Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Question For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists (12591 Views)

Questions For Atheists / For Atheists: Perhaps, This Would Help. / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Atheists by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Let's assume for a second that God is a myth, and all of the prophets and pastors in the universe today, are " fake ". Now, the million dollar question is, from where do they get magical powers to predict the future, make the blind see, make the deaf hear, and make the lame walk?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by captainbangz: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2016
Maybe nature. I laf my ass out whenever some1 say im be atheist.
Re: Question For Atheists by QuietHammer(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2016
I'm not cool with the label 'atheist ' though, permit me to give this a shot. Present us whith evidence that any man has ever made a lame walk, blind see and deaf hear. As for the ability to predict, I won't bother with that

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2016
Fx82ZAPLUS:
Let's assume for a second that God is a myth, and all of the prophets and pastors in the universe today, are " fake ". Now, the million dollar question is, from where do they get magical powers to predict the future
They make vague predictions using well known data.
*There will be a flood somewhere in nigeria(global warming duh)
* nigeria will suffer for a long time (recessions don't go away in a day)
* people will one day curse buhari if recession continues (SMH)
* There will be great problems in nigeria (when has there never been)
Some of these prophecies will come out wrong, but they will only be publicised by major media houses when they are right.

the blind see, make the deaf hear, and make the lame walk?
Sometimes it amazes me how people can be so gullible, ask yourselfwhy the pastors don't go to hospitals for these instantaneous healings, why they have never regrown a limb in front if you, why they don't heal famous people with visible health conditions, like the Paralympic team of nigeria. Don't be fools my people, it is all fake.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2016
I have a short answer for you. Look up youtube and go watch/download random videos of a mentalist called Keith Barry. You would know why pastors happens to predict the future or see the past. Now, As regard healing the blind, lame etc if it was true then all the blinds, lame, sick people on the street would have been healed starting from the government general hospitals not their churches.

4 Likes

Re: Question For Atheists by Edenoscar(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2016
Pastors make thousands of random prediction i would be suprised if none came true, you only get to hear of that one which came true what about the hundreds of prophecy which never happened

3 Likes

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2016
Lennycool:

They make vague predictions using well known data.
*There will be a flood somewhere in nigeria(global warming duh)
* nigeria will suffer for a long time (recessions don't go away in a day)
* people will one day curse buhari if recession continues (SMH)
* There will be great problems in nigeria (when has there never been)
Some of these prophecies will come out wrong, but they will only be publicised by major media houses when they are right.

Sometimes it amazes me how people can be so gullible, ask yourselfwhy the pastors don't go to hospitals for these instantaneous healings, why they have never regrown a limb in front if you, why they don't heal famous people with visible health conditions, like the Paralympic team of nigeria. Don't be fools my people, it is all fake.
[b] Dumb contentions.

Duh - Your gay tendencies are inhibiting you from reasoning logically.

You claim they have never regrown a limb in front of people, false. Some certain people with hemihypertrophy, and hemiatrophy conditions, as in their arms were shorter than the other has had their arms equalized on a Live servive by Prophet Bushiri, Visit YouTube.

Also, men with abdominal obesity has had their big tummies flattened on a Live service. Again, go to YouTube.

And the Pastors/ Prophets does visit hospitals, son .

"Leader and Founder of Enlightened Christian Gathering, Prophet Shepherd Bushiri yesterday got the whole patients and the entire working staff of Greytown hospital in KwaZulu-Natal astonished as he reportedly resurrected 12 dead peeople at the hospital.

Speaking to the Medical Officer in charge of Greytown hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, to get a confirmation that indeed these 12 people were dead he said “They were even preparing their bodies for the morgue and the man of God stormed the hospital to perform such a wonderful miracles’’

Also watch extraordinary miracles performed by Prophet Shepherd Bushiri during 2015-2016 crossover night - Live service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJhSAhQn90

Whether Bushiri is an authentic prophet, or a fake prophet is of no importance here. The million dollar question is where does he get the power to perfom such miracles during LIVE services, right in front of the world?
[/b]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by Seun(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
Fx82ZAPLUS:
Let's assume for a second that God is a myth, and all of the prophets and pastors in the universe today, are " fake ". Now, the million dollar question is, from where do they get magical powers to predict the future, make the blind see, make the deaf hear, and make the lame walk?
Prophets and pastors don't have any supernatural powers. You may find this difficult to believe, but it's all a bunch of tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPc9btW1rM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-NwKD9laZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BQKu0YP8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBpiV72pLAo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

Prophets and pastors don't have any supernatural powers. You may find this difficult to believe, but it's all a bunch of tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPc9btW1rM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-NwKD9laZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BQKu0YP8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBpiV72pLAo

Logical fallacy faulty generalization - because you sourced out instances where prophets have been exposed as fake does not mean all pastors and prophets are fake .

Even the bible prognosticated the proliferation of false prophets during the end times .

No point made bro , again .

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by frank317: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Logical fallacy faulty generalization - because you sourced out instances where prophets have been exposed as fake does not mean all pastors and prophets are fake .

Even the bible prognosticated the proliferation of false prophets during the end times .

No point made bro , again .

Not all so called miracles have been investigated, but all miracles that have been investigated have been found out to be dubious... Unfortunately... U are not good at making use of ur brain.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
frank317:

Not all so called miracles have been investigated, [size=16pt]but all miracles that have been investigated[/size] have been found out to be dubious... Unfortunately... U are not good at making use of ur brain.

Who investigated all those miracles to prove they are false ? What kind of extremely daft claim is this ? undecided
Re: Question For Atheists by BodyKiss(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
Fx82ZAPLUS:

Dumb contentions.

You claim they have never regrown a limb in front of people, false. Some certain people with hemihypertrophy, and hemiatrophy conditions, as in their arms were shorter than the other has had their arms equalized on a Live servive by Prophet Bushiri, Visit YouTube.

Also, men with abdominal obesity has had their big tummies flattened on a Live service. Again, go to YouTube.

"Leader and Founder of Enlightened Christian Gathering, Prophet Shepherd Bushiri yesterday got the whole patients and the entire working staff of Greytown hospital in KwaZulu-Natal astonished as he reportedly resurrected 12 dead peeople at the hospital.

Speaking to the Medical Officer in charge of Greytown hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, to get a confirmation that indeed these 12 people were dead he said “They were even preparing their bodies for the morgue and the man of God stormed the hospital to perform such a wonderful miracles’’

Also watch extraordinary miracles performed by Prophet Shepherd Bushiri during 2015-2016 crossover night - Live service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJhSAhQn90&itct=CAkQpDAYDSITCMDdrf6X7s8CFcddFgodYIYLXFIhcHJvcGhldCBidXNoaXJpIHNob2NraW5nIG1pcmFjbGVz&gl=ZA&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB

Whether Bushiri is an authentic prophet, or a fake prophet is of no importance here. The million dollar question is where does he get the power to perfom such miracles during LIVE services, right in front of the world?

Damn, you so ****

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
Fx82ZAPLUS:

[b] Dumb contentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJhSAhQn90&itct=CAkQpDAYDSITCMDdrf6X7s8CFcddFgodYIYLXFIhcHJvcGhldCBidXNoaXJpIHNob2NraW5nIG1pcmFjbGVz&gl=ZA&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB

[/b]
And where is the evidence besides websites and videos, why is regrowing of a limb so impossible for God. I've already said this before why is it that miracles are never conducted under scientific observations, why is there always no proof besides videos. Videos are unreliable, Avatar is a movie, everything from aliens plants to alien humanoids, to an alien planet is displayed in that movie. Yet nothing is real. So to confirm that those miracles are indeed real we don't need videos we need scientists to confirm them, till then your miracles are fake.

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Seun(m): 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Logical fallacy faulty generalization - because you sourced out instances where prophets have been exposed as fake does not mean all pastors and prophets are fake.
I also included videos demonstrating exactly how the fake miracles are orchestrated, and it's clear that most miracle pastors use these tricks.

frank317:

Not all so called miracles have been investigated, but all miracles that have been investigated have been found out to be dubious...
Exactly. There have been so many faith healing investigations, and all of them have the same result: they found lots of tricks, but no healings:

Critical studies are illuminating. Dr. William A. Nolen, in his book Healing: A Doctor in Search of a Miracle (1974), followed up on several reported cases of healing from a Kathryn Kuhlman service but found no miracles-only remissions, psychosomatic diseases, and other explanations, including the power of suggestion.

More recently a study was conducted following a Benny Hinn crusade in Portland, Oregon, where seventy-six miracles were alleged. For an HBO television special, A Question of Miracles (Thomas 2001), Benny Hinn Ministries was asked to supply the names of as many of these as possible for investigation. After thirteen weeks, just five names were provided. Each case was followed for one year.

The first involved a grandmother who stated she had had “seven broken vertebras” but that the Lord had healed her at the evening service in Portland. In fact, x-rays afterward revealed otherwise, although the woman felt her pain had lessened.

The second case was that of a man who had suffered a logging accident ten years previously. He demonstrated improved mobility at the crusade, but his condition afterward deteriorated and “movement became so painful he could no longer dress himself.” Yet he remained convinced he was healed and refused the medication and surgery his doctors insisted was necessary.

The next individual was a lady who, for fifty years, had only “thirty percent of her hearing” as claimed at the Portland crusade. However, her physician stated, “I do not think this was a miracle in any sense.” He reported that the woman had had only a “very mild hearing loss” just two years before and that she had made “a normal recovery.”

The fourth case was that of a girl who had not been “getting enough oxygen” but who claimed to have been healed at Hinn’s service. In fact, since the crusade she “continued to suffer breathlessness,” yet her mother was so convinced that a miracle had occurred that she did not continue to have her daughter seek medical care.

Finally, there was what the crusade billed as “a walking dead woman.” She had had cancer throughout both lungs, but her doctors were now “overwhelmed” that she was “still alive and still breathing.” Actually, her oncologist rejected all such claims, saying the woman had an “unpredictable form of cancer that was stable at the time of the crusade.” Tragically, her condition subsequently deteriorated and she died just nine months afterward.
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/benny_hinn_healer_or_hypnotist

Documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNTALOChRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6itEMHcCk

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

I also included videos demonstrating exactly how the fake miracles are orchestrated, and it's clear that most miracle pastors use these tricks.

Exactly. There have been so many faith healing investigations, and all of them have the same result: they found lots of tricks, but no healings:

Documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNTALOChRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6itEMHcCk
Even though I don't support theist and their presumptuous claims.

Let's take a scientific route,we have various spatial dimensions,some definitely higher than the one we're currently experiencing, what if, what if all obscure and paranormal happenings occur at these dimensions.

I believe the will to power as explained by Nietzsche, that man call faith contains latent power to achieve some powerful results.

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

Exactly , what they are fake miracles .

I remember when the testimony of a crippled Muslim - unable to walk from birth - who followed a Nairalander to a crusade ground and was then able to walk was shared to you , you didn't respond . undecided

I can post the testimony again for you to openly scrutinize it , maybe ask the Nairalander questions . cool

I've received instant healing before - I have my own personal experiences . By your logic , I am part of the whole chicanery intended to finagle money from the unsuspecting public .

Why should I take this site seriously - it is not credible and the details provided cannot be verified . So , sorry bro smiley I'm being logical here

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
I remember when the testimony of a crippled Muslim - unable to walk from birth - who followed a Nairalander to a crusade ground and was then able to walk was shared to you , you didn't respond . undecided I can post the testimony again for you to openly scrutinize it , maybe ask the Nairalander questions . cool

You mean the story below?
MrPRevailer:
You have not seen miracles? Then carry a blind man to THE LORD'S CHOSEN MINISTRY @Ijesha Bustop. That's what I did when I carry a crippled man to our crusade on Sunday and he was healed before my naked eyes. Moreover he was a Muslim. But I believe today he is a Christian. Since he left I dint hear from him or his contact. He warned me his brothers would be bitter if they found he came to church, when I gave him our chosen apron. But the point is, HE IS HEALED OF 21 YEARS CRIPPLE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

You mean the story below?

Yeah . I'm not sure why you emboldened that text

He also instructed you to carry any indisposed person or yourself if you have infirmities to be healed so your experience will serve as your evidence . So be logical or real and adhere to his instruction smiley

Lest I forget , in the Lord's chosen , the members also have the propensity wink to carry out miracles themselves . We pray for the sick , raise the dead etc .

We also have a testimony magazine , you can get as many as possible , contact the testifiers and carry out investigations on their testimonies .

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by egokudiowomoney: 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
Fx82ZAPLUS:
prediction of the future is what anybody can do,even animals. This remind me of the Octopus that was used to predict the results of football matches. It made accurate predictions in the 2010 World Cup.about healing,it seems the Op is JJC for Nigeria
Re: Question For Atheists by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Yeah . I'm not sure why you emboldened that text
That's the giveaway. We will never be able to verify the "miracle", of course, because the recipient has conveniently disappeared. From what we know, I bet the guy could walk before the crusade. He was either only partially crippled, or just pretending to be crippled. Like these crooks.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by Snyman(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
egokudiowomoney:
prediction of the future is what anybody can do,even animals. This remind me of the Octopus that was used to predict the results of football matches. It made accurate predictions in the 2010 World Cup.about healing,it seems the Op is JJC for Nigeria
The Op is South African.
Re: Question For Atheists by Seun(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
egokudiowomoney:
Yes. They make educated guesses about disasters that could happen and then ask us to pray against their guesses. If they turn out to be right, they are perceived as great prophets. If they are wrong, it's because the prayers worked. But we'll only remember the ones that were right.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Question For Atheists by hahn(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

That's the giveaway. We will never be able to verify the "miracle", of course, because the recipient has conveniently disappeared. Frow what we know, I bet the guy could walk before the crusade. He was either only partially crippled, or just pretending to be crippled. Like these crooks.

Who knows maybe kingebukasblog is one of those guys in the "syndicate" considering his passion for supporting obvious lies undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
hahn:

Who knows maybe kingebukasblog is one of those guys in the "syndicate" considering his passion for supporting obvious lies undecided

reminds me of Joagbaje

very cool thread that deserves looking at

that was a fiasco

10 years on, the Christ Embassy members are still foaming in the mouth about it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Atheists by Ultimatesammie(m): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

Yes. They make educated guesses about disasters that could happen and then ask us to pray against their guesses. If they turn out to be right, they are perceived as great prophets. If they are wrong, it's because the prayers worked. But you'll only remember the ones that were right.
Because some are fake doesn't mean all are fake its just like saying all Nigerians are fraudsters because one Nigerian duped someone somewhere.Its quite funny how u guys think Christians all over the world are gullible yet u guys are the wise ones.
Re: Question For Atheists by stainlex(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
Op, your Bushiri guy should start with Pistorious. I will worship him over YHWH if he can make Pistorious grow a limb! Or how about bringing back the dead gf? Raising the dead isn't that difficult, is it?
Re: Question For Atheists by hahn(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

reminds me of Joagbaje

that was a fiasco

Don't mind those people.

Even Oyaks goes for medical checkup at the best hospital in the world.

I respect his business sense sha. Everything goes to him. Even from cell meetings. All "offerings" go directly into their bank. Imagine a church having it's own bank and they will argue it is not a business grin

3 Likes

Re: Question For Atheists by Snyman(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

Yes. They make educated guesses about disasters that could happen and then ask us to pray against their guesses. If they turn out to be right, they are perceived as great prophets. If they are wrong, it's because the prayers worked. But you'll only remember the ones that were right.
Fair point. However, If you've watched any of Prophet Bushiri's Live services before, you'll realize he calls out people by names, tells them where they hail from, their backgrounds, the color of their room walls, their occupation, their bank account number/ phone numbers, etc. My question is, from where does he get the powers to prophesy such things? Does he hire decoys to hoodwink the general public into a misguided belief that he's the greatest Prophet to ever grace the Earth?
Re: Question For Atheists by kevoh(m): 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

reminds me of Joagbaje

that was a fiasco

Lol...That thread is epic! One of my favourites here!
Re: Question For Atheists by hahn(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
kevoh:

Lol...That thread is epic! One of my favourites here!

I swear. The uppercut ehn, no be here. Did joagbaje ever pay up that N500,000?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Those Who Have No Knowledge Of The Gospel ? / First Fruit Time Is Here! / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.