,

or the quaking of the earth that doesn't know what is dear and what is not?

what about that strange illness that just happens and kills one of us?

what about great floods that render us homeless and floods our caves?

they couldn't have just happened for no reason at all.

No. it was very unlikely that these events be related or from one source, they
cannot be from the same beings.

They must be then evil powerful beings that would harm us just like they are
good ones that wants to help us.
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by hahn(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
God is blameless. The devil is an excuse for god's incompetence. Don't put the blame on god. It is not Akon tongue
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by CAPSLOCKED: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
urahara:

The lord knows best.

He has other plans for amputees. cool

LIKE LETTING THEM CRAWL AROUND THE WHOLE PLACE LIKE MILLIPEDES, IT SEEMS.

1 Like

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Rilwayne001: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

And the accidents stopped.

Woww!! At last, Glory be to God. cheesy
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by hahn(m): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Woww!! At last, Glory be to God. cheesy

A miracle is not when you pray for one person and the person gets healed. It is when you pray and no one falls ill ever again

undecided

1 Like

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by johnydon22(m): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
hahn:

A miracle is not when you pray for one person and the person gets healed. It is when you pray and no one falls ill ever again

undecided

Sarcasm
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by Rilwayne001: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
hahn:

undecided

Are you serious?

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by hahn(m): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Are you serious?

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by urahara(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

LIKE LETTING THEM CRAWL AROUND THE WHOLE PLACE LIKE MILLIPEDES, IT SEEMS.

Yes exactly the lord loves the way of tge millipide wink
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by taurus25(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
crusadistic:

It still happened by the permission of God,so you still have to thank him.
that is what you choose to make yourself believe. Btw drugs cure atheists too. There"s no point saying you were healed by supernatural means when you took a drug(natural) to that effect.

so, unfortunately when the drug fails to cure you resort to blaming another imaginary character because it makes everything very convienient and very well explained.

2 Likes

Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by jnrbayano(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
taurus25:

Some other person took the exact drugs to cure an exact ailment but didn't live....so?
Re: It Was The Devil's Handiwork by urahara(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
jnrbayano:

Some other person took the exact drugs to cure an exact ailment but didn't live....so?

shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Akinola's Failure To Notice The Log In His Own Eye? / Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Did JEPHTHAH Offer His Daughter As A Burnt Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.