Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55902 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:59am On Jul 07, 2016
After lunch, I walked around the city, followed the signs to the Milan Duomo (Cathedral).
According to Wikipedia
Milan Cathedral is the cathedral church of Milan, Italy. Dedicated to St Mary of the Nativity (Santa Maria Nascente), it is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, currently Cardinal Angelo Scola. The Gothic cathedral took nearly six centuries to complete. It is the second largest church in Italy after St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the third in the world.

Was a long walk and a very hot day. Felt hotter than Lagos. Was quite dehydrated by the time we got there and baby got cranky. We ran out of water. Had to buy one tiny bottle for 1 euro. Mschwwww.
Anyways, the Duomo was one word... Magnificento!

12 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2016
We walked through the Galleria Vittorio de Emmanuelle II.

The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is one of the world's oldest shopping malls. Housed within a four-story double arcade in central Milan, the Galleria is named after Victor Emmanuel II, the first king of the Kingdom of Italy. It was designed in 1861 and built by Giuseppe Mengoni between 1865 and 1877.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2016
The galleria led us out to Leonardo da Vinci museum, where there is a large statue of him. There is currently and exhibition going on there and a couple of other fringe events.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:14am On Jul 07, 2016
We were too tired to endure an 8hr bus ride to Rome, so I booked a 1 night room on booking. Com and voila! A 2 bedroom apartment shows up for 30 euros all to myself
I quickly booked it and took the underground metro there for 1.50 euros. Have a look around the place. I wish I was staying longer

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2016
Just on case you ever drop by in Milan and need accommodation for a family, here they are. Its 400 euros a month

10 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 7:18am On Jul 07, 2016
Had dinner at a Chinese restaurant for 6 euro a meeal. Waitress laughed at my watery Italian and I challenged her to count in English. We are even cool

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2016
Great news I just got an Italian simcard so I can update on the go! Yay!!!

We just boarded the bus to Rome. Join us

7 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 07, 2016
tell her to speak english ...lol am enjoying this
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 07, 2016
yaaaaaaay following u bumper... that journey is like lagos to ph.. y dont you take the train
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
In Milan traffic angry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2016
smithsydny:
yaaaaaaay following u bumper... that journey is like lagos to ph.. y dont you take the train

Buses are cheaper

1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2016
thats about 5k something here.. how much is train
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by 4teelaw(f): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44! You will not come and see Europe in coloured picture. Be knocking una black and white television there. angry

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2016
live that man ooo
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2016
smithsydny:
thats about 5k something here.. how much is train

Train is about 23 euros. Almost 8720

Bus is 9 euros, just 3,500

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Train is about 23 euros. Almost 8720
Bus is 9 euros, just 3,500
woooow stinkly cheap
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by flyca: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
We were too tired to endure an 8hr bus ride to Rome, so I booked a 1 night room on booking. Com and voila! A 2 bedroom apartment shows up for 30 euros all to myself
I quickly booked it and took the underground metro there for 1.50 euros. Have a look around the place. I wish I was staying longer
Pls which website do you use for hotels?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Neyoalao(m): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2016
those guys in the Milan n traffic picture, guess they have bashed eachother car and they no even drag am nah to give insurance information.
Enjoy yoyr trip

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by princeakins(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Amen... Counting down. 2 weeks to go!
Will you tk me along ma'am embarassed would lik to tour around wit u... Am stickin to ur thread. grin

WAh ll i need. undecided
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by golddust6000(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2016
Use meinfernbus.de, very comfortable and cheap
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by helovesme(f): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2016
Thread is now on front page undecided

Now the trolls and irrelevant posts will ruin the fun

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by banmee(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
I'm starting this thread to chronicle my journey across Europe this summer.

I've never been to Europe before and german embassy gave me 2 weeks visa, so I can as well visit all the places I can while at it.

I'm travelling with a 10 month old baby. She's pretty strong (we've been on the road since she was 1 week old, and travelling since she was 1 month old, so I'm guessing she will be a good sport).

I have family and friends in Milan, but I'm arriving in Frankfurt 1st, then taking a bus from Frankfurt to Milan through Switzerland (cheaper than the train).

If you have experience in taking this kind of journey please help me draw out a plan.

I personally will love to visit Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Venice and Rome as well, but I think it will be quite a herculean task visiting each city with a baby strapped to my back or chest.

I'm starting the journey at the end of this month, and even if you can't come with me, stay hooked to this thread! grin

You must visit Weiden in Germany. I swear you'll think you are in Lagos island but without all the crowd. Don't go to Paris. Too dirty.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2016
Dear ma'am... It has always been my dream to go to Germany !!!! Pls how did you do your own visa and passport ?? How much rough do i need And i don't want a 2 week visa... A year visa would be better !! Awaiting your reply
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by jrusky(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2016
Ok nah welcome............
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by 400billionman: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2016
Buy something for the boys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2016
My life ambition is to one day travel around Europe and see all there is to see, of course as much as I can see (there're lots of stuffs to be seen). Have read alot about the Duomo in Milan. Will definitely love to see that one. Italy is one iconic country full of history and fantastic memories. Quite a dream country for every adventure-loving person like myself.

Travel well Maa'm!

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by kachi19: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
I'm starting this thread to chronicle my journey across Europe this summer.

I've never been to Europe before and german embassy gave me 2 weeks visa, so I can as well visit all the places I can while at it.

I'm travelling with a 10 month old baby. She's pretty strong (we've been on the road since she was 1 week old, and travelling since she was 1 month old, so I'm guessing she will be a good sport).

I have family and friends in Milan, but I'm arriving in Frankfurt 1st, then taking a bus from Frankfurt to Milan through Switzerland (cheaper than the train).

If you have experience in taking this kind of journey please help me draw out a plan.

I personally will love to visit Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Venice and Rome as well, but I think it will be quite a herculean task visiting each city with a baby strapped to my back or chest.

I'm starting the journey at the end of this month, and even if you can't come with me, stay hooked to this thread! grin

Pls I don't understand that part of 2week visa. is it embassy bonanza or promo?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by olufrankfurt: 11:48am On Jul 07, 2016
Kindly Check from the website of the bus that will cost you only €19 from Frankfurt am Main to Milan .
Pls ask b/4 you set for your Journey if not, give me the name i will help you out because I live in FFM
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2016
kachi19:

Pls I don't understand that part of 2week visa. is it embassy bonanza or promo?

I don't understand your question
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2016
I am loving this mehn, I so much love adventures. just very soon i'll share mine with u guys, keep it coming. I'm really enjoying this

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Awoofawo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

I tried looking up car rental from frankfurt... can I use international driver's license without having the residency card? Also, I'm alone withh a 10 month old, I'm thinking it will be risky driving 11 hours, but then... I'm all for doing crazy things!!! Will think about it.

Will be applying for baby's Nigerian passport next week.. hopefully, will get it same day, then we are ready to go!

Modified:

Brosssss!!!!! $845 to rent car? Bus is 19 - 29 Euros shocked
You got me thinking ma, hope you are not a mom on the run from babybaba?

Anyway whatever, make I mind my business...... bon voyage to you, but where the pictures abeg cut story and show us something, we no dey operate like this for Nairaland........grin

modified:
Son see the pictures, ya continue ma........ grin
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
Dear ma'am... It has always been my dream to go to Germany !!!! Pls how did you do your own visa and passport ?? How much rough do i need And i don't want a 2 week visa... A year visa would be better !! Awaiting your reply

I will also love to know how they get 1 year visa too. Visa was 13,500 but I hear its now 17,000 passport, I've had mine for long time now. It should be about 28,000 now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.