Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,068 members, 7,953,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

5 Questions For Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Questions For Atheists (7258 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Oga why are you in a hurry? Do you know what I want to post? And who told you that all the physicist i want to quote believe in God? I only want to give you some mind boggling questions that will challenge your thinking faculty and make you revise your stand on the issue of the existence of God. What i want you to know is that the deeper you go in science, the more you will begin to realize that all this things in existence couldn't have occurred randomly, there must be a creative mind behind it.

That is why i just laugh at the so called Atheists here on NL because all you read is theories postulated by some individuals. How deep have you gone in scientific research and practicals?

Those who have gone really deep (those that postulated those theories you thrive on) have come out to say there must be a creative mind behind everything in existence. I'm even thinking of creating another thread for this so that I can fully confront all of you.

The bolded statement betrays you ignorance of anything science. The truth is that the deeper you go into science, the more you realize that randomness rules the universe, the perception of order becomes an illusion. On the quantum level randomness rules, and you cannot predict position and mass accurately.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

The bolded statement betrays you ignorance of anything science. The truth is that the deeper you go into science, the more you realize that randomness rules the universe, the perception of order becomes an illusion. On the quantum level randomness rules, and you cannot predict position and mass accurately.

You are wrong bro. Do you think i made that statement myself? That statement was made by those who have really gone deep in scientific research and they came to that conclusion, so are you now calling them ignorant? How deep have you really gone? How many theories have you put forward? You are the one that is ignorant of what those great men have encountered.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2016
Please give me names and links to scientists who says the deeper you go in science the more less random it becomes.

I am telling you randomness rules the quantum level and even the cosmic level. The distribution of galaxies in the universe is very random.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

The idea that we read "theories" and that makes us Atheists is so so wrong

Science doesnt make you an atheist,

But you will agree with me that it influences wannabe Atheists. And at the end of the day during an argument you all resort to scientific theories to back up your claims look at cloudgoddes quoting all what she learnt from biology while attempting to answer a question i posed . It's not common to find Atheists in other field of studies outside science. Most of the Atheists i know are science students.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:
Please give me names and links to scientists who says the deeper you go in science the more less random it becomes.

I am telling you randomness rules the quantum level and even the cosmic level. The distribution of galaxies in the universe is very random.

Oga calm down. I have already said i will post everything here while addressing urahara, donnffd and Co. But it's very likely i open a new thread for it now because I want to confront all of you. I will post the link on this thread.

I have not really been active on NL i recently came across some threads involving Theist vs Atheists arguments and I wish I was part of the discussion while the threads were still active. Now I want to confront you Atheists with a different style not the usual quoting of Bible verses and Quran which doesn't convince you. Mind you I'm not out to totally convince you guys but I will leave you with mind boggling questions that will challenge you to review your stance on God's existence
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by donnffd(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

But you will agree with me that it influences wannabe Atheists. And at the end of the day during an argument you all resort to scientific theories to back up your claims look at cloudgoddes quoting all what she learnt from biology while attempting to answer a question i posed . It's not common to find Atheists in other field of studies outside science. Most of the Atheists i know are science students.

Like i said, Science doesnt make you an atheist, Logical reasoning do

If you know from scientific means the earth is 4.6billion years and the bible says its 6000, you would be logical

If you were told about Noah and the great flood, and you know it cant be possible scientifically, you would be logical

If you were told God made man from dust, and you know about evolution and biology, you would be logical

If you were told that a prophet went to heaven on a flying horse, and you know space is all thats up there, you would be logical

if you were told that a virgin gave birth, and you know that only a sperm can fertilize an egg, you would be logical

if you know that being all merciful and all just is a logical contradiction, you would be logical

So many more...but thats just a tip of the iceberg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

Like i said, Science doesnt make you an atheist, Logical reasoning do

If you know from scientific means the earth is 4.6billion years and the bible says its 6000, you would be logical

If you were told about Noah and the great flood, and you know it cant be possible scientifically, you would be logical

If you were told God made man from dust, and you know about evolution and biology, you would be logical

If you were told that a prophet went to heaven on a flying horse, and you know space is all thats up there, you would be logical

if you were told that a virgin gave birth, and you know that only a sperm can fertilize an egg, you would be logical

if you know that being all merciful and all just is a logical contradiction, you would be logical

So many more...but thats just a tip of the iceberg

OK, i can see most of what you quoted up there are from the Bible with the exception of the flying horse though. so are you saying that the Bible contains no truth at all? because you find somethings that are naturally/logically impossible in it. (when reasoned with human understanding)

but have you also forgotten that this same Bible gave a accurate description of earth in about the year 1473 B.C.E that "God is hanging the earth upon nothing"( job 26:7) the Bible's accurate statement predated Aristotle by over 1100 years yet Aristotle's views continued to be taught for some 2000 years after his death. It was until 1687 C.E that Isaac Newton published his findings.

The Bible also described the shape of the earth long before voyages about 2700 years ago "there is one dwelling above the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22)

What Can you say about all this accounts? Despite all the false things that was being taught about the shape of the earth then, this two men (job and Isaiah) were not influenced. Don't you think it must have been revealed to them by the creator himself?
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by frank317: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

OK, i can see most of what you quoted up there are from the Bible with the exception of the flying horse though. so are you saying that the Bible contains no truth at all? because you find somethings that are naturally/logically impossible in it. (when reasoned with human understanding)

but have you also forgotten that this same Bible gave a accurate description of earth in about the year 1473 B.C.E that "God is hanging the earth upon nothing"( job 26:7) the Bible's accurate statement predated Aristotle by over 1100 years yet Aristotle's views continued to be taught for some 2000 years after his death. It was until 1687 C.E that Isaac Newton published his findings.

The Bible also described the shape of the earth long before voyages about 2700 years ago "there is one dwelling above the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22)

What Can you say about all this accounts? Despite all the false things that was being taught about the shape of the earth then, this two men (job and Isaiah) were not influenced. Don't you think it must have been revealed to them by the creator himself?

This is how u guys jump from pillar to post and make nonsense of an argument.

You have always maintained that atheists 'believe' in science despite all forms of corrections. Now he has explained to u why u are getting all wrong that atheists believe in science. You can see from his post that atheists just choose to maintain logic, even if the Bible stories where logical, atheists will accept it.

But what did u do? Instead of responding to his post you pick a whole new line of argument, asking him if everything in the Bible is all wrong. Is that what ur initial statement was all about? Read ur above quoted post, it has nothing with countering his response to you that atheists musnt all be scientists.

Sadly tomorrow u will open another thread calling all atheists scientists. u guys never learn and for that, ten percent of ur income will always be at stake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by donnffd(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

I never said the bible contains no truth, on the contrary, it contains alot of poetry and literature worth noting of...

What i am saying is If the foundation of all religions are based on claims that can be tested and have been and seen to be false, then whats the reason paying attention to it in the first place?

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
frank317:

This is how u guys jump from pillar to post and make nonsense of an argument.

You have always maintained that atheists 'believe' in science despite all forms of corrections. Now he has explained to u why u are getting all wrong that atheists believe in science. You can see from his post that atheists just choose to maintain logic, even if the Bible stories where logical, atheists will accept it.

But what did u do? Instead of responding to his post you pick a whole new line of argument, asking him if everything in the Bible is all wrong. Is that what ur initial statement was all about? Read ur above quoted post, it has nothing with countering his response to you that atheists musnt all be scientists.

Sadly tomorrow u will open another thread calling all atheists scientists. u guys never learn and for that, ten percent of ur income will always be at stake.

Bro next time you want to quote someone make sure you read previous comments before intruding into an ongoing conversation. because i can't find anything sensible in what you just wrote up there, it's completely out of phase with what i and donnffd were discussing.

I have already answered the question you are claiming up there in a previous post so I don't know where your idea of jumping from pillar to post came from. Why quote me when I'm not directly addressing you. The person i posted the answer to understands the point I'm trying to make. You can check out his reply and you will see that you are completely out of phase.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

I can't answer for all religions. I can only speak on Christianity. There is a whole lot of reasons to pay attention to it because of the truths in it which you have also acknowledged and it also teaches good morals and there are lots of revelations in it and we believe it was inspired by the almighty God.

Now to the claims you are talking about being false, let me pick that of the conception of Jesus for example. It defiles the biological explanation of conception. And everybody knows it's naturally impossible. But that is with human understanding/reasoning. It's not impossible for God]. And I hope you know that the Quran also gave similar account of his conception so will you still say both books were lying despite the fact that there were inspired differently and at different times

Can you give me any other account from other literature about the birth of Jesus? The only reason why you will find that hard to believe is if you think there is nothing beyond this material world and that is what science teaches but advances in Physics are beginning to prove otherwise.

Guy why naw. cry cry cry.

Son of lucifer come and see o
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Why not dispute the scientific blunders in your Bible instead of asking for any truth from the Bible. If something is naturally and logically impossible, which other understanding can make it reasonable?

But the Bible also made a contradictory statement in 1 Samuel 2 : 8
"8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.
"

Nothing in the verse describes the shape of the earth (which is a spheroid). I am certain the writer of this verse see's God as sitting on a throne on a high mountain (like mount Olympus). From that vantage point, the earth below looks like a circle.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

I never said the bible contains no truth,
on the contrary, it contains alot of
poetry and literature worth noting of...

What i am saying is If the foundation of all religions are based on claims that can be tested and have been and seen to be false, then whats the reason paying attention to it in the first place?

I can't answer for all religions. I can only speak on Christianity. There is a whole lot of reasons to pay attention to it because of the truths in it which you have also acknowledged and it also teaches good morals and there are lots of revelations in it and we believe it was inspired by the almighty God.

Now to the claims you are talking about being false, let me pick that of the conception of Jesus for example. It defiles the biological explanation of conception. And everybody knows it's naturally impossible. But that is with human understanding/reasoning. It's not impossible for God. And I hope you know that the Quran also gave similar account of his conception so will you still say both books were lying despite the fact that they were inspired differently and at different times?

Can you give me any other account from other literature that described the conception of Jesus? The only reason why you will find that hard to believe is if you think there is nothing beyond this material world and that is what science teaches but advances in Physics are beginning to prove otherwise.

Finally let me add, it's just like someone telling you that somebody can disappear through walls won't you take it as a fairy tale and impossible? Even though people do it. And I know you must have heard of it. But doesn't that defile natural laws? You also know of magicians, can you give a scientific explanation to the acts they carry out? I know you will call it illusion, but there are real ones amongst them.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

Why not dispute the scientific blunders in your Bible instead of asking for any truth from the Bible. If something is naturally and logically impossible, which other understanding can make it reasonable?.

I have tried to explain the conception of Jesus how it can be possible check it out @my reply to donnffd. I guess that is one of the scientific blunders you mean.

Now what can you say about the exploits of witches and wizards? And what about magicians? What scientific explanation can you give because their exploits are naturally and logically impossible.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

Nothing in the verse describes the shape of the earth (which is a spheroid). I am certain the writer of this verse see's God as sitting on a throne on a high mountain (like mount Olympus). From that vantage point, the earth below looks like a circle.

That Hebrew word translated to circle can also mean sphere. Other Bible translation says "the globe of the earth (douay version)
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

That Hebrew word translated to circle can also mean sphere. Other Bible translation says "the globe of the earth (douay version)

Quit fooling yourself . if the author was trying to imply the world was spherical he would have used the word "kadur" which means sphere rather than chuwg erets which means circle
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
urahara:

Guy why naw.
What?
Are you trying to tell me that the Quran has no account of Jesus (isa)?
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

What?

The quran does . i said "why naw " because what u blurted out was a non sequitur
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
urahara:

Quit fooling yourself . if the author was trying to imply the world was spherical he would have used the word "kadur" which means sphere rather than chuwg erets which means circle

Bro do you have the Hebrew version of the Bible? because i don't know where you got "chuwg erets" from. you probably consulted Google and why did other Bible versions say "globe"?
And why the insult? Pls don't let us derail this thread by resorting to insults. because you won't like it if i decide to fire back.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

I have tried to explain the conception of Jesus how it can be possible check it out @my reply to donnffd. I guess that is one of the scientific blunders you mean.

Now what can you say about the exploits of witches and wizards? And what about magicians? What scientific explanation can you give because their exploits are naturally and logically impossible.

Sorry, i missed your logical explanation for the (single sex) conception of Jesus, please paste the quote again for me to see.

Witches and wizards are vestiges of primitive societies attempting to make sense of mysteries around them (especially unexpected and unexplainable tragedies). It thrives on Ignorance and fear. Witches and wizards give way, when enlightenment and science comes into a society. Europe and Asia had serious problem of witches and Wizard during the dark days of superstition and religion, but today they have overcome these with science and education and have entered the technological and Information age. At one time it was thought Witches and demons were responsible for Leprosy, mental illness and sudden death. Today medicine has provides the answers to these diseases. Although in a highly illiterate society Nigeria most people still associate these diseases to Witchcraft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

What?

The Koran is simply a poor plagarization of the Christian bible.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro do you have the Hebrew version of the Bible? because i don't know where you got "chuwg erets" you probably consulted Google and why did other Bible versions say "globe"?
And why the insult? Pls don't let us derail this thread by resorting to insults. because you won't like it if i fire back.

Bros abeg when did i insult you grin cool cheesy smiley
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Parallel Verses
New American Standard Bible
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

King James Bible
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
God is enthroned above the circle of the earth; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like thin cloth and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

International Standard Version
He's the one who sits above the disk of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He's the one who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in,

NET Bible
He is the one who sits on the earth's horizon; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers before him. He is the one who stretches out the sky like a thin curtain, and spreads it out like a pitched tent.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God is enthroned above the earth, and those who live on it are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the sky like a canopy and spreads it out like a tent to live in.

King James 2000 Bible
It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are as grasshoppers; that stretches out the heavens as a curtain, and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in:
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by wirinet(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
King James 2000 Bible
It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are as grasshoppers; that stretches out the heavens as a curtain, and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in:

It is obvious the writer of this verse is standing on a very high mountain and looking at the surroundings below. If you stand on a high mountain, the ground below would form a perfect circle, the people below would look like grasshoppers and the cloud and sky above would resemble a tent covering everything.

Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

Sorry, i missed your logical explanation for the (single sex) conception of Jesus, please paste the quote again for me to see.

Witches and wizards are vestiges of primitive societies attempting to make sense of mysteries around them (especially unexpected and unexplainable tragedies). It thrives on Ignorance and fear. Witches and wizards give way, when enlightenment and science comes into a society. Europe and Asia had serious problem of witches and Wizard during the dark days of superstition and religion, but today they have overcome these with science and education and have entered the technological and Information age. At one time it was thought Witches and demons were responsible for Leprosy, mental illness and sudden death. Today medicine has provides the answers to these diseases. Although in a highly illiterate society Nigeria most people still associate these diseases to Witchcraft.

Bro, were you born and raised in
Nigeria? because this your comments
shows a great deal of ignorance on
your part. Or should I say you know
but chose not to believe.
I'm also a science student and I can
clearly differentiate between
superstitions and witchcraft. I can give
several accounts but i see it as a
waste of precious time because you
won't believe it since you have
conditioned your mind not to.

Even scientists are aware of there existence and exploits but are skeptical to accept it because they have no scientific explanation to how they carry out their exploits
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
urahara:
Parallel Verses
New American Standard Bible
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

King James Bible
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
God is enthroned above the circle of the earth; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like thin cloth and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

International Standard Version
He's the one who sits above the disk of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He's the one who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in,

NET Bible
He is the one who sits on the earth's horizon; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers before him. He is the one who stretches out the sky like a thin curtain, and spreads it out like a pitched tent.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God is enthroned above the earth, and those who live on it are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the sky like a canopy and spreads it out like a tent to live in.

King James 2000 Bible

Buhahahahahaha i laugh. U no get work i swear. Quoting all this long things for what? Na wa for you ooo. Anyway where is the "Douay version" because i can't see it up there.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
donnffd:

I never said the bible contains no truth, on the contrary, it contains alot of poetry and literature worth noting of...

*modified
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

It is obvious the writer of this verse is standing on a very high mountain and looking at the surroundings below. If you stand on a high mountain, the ground below would form a perfect circle, the people below would look like grasshoppers and the cloud and sky above would resemble a tent covering everything.

Bro, are you a comedian? because i can't see the sense you are trying to make out of that comment above. Look at how you are speaking authoritatively as if you were there with him when he got the inspiration.

do you want to tell me that you don't know what it means to be "above the circle of the earth"? That statement means outside the earth. This was written in ancient times remember and the writer tried his best to put it down in the way he could understand the message. And I think that statement is explanatory enough you can give it to someone else and see how they will Interprete it.
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by Dejideji1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
wirinet:

*modified
Re: 5 Questions For Atheists by urahara(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dejideji1:

Buhahahahahaha i laugh. U no get work i swear. Quoting all this long things for what? Na wa for you ooo. Anyway where is the "Douay version" because i can't see it up there.

Douay version ko. Muay thai version ni

Chuwg erets was written in the original hebrew manuscripts mind you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Deliverance? / The Testimony Of A Buddhist Monk In Myanmar Who died and Came Back To life / Questions For All Reasonable Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.