Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter (7273 Views)

FG Records N1.064trn Half-year Revenue Shortfall / FG Records N193.22bn Deficit In April-CBN / FG Records N916bn Revenue Shortfall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by Pavarottii(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2016
Anytym I remember how APC was making mouth b4 d elections. Their zombies tot as they entered things will be better. But since dey came on board. Everything has been going south. No positives.

They will soon auction Nigeria on Ebay soon.

Oya Zombies come and defend ur father Buhari oooo... grin

1 Like

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by Okwula: 8:30am On Jun 14, 2016
lorbah001:

Do you guys read @all

*The dip in oil earnings was attributed
to a sharp drop in oil and gas export,
low price of crude oil in the
international market and the
persistent disruption in petroleum
export due to vandalism and
production shut-ins*

Kudos to this administration

*Nigeria also earned
$1.02 billion from its non-oil exports
during the period, and this represents
an increase of 38.6 percent or $393.7
million (N78.7bn) over the amount
earned in the same period of 2015*

#i believe buhari means well for this nation

Is this the first time you're hearing of pipeline vandalism or global drop in oil price?

2 Likes

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by win1234: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2016
The increase in non oil revenue, is it not the one we are paying with our incomes as a result of increase in custom duty? This govt is a failure.

1 Like

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by jtwest(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2016
Early morning bad news
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by adanny01(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2016
daveyjay:
An increase in non-oil revenue...hmmm probably from aqriculture! This northerners are usinq our heads oh! The federal qovernment keep tellinq us about diversifyinq the economy and they project huqe capital into the aqricultural sector! The aqric sector of Niqeria is the NORTH, so they want to use national revenue to develop the north them later seek freedom from Niqeria...who's deceivinq who??!

I am disappointed with your opinion. How did you think Nigeria was able to afford exploration of the south and found the oil you so much proud yourselves on. How did Nigeria afford investments in the sector that led to the mining of the oil. Before Nigeria ever had oil, North had farmers that fed and provided FX for this nation and the west had cocoa, what did the south have then?

My father sent my mother to school and he is now retired while she is a director. Does that mean their marriage is over because she is now the bread winner?

1 Like

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by javispj(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2016
angry God will never forgive all this politicians both past n present... still killing a dead country. people wicked sha
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by donguutti: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2016
adanny01:

I am disappointed with your opinion. How did you think Nigeria was able to afford exploration of the south and found the oil you so much proud yourselves on. How did Nigeria afford investments in the sector that led to the mining of the oil. Before Nigeria ever had oil, North had farmers that fed and provided FX for this nation and the west had cocoa, what did the south have then?

My father sent my mother to school and he is now retired while she is a director. Does that mean their marriage is over because she is now the bread winner?

Please stop saying Nonsense, do countries pay for oil exploration or is it companies that do So, maybe you should get
Daniel yergins books and read how oil exploration activities are funded, instead of continuing with Your cocoa and
groundnut drivel,Its ignorance,

Even today,does Nigeria pay her JV costs from your taxes,cocoa or farms(imagine stupidity) or from earnings
from the Oil wells themselves.Would you wake up tomorrow and say your taxes paid for the Oil.The investment
were made by the Oil majors, that is why Nigeria sells rights/leases to prospect and mine.OPLs and OMLs,

2 Likes

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by adanny01(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2016
donguutti:

Please stop saying Nonsense, do countries pay for oil exploration or is it companies that do So, maybe you should get
Daniel yergins books and read how oil exploration activities are funded, instead of continuing with Your cocoa and
groundnut drivel,Its ignorance,

Even today,does Nigeria pay her JV costs from your taxes,cocoa or farms(imagine stupidity) or from earnings
from the Oil wells themselves.Would you wake up tomorrow and say your taxes paid for the Oil.The investment
were made by the Oil majors, that is why Nigeria sells rights/leases to prospect and mine.OPLs and OMLs,

No matter what you say, you need to tell me how the Nigerian economy was funded before oil export started. Did the Niger Delta agitate to leave Nigeria before then or did the North agitate to send Niger delta out of Nigeria?

Its still akin to a successful sibling telling his other siblings how God gave him special intelligence which only he must benefit from. What ever proceeds he has from his intelligence should only be spent by him alone.
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by sadediji2(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2016
maximunimpact:
The Federal Government recorded a deficit of N725.18 billion in its fiscal operations in the first quarter of 2016, according to data released yesterday by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN. Nigeria also earned $1.02 billion from its non-oil exports during the period, and this represents an increase of 38.6 percent or $393.7 million (N78.7bn) over the amount earned in the same period of 2015.

The CBN, in its Economic Report for the First Quarter of 2016, attributed the deficit to an expenditure of N1.23 trillion, over retained earnings of N505.1 billion in the period under review. The deficit, the report said, was a result of a decline in oil and non-oil revenues and a rise in capital expenditure in the quarter under review.

The dip in oil earnings was attributed to a sharp drop in oil and gas export, low price of crude oil in the international market and the persistent disruption in petroleum export due to vandalism and production shut-ins.

According to the report, the estimated fiscal deficit of N725.18 billion indicated an increase of 178.6 percent above the 2015 provisional quarterly budget deficit of N260.25 billion. The CBN also stated that the Federal Government’s expenditure for the first quarter was 3.4 percent higher than the provisional quarterly budget estimate, but was below level in the fourth quarter of 2015 by 20.3 percent.

Specifically, breakdown of total expenditure showed that recurrent expenditure accounted for 72.8 percent of the total, while capital and statutory transfers accounted for 18 and 9.2 percent, respectively.

In the recurrent expenditure aspect, the report noted that non-debt component accounted for 72.7 percent, while debt service payments accounted for the balance of 27.3 percent. Using provisional data, CBN further stated that the Federal Government’s retained revenue for the first quarter of 2016, of N505.07 billion was below the receipts in the fourth quarter of 2015 by 37.5 percent.

Giving a breakdown of government’s total revenue, the report disclosed that Federation Account accounted for 81.6 percent of the total, while Independent Revenue, Value Added Tax, VAT, and others, comprising the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC’s Refund and Exchange Gain, accounted for 8.0, 5.6 and 4.8 percent, respectively.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/14/fg-records-n725bn-deficit-first-quarter/
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by sadediji2(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2016
sadediji2gist post=46551749]The Federal Government recorded a deficit of N725.18 billion in its fiscal operations in the first quarter of 2016, according to data released yesterday by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN. Nigeria also earned $1.02 billion from its non-oil exports during the period, and this represents an increase of 38.6 percent or $393.7 million (N78.7bn) over the amount earned in the same period of 2015.

The CBN, in its Economic Report for the First Quarter of 2016, attributed the deficit to an expenditure of N1.23 trillion, over retained earnings of N505.1 billion in the period under review. The deficit, the report said, was a result of a decline in oil and non-oil revenues and a rise in capital expenditure in the quarter under review.

The dip in oil earnings was attributed to a sharp drop in oil and gas export, low price of crude oil in the international market and the persistent disruption in petroleum export due to vandalism and production shut-ins.

According to the report, the estimated fiscal deficit of N725.18 billion indicated an increase of 178.6 percent above the 2015 provisional quarterly budget deficit of N260.25 billion. The CBN also stated that the Federal Government’s expenditure for the first quarter was 3.4 percent higher than the provisional quarterly budget estimate, but was below level in the fourth quarter of 2015 by 20.3 percent.

Specifically, breakdown of total expenditure showed that recurrent expenditure accounted for 72.8 percent of the total, while capital and statutory transfers accounted for 18 and 9.2 percent, respectively.

In the recurrent expenditure aspect, the report noted that non-debt component accounted for 72.7 percent, while debt service payments accounted for the balance of 27.3 percent. Using provisional data, CBN further stated that the Federal Government’s retained revenue for the first quarter of 2016, of N505.07 billion was below the receipts in the fourth quarter of 2015 by 37.5 percent.

Giving a breakdown of government’s total revenue, the report disclosed that Federation Account accounted for 81.6 percent of the total, while Independent Revenue, Value Added Tax, VAT, and others, comprising the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC’s Refund and Exchange Gain, accounted for 8.0, 5.6 and 4.8 percent, respectively.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/14/fg-records-n725bn-deficit-first-quarter http://sadediji2gist..com
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by donguutti: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2016
adanny01:

No matter what you say, you need to tell me how the Nigerian economy was funded before oil export started. Did the Niger Delta agitate to leave Nigeria before then or did the North agitate to send Niger delta out of Nigeria?

Its still akin to a successful sibling telling his other siblings how God gave him special intelligence which only he must benefit from. What ever proceeds he has from his intelligence should only be spent by him alone.

do i have to knock it into your brain, ask yourself..."Do i have any figures showing that forex before Crude oil
was from Northern farmers and Cocoa".If yes..can you show those figures to Donguutti..if no am i wrong,
Do you know the Nigerian Economy before oil was regional...Thus if the North earned from groundnut,
The money went to the north and Not the Nigerdelta.

You have evidence of What Awolowo used Cocoa money to do in Western Nigeria,Can you point 1 thing Cocoa money built in The
Niger delta, except that which exists in you ignorance.If you sibling decided Not to give you any benefit from his ability, is it illegal.
If you decide to spend your money without giving you siblings or Family....is it wrong,what if the siblings spent their money without
giving You?

You should learn to not to stand firm on the altar of Ignorance

2 Likes

Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by MrGerald(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
lorbah001:

Do you guys read @all

*The dip in oil earnings was attributed
to a sharp drop in oil and gas export,
low price of crude oil in the
international market and the
persistent disruption in petroleum
export due to vandalism and
production shut-ins*

Kudos to this administration

*Nigeria also earned
$1.02 billion from its non-oil exports
during the period, and this represents
an increase of 38.6 percent or $393.7
million (N78.7bn) over the amount
earned in the same period of 2015*

#i believe buhari means well for this nation
And you believe it would not increase more than that if the past administration is still in power? The increase in non-oil export still small regarding how huge fg/ country is.
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by MXrep: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
increase in non-oil is as a result of increase in custom duties and fuel price which impoverish the mases more, we all know agric and manufacturing are doing poorly
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by yaki84: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
NigerDeltan:

I stop reading the moment i saw this
Which capital expenditure please?

buhari travels, osinbajo visitations, lai propaganda scheme, aisha waka, kachikwu tour etc r all capital expenditures.
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by adanny01(m): 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
donguutti:

do i have to knock it into your brain, ask yourself..."Do i have any figures showing that forex before Crude oil
was from Northern farmers and Cocoa".If yes..can you show those figures to Donguutti..
if no am i wrong,
Do you know the Nigerian Economy before oil was regional...Thus if the North earned from groundnut,
The money went to the north and Not the Nigerdelta.

You have evidence of What Awolowo used Cocoa money to do in Western Nigeria,Can you point 1 thing Cocoa money built in The
Niger delta, except that which exists in you ignorance.If you sibling decided Not to give you any benefit from his ability, is it illegal.
If you decide to spend your money without giving you siblings or Family....is it wrong,what if the siblings spent their money without
giving You?

You should learn to not to stand firm on the altar of Ignorance

I know for a fact that the ignorant do not know they are and most times would like to keep dwelling in it by claiming to be most enlightened.

Secondly, i always like to remain on point and never insist to have my point taken. In other words, its your choice to make sense of my point or stay with yours (the latter being what most ignorant people do).

Though am confused as to whether you want me or you to find figures to show as proof of my point. I find this plain ridiculous and an argumentative mischief. If you wish to contest the fact that Nigeria's economy before the 60's relied on agriculture, just say so but dont ask me for figures and statistics because it makes me feel like am arguing with a primary school pupil.

If groundnuts were produced in the north and cocoa from the west while both are exported, are you saying you dont know the relationship of export income to the economy of Nigeria? Are you sure you are an adult? Are you saying if Erisco foods or Dangote flour mills export processed tomatoes and flour respectively, Nigeria as a country has zero benefit from it? Or, do you think only Eric Umeofia, Dangote and the farmers of tomatoes and wheat are the only ones who benefit. Have you ever heard the word TAX. Is Dangote going to build his personal house in Nigeria with the Dollars he was paid from his export. Where do you think the dolllars ends up? In your view, how does the north benefit from groundnut when not all states in the north produce it?

I sure dont have the time or patience to continue typing so i can educate you. I dont expect you to be reading headlines, you need to know how the economy works and what moves it.

Was Awolowo an exporter of cocoa? I command some sense into you in the name of your diety (i dont want to call the name of my God in vain).

If my sibling will not assist me in my trouble times, i guess thats it. He still will not be able to erase our relationship neither can i. Our children will just grow up with hate and his children will ask, daddy, dont we have cousins? And he will say the are poor. Then your own children will repeat the last generation while you are wondering what ever happened.

I have a trip to make, i wont bother to reply you when i get to my destination hopefully.
Re: FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter by Saladin1: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
maximunimpact:

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/14/fg-records-n725bn-deficit-first-quarter/

From the above it is obvious that the economy is not doing too badly, it is just that it is performing below the FG budget estimate. Let's not forget that the 2016 budget estimate is around 6 trillion naira as against 3 trillion naira for the year 2015. The article is just telling us that the budget performed below FG's estimate but above the first quarter of year 2015 and still only behind the fourth quarter of 2015. The reason for the fall in expectations is as a result of low price of oil, short down of oil and gas export due to pipeline vandalism. This I think is understandable but the FG need to put their thinking cap on because Nigerians will not accept failure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Opens Public Hearing On Vote-buying / Anambra Former Governor, Mr. Peter Obi Acquires ₦650 Million Naira Manson In Enu / From Grass To Grace, The Ya'aduas In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.