Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,040 members, 7,852,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Is The Concept Behind "Brown Envelope" In Journalism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Concept Behind "Brown Envelope" In Journalism? (638 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Na Brown Envelope Journalist / Presidency Denies Meeting With Editors And Handing Them Brown Envelope / Saraki Denies Joining PDP, Says Report Is Junk Journalism(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Concept Behind "Brown Envelope" In Journalism? by aycorporat(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
I am always amused each time journalists conduct interviews with my boss who is a politician and in turn wait for "Something". I usually ask my journalist friends that is it ethical or is their own initiative to ask for "something"?. Take for instance two popular news medium had an interview with him, snapped a portrait and said he has to pay a certain amount of money for the interview to be on air, (to also say they came in that day to seek his opinion on a burning issue!). What I am saying covers all arms, both the print and the electronic.
I want people in the house to enlighten me if it is ethical or is it the bosses that give them the order? I can understand that if I want to do an advertorial on the pages of Newspapers, but for granting an interview, that one amuses me.
Contributions are welcome
Re: What Is The Concept Behind "Brown Envelope" In Journalism? by aycorporat(m): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Waiting for response from guys in the house.....

(1) (Reply)

IG Of Police And Warri Billionaire, Ayiri Emami Visit Community In Warri, Delta / China, Nigeria Agree New Deal For $12bn Coastal Railway / Photos: Former Chief Of Air Staff, Adesola Amosu, Others Arraigned In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.