Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

2016 Nigeria Population Census. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Nigeria Population Census. (3144 Views)

What Is Population Census And Why Do We Need It? / By NBS Estimates, Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million. Kano State Leads / Why We Need N222 Billion To Conduct Nigeria’s 2018 Census – NPC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Nigeria Population Census. by optional1(f): 1:04am On Jun 14, 2016
I am still wondering why National Population Census have not start up till now since popuplation census is every 10years,
the last Census was 2006.

Why haven't the National Population Commission (NPC) says any thing yet about the commencement of the exercise or is the head counting not holding this year as planned?

Please those anyone have any idea why the census wont hold this year.

1 Share

Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by Ademusiwa1: 1:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Do you want me to show you pictures.

They. Have drone take the pictures
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 14, 2016
i think it was shifted to next year but am not too sure due to lie mohammed ish
anyways, if they dont rig it as usual, it will go a long way to let us know how much we are i mean SE and boost our preparations for our exit.
take it or leave it, we must exit this zoo
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by youngest85(m): 5:42am On Jun 14, 2016
optional1:
I am still wondering why National Population Census have not start up till now since popuplation census is every 10years,

Why haven't the National Population Commission (NPC) says any thing yet about the commencement of the exercise or is the head counting not holding this year as planned?

Coz buhari is currently sick
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by ibez007(m): 5:51am On Jun 14, 2016
OP!,

CHANGE ti take-over!.

More-over, in Nigeria of nowadays, your moniker can do the Answering!.

**optional
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by abdulskulboy(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2016
optional1:

it will hold in 2017 by FG
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 14, 2016
optional1:

The country is in recession that's why
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by donsteady(m): 7:05am On Jun 14, 2016
optional1:

The truth is, FG is broke, can't finance
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by Rajosh(m): 8:12am On Jun 14, 2016
it's been shifted to next year on grounds of insufficient finance.
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by Horus(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Ymm8HOVEc

[size=14pt]2016 Census: Nigeria is not prepared - Nat'l Population Commission[/size]

The National Population Commission through it's chairman officially declared that the commission was not prepared to conduct Nigeria's anticipated national population census scheduled for 2016. The population boss attributed this failure to unpreparedness, lack of facilities and technicalities; the gaffer announced 2017 as the new date for the exercise. This disclosure was made during the oversight visit by the Senate Committee on ICT to the commission's headquarters in Abuja. The Chairman of the committee Senator Abdulfatai Buhari stated that the legislative arm of government was willing to facilitate activities in sensitive government establishments like the NPC and ICT was key to this. He therefore pledged the committee's commitment to address debilitating issues that appear to alter the success of the forthcoming census exercise.
Re: 2016 Nigeria Population Census. by optional1(f): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2016
Horus Rajosh donsteady asuustrike2009 abdulskulboy ibez007 Ademusiwa1 youngest85 Txonyi
Hello dear gud morning,

sorry to bother you I need ur help on d ongoing miss nairaland contest pls vote for optional1
I vote optional1
cc. NLJega
please help me to scale pass this round. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment / Anonymous, Lorian Synaro Explains Why They Hack Multiple Govt. Websites / Fulani Terrorist And Bandits Entering Oke Ogun -south West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.