Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:38 AM

You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck (10413 Views)

You Can Browse With Mtn Bis Free / How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN / How Do I Connect My Bis To Pc So I Can Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2009
Hello NL

a ramadan present for iphone users using the mtn network, if you couldnt send mms or browse the web before,

then i am pretty sure you will, now that you have a customized carrier update created by me. what is included here??

well, tethering is supported, MMS, automatic voice mail, erm Internet access etc,

how do you install? just download , save it on yur desktop, erm open up itunes, connect yur iphone to yur computer

hold the shift key and click on the update button and follow instructions. its works trust me, got any problems, let me know

Note; unfortuately, i cant post it here becos of file types so if yu want it, drop yur email and i will do my best to send it to u

thank you
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by TolaniLuv: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
tolani.parker@yahoo.com I don't seem to get what you are sayin, I can browse on my Iphone but I can't send MMS.
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2009
@ tolaniluv

congrats on yur browsing capabilities. when apple introduces a new service,

its releases updates thru itunes and this updates actually dont come from apple

but from your carrier which in yur case is MTN. now since MTN Nigeria is not supported

and has no links with apple, there is need for a custom update to be created so that services

such as MMS, Tethering(Using yur Iphone wit yur comp) and internet services can be used.

this is the whole ideal. with the update i am about to send you, yur MMS will be activated. will send it in a lit bit
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by Ola3tag(m): 5:55am On Aug 30, 2009
grin ola3tag@yahoo.com broda i need this stuff insta i beg dash me for my mail box thanx alot much luv broda
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2009
Ola3tag & Tolaniluv, yu got mail
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by turawafett(f): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2009
need it please turawafetty@yahoo.com
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
@ turawafett

you got mail
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by TolaniLuv: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Moonraker
I just sent you a mail. Its urgent!
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by loopylove: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
pls kindly explain more to me on this email address, nautytaxx@yahoo.com, let me know when you send it, i am using iphone 3G, i can browse on it but cant send MMS, and the amount MTN charges are too high for the browsing, anything to do about that? i will appreciate your mail, thank you and have a wonderful month full of blessing and a happy new month to all my fellow naija pals on NL,

nautytaxx@yahoo.com
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by arsenal4va(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ moon

what version of itunes are u using ?

am finding it difficult to upload
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2009
@ arsenal4eva

I am using Itunes version 8.2. heres the deal, try this

In your Iphone page on itunes, hold down the shift key on yur keyboard]

and press restore, locate where yu stored the file and select it. its should

work find now,

@ loopylove

the file link is on this thread. look above,

as for charges, i really dont know becos cos i dont stay in nigeria.

i came up with this plan to help my guys bck in lagos and its worked for them

so i figured its did work for you, you cannot find anything like this on the internet,

so i didnt steal this. MTN Nigeria doesnt support the Iphone,

Now, as for the explaination, everything is written on the thread,
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by tk22ng: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2009
tk22ng@yahoo.com
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2009
@ tex

am glad it worked for you, am working on the apn for reduced mms rates. present rate

is 60 naria. a friend of mine working for mtn shd come thru for me soon,

once agin, am glad it worked for you, spread the word,
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by mightyman1759: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2009
i have an iphone and i subscribed for the MTN browsing that you pay 5 k monthly payment. but i cant send mms. So i need the software and i hope i will be able to use it because i dont understand what yu said in your thread. mightyman1759@yahoo.com hope to receive it soon.
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by Djmoe: 11:04am On Sep 03, 2009
imouduayonote@yahoo.com tanx
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 11:07am On Sep 03, 2009
@ mightyman

really?? u dont understand what i am saying??

ok, let me break it down,

what i am offering is not a software but a custom update made by moi to help nigerians with iphones using the mtn network so that they can browse, send mms and use yur iphone as a modem, this is what i am trying to say,

btw, the link for the file is on this thread. look very well. also TeX has provided in simple english how to install this on yur device,

thank you
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2009
@ loopylove

ok, at least i knw yur using win vista

now heres what yu do, go to start button, type cmd , right click on cmd and select run as administrator,

then copy and paste the command that TEX stated into CMD and the hit enter, the start the whole installation process.

its should work fine now,
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by loopylove: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2009
@ moonraker i just did but seems the path is invalid,

this is what i got when i just did the operation you told me,

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>C:\ProgramFiles\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testin
g 1
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows\system32>

Please can you try it yourself on your computer and see if the link is valid??, i mean the command TEX gave me!!!seems the command is not valid! or maybe i don;t fully get it.!!, PLEASE HELP!!

thanks so much, you are really great!!
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by moonraker(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2009
@ loopy

try this

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

run as admin and make sure that yur iphone is connected with yur comp

and that itunes is open at the time of running the command. if this doesnt work, try the first command

but make sure itunes is open and yur device is connected,
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by texazzpete(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ah, i see where the issue comes from

I originally wrote
C:\ProgramFiles\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

However, you'll notice that the path is actually supposed to be 'Program Files', not 'Programfiles'. That's why you're getting the invalid path error.

So enter it like this

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Remember, you need the space between Program and Files, and the double quotes are neccessary whenever there are spaces in your path.

Run it like this again, should work.

Loopylove, my bad for the typo.
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by adebayo111: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2009
Can operamini work on iphone
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by adebayo111: 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2009
Can operamini work on iphone
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by kingof: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
teetoo_world@yahoo.ca
tnx bro i will appreciate it
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by dogzymallo: 1:05am On Sep 23, 2009
this is my email add pls send it for me asapp ikobily4ever@yahoo.com
Re: You Got An Iphone? You Use Mtn? Can Browse Or Send Mms? Yur In Luck by arsenal4va(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2009
hi moon

any way to get the ipcc file loaded via itunes 9 ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Your Mobile Phone Quality / Most Expensive Phone In Nigeria / Yoruba Bible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.