Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55851 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
NaLaugh:
wanderlustian

Nice account of your adventures. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend you download an offline version of Google Translate or any similar app to your phone.

Being able to communicate a few words in the native language could make all the difference in getting proper directions from a local. This could save you a world of headache, as missing one of your buses could ruin your itinerary for the day.

Keep moving. smiley

Great tip! I appreciate this. Helped me get unlost! Lolz. Was able to find my way back after almost 1hr of trekking and pushing stroller. I don suffer no be small! Lolz!

9 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
regencyxpress:
wanderlustian i sight u

Yes Boss! I'm loyal
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by adigunomomama(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Following this thread bumper2bumper

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Ralphlauren(m): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
wanderlustian:

Great tip! I appreciate this. Helped me get unlost! Lolz. Was able to find my way back after almost 1hr of trekking and pushing stroller. I don suffer no be small! Lolz!

Awww. Pele dear.

I'm enjoying your updates.

How are you coping with preparing your baby's meals, when she's tired of the buggy, etc.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NaLaugh: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
wanderlustian:

Glad you found it useful.

Also, an offline GPS nav like "GPS Navigation & Maps Sygic" or "Navmii GPS World (Navfree)" could come in handy, in places you can't find wifi for Google Maps.

They offer pedestrian mode as well, so it should work for you on foot. Have fun.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 5:47am On Jul 05, 2016
NaLaugh:

Glad you found it useful.

Also, an offline GPS nav like "GPS Navigation & Maps Sygic" or "Navmii GPS World (Navfree)" could come in handy, in places you can't find wifi for Google Maps.

They offer pedestrian mode as well, so it should work for you on foot. Have fun.

You are sooo bae!!! Chop knuckle!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 5:55am On Jul 05, 2016
Ralphlauren:

Awww. Pele dear.

I'm enjoying your updates.

How are you coping with preparing your baby's meals, when she's tired of the buggy, etc.
I feed her adult food when we are on the move, also have these baby meals in glass jars. They serve as lunch or dinner and she's also bottle fed. I wash the bottles before I sleep at night. There's hot water everywhere so it's easy for me to sanitize the bottles overnight.

My baby is very special, we've been on the move since she was 7 days old, as long as she's seeing people and the buggy keeps moving, she doesn't fuss. But in a worse case scenario, I strap her to my back with a wrapper.

Yesterday, the wrapper served the good purpose of a blanket when we got lost at the lake. We kukuma joined oyinbos and laid down on the grass under the shades! She had a swell time crawling around. It hurt me that I could not put her on swings and horse rides, she's still very young sad

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:08am On Jul 05, 2016
I slept like someone that went to the farm. All that trekking made my body hurt!

Ok, let me rewind a bit to the bus ride into Italy.

Like Kexorcist said Switzerland is very scenic!
The landscape is breathtaking and a must see for everyone.

The bus took us through the mountains, in tunnels, and I think sometimes up the mountains because altitudes made my ears pop a bit. The mountains peak into the clouds with beautiful waterfalls from different sides of the mountains.

I was drawn to tears admiring the splendour! Gosh!

I couldn't get really good pictures because it was really foggy and cloudy, and the bus was in motion. I'm going to upload more pictures from the camera. BRB

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Pictures from the Swiss Alps mountains

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Just as we approach the Switzerland Italy border, before we came off at Como. The bus was heading to Bolognia, which is not in our plan.

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NePro: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2016
Enjoy the nice weather..you choosed the right time for this kind of travel enjoy dear...trying to swim off my ass in this beautiful sea heeheheh

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 05, 2016
Wow what a lovely thread! Thanks for sharing Wanderlustian! cheesy

I am so going to try this next year with my family by God's grace. We Nigerians na so-so to dey carry plenty money go shopping dey buy designer this and that, dey snap in front of Burj or Harrods or Time square....mcheeew.

God has blessed this world with free beauty that we all can enjoy (Well, apart from the visa and plane ticket). But I'm sure you get my drift.

A big kiss to your precious daughter she is definitely inherited that wanderlust gene from her mama, this one wey she just dey jejely free make you you just dey carry am go upanadan. She is such a sport!!!

Looking forward to more pics hun!

11 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
parisienne:
Wow what a lovely thread! Thanks for sharing Wanderlustian! cheesy

I am so going to try this next year with my family by God's grace. We Nigerians na so-so to dey carry plenty money go shopping dey buy designer this and that, dey snap in front of Burj or Harrods or Time square....mcheeew.

God has blessed this world with free beauty that we all can enjoy (Well, apart from the visa and plane ticket). But I'm sure you get my drift.

A big kiss to your precious daughter she is definitely inherited that wanderlust gene from her mama, this one wey she just dey jejely free make you you just dey carry am go upanadan. She is such a sport!!!

Looking forward to more pics hun!

This was so spot on!!! lolz! Thanks for your nice message! More update coming up!

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
NePro:
Enjoy the nice weather..you choosed the right time for this kind of travel enjoy dear...trying to swim off my ass in this beautiful sea heeheheh
Please share! Where is this let me come and join you!!!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NaLaugh: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
wanderlustian:

You are sooo bae!!! Chop knuckle!

**knuckle chopped**

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Kexorcist(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
wanderlustian:
I slept like someone that went to the farm. All that trekking made my body hurt!

The bus took us through the mountains, in tunnels, and I think sometimes up the mountains because altitudes made my ears pop a bit. The mountains peak into the clouds with beautiful waterfalls from different sides of the mountains.

I couldn't get really good pictures because it was really foggy and cloudy, and the bus was in motion. I'm going to upload more pictures from the camera. BRB

I am loving the pictures.

Here's a primer for Italy. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6dFEtb06nw

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by BlackMerchant(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Following this refreshing thread.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Snap your self and baby let's see.. join oyinbos also
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
smithsydny:
Snap your self and baby let's see.. join oyinbos also

I wish I could but my privacy is kind of important embarassed

13 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
wanderlustian:

I wish I could but my privacy is kind of important embarassed
ouch no wahala ma'am. Just dey snap your leg with oyinbos

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Ralphlauren(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
wanderlustian:

I can totally relate to this.

The first time I visited Switzerland I was totally in awe of its beauty. Gosh! It's fair to say that God spent 8 days creating that country. The scenery, the Alps and even their architecture (houses built on sloppy mountains) just blows one mind away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
I planned to rest today... but I got itchy feet. I don't think I got enough out of Switzerland... and someone told me Switzerland is a stone throw away from Como... The bus came in via a different route... through the mountains, and I got to understand there's another border just close by. Just in case you are wondering:

"Como sits at the southern end of the western branch of Lake Como in northern Italy. It's the most important town on the lake, with a long history, lively streets and a busy waterfront. Como has excellent transport connections, being just half an hour from Milan by train and only a few miles from Italy's border with Switzerland. Ferries and buses run up and down the lake's shores, and little seaplanes take off from the waters close to town. A funicular climbs up the hillside to offer panoramic views. Como isn't the most atmospheric or relaxing place to stay on the lake, but it is a practical overnight base and there's plenty to do. Even if you are simply passing through, it is worth taking a short time to see the town centre"

For the fun of it, we drove to Switzerland so I could see the border. Crazy isn't it?

There's a shopping mall called Fox Town at Centri Commerciale.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Roamed around in the mall for a bit, bought myself a Michael Kors bag for 69 Swiss Francs. grin grin grin grin *feeling smug*. Also bought an outfit for the lil lady from RalphLauren children.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
We return to Como after about 30 mins in the mall, my pocket was ringing alarm!!! Soon we are back at the border. Crossing like a bawse! grin, only not on foot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ralphlauren:

I can totally relate to this.

The first time I visited Switzerland I was totally in awe of its beauty. Gosh! It's fair to say that God spent 8 days creating that country. The scenery, the Alps and even their architecture (houses built on sloppy mountains) just blows one mind away.

I keep wondering, how is it even possible? shocked Just look at the houses on the mountain. If you look closely, you will see there is even a road leading there

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
smithsydny:
ouch no wahala ma'am. Just dey snap your leg with oyinbos

Ok na! Just for you, my next pic go be with them Oyinbo
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Ralphlauren(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
wanderlustian:

I keep wondering, how is it even possible? shocked Just look at the houses on the mountain. If you look closely, you will see there is even a road leading there

I agree. It's just amazing.

I remember the first time I drove through one of their long tunnels built through a massive mountain. It's a beautiful country with lovely people.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
But we have house on the mountain in kogi state enroute Abuja.. grin grin grin angry

8 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:20am On Jul 06, 2016
smithsydny:
But we have house on the mountain in kogi state enroute Abuja.. grin grin grin angry

You are correct. The mountains reminded me of Zuma rock. Question is.. How do you build houses on rock?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 06, 2016
wanderlustian:

You are correct. The mountains reminded me of Zuma rock. Question is.. How do you build houses on rock?
I stay close too Zuma rock area when am in Abuja. A friend of mine there the dad built on the Rock I told him I can't be coming there cus climbing that rock isn't funny at all.. it's very cold there with waterfall behind it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:40am On Jul 07, 2016
Came from Como to Milan yesterday. It was a 1hr train ride. I had plans to head to Rome but got carried away by Milan's magnificence. They train conductor quarreled with a passenger, it was so funny.

We stopped at cardona and looked around. Was famished, entered the nearest Bistro for lunch.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.