Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. (1206 Views)

I Need A Start Up Loan From A Nairalander / New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria / Where Can I Get A Loan As A Start-up Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
SUMMARY:

Agenda: To raise NGN 4M to start a small-scale poultry farm.
Investment Window Period: 10-Jun-2016 to 10-Jul-2016. This is the window of opportunity to invest.
Project Length: 18 Months commencing immediately after N4M is raised hopefully by 10th July, 2016.
Project Tentative Phases: Phase 1 - 18 months pilot. Phase 2 - Establishment of mega poultry farms in 6 Geo-political zones in Nigeria with support from major foreign investors. Phase 3 - Sustainability & expansion.

STORY:

Dear kind-hearted Nairalanders. I am an ardent follower and contributor to this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2516851/experience-egg-distribution-investment. God bless the OP who created that thread. It has helped many.

I need your help in this pilot phase of my project. No shares will be given now, but every contributor will be invited to become a shareholder when the next phase starts (after this 18 months pilot/test phase). It will be on a 'first come, first served' basis. I am hoping that people will like the idea or be willing to contribute considering trust issues and the economic situation of the country. However, I am a man ardent to prayer and faith in God so I'm not afraid to invest. Please feel free to give your constructive suggestion or advice.

I am an investor and regularly search for opportunities. This search took me recently to a small village in the outskirts of Abuja where there is currently no electricity. I have lived there since January this year 2016. There are several opportunities there but I've settled to set up a small poultry farm if I can raise the funds from interested members of the public.

My plan is in phases. As part of this phase, I started with personally distributing eggs to customers in the Abuja axis while taking up a job as a manager in one farm. Having learnt and settled for what I want to do in that region, I quit the job in April. I've been promised enough land when I'm ready to start my project. Therefore, I am looking to raise N4 Million to start with the pilot phase to run for 18 months. I expect to recoup the invested amount and return capitals to contributors with interest at that time.

After this phase I intend to move to the next which is to operate on a large scale. I want to set up mega farms in 6 Geo-political states for a start and expand from there, with possibly foreign investors coming in and shares available to people on NL, starting with only those who contributed here in this phase. I will be recording the success made. This would be a requirement for big investors to come in if I can show that I solicited for funds, used it, profited, and returned money back to those who contributed. Consequently, I must have the account details of all contributors and that is where their monies will be returned to at the end of the period. I intend to publish names and amount contributed by each person on a blog or website for integrity sake.

My initial thought is to ask for 400 units of N10,000 each; i.e. 400 people investing 10K each. I am proposing returns of each unit of the invested capital + 2 crate of eggs [N1,200 value] + 1 live (or processed) chicken [N1,200 value] from the farm at the end of the 18 month. This amounts to 24% ROI standard. Cash or the farm produce can be requested depending on your choice. For instance someone grabbing 20 units (@ N200,000) will end up receiving N248,000 at the end of the 18 months. I would like suggestions please. What we agree here (on Naira Land) I intend to draft into necessary legal documents.

Kindly note that I see this as help from contributors and not necessarily an investment because I'm not offering more than 24% return on investment (ROI). This is because I am going to run this project in the most cost-effective way possible. I want to do with NGN 4 Million what could take more than NGN 10 Million to achieve in other rural areas of this country let alone urban cities. Most importantly, I need your prayers.

Contact confidentially on ------------------, ------------------------,com with your e-mail address.

I will send you an Excel spreadsheet where you can fill the required details and the amount you wish to contribute to book your position on the list. You can pay up before the deadline or the next person in line will replace you on the list.

Brief Risk Analysis

Risk: Unforeseen circumstances (e.g. disease).
Mitigation: I bear all the risk. I'll still have to return investors' funds using personal, back up funds.

Risk: I run off with the contributed monies.
Mitigation: I need suggestion here, and this is one reason for going on public forum like Naira Land. Any lawyer in the house can make suggestions that are cost-effective. I am proposing electronic certificates for each contributor stating details of what was given to me. I'm sure this can be tendered to law enforcement agents or to the court should that be required.

Let's discuss…

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pls note that if I can get the required 4M from one or two persons, that would be better. Allow me to grow your idle cash in something you can see.
...Thx & remain blessed!
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by ekenetheorg(m): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
24% under 18 months might seem so little for this size of investment. For Billions, it may sound good. I know banks pay lower but trust me, many businesses will earn you 100% in less than 18 months.... Just my thought cos u asked for contributions too. Since you need investors and not helpers, you may need to do something attractive like saying they will own a specific even if it is 0.1% of business for life.... etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
@ekenetheorg, thx for the contribution. I appreciate it. I want to promise what I can definitely give, hence the 24%. But I'm open to reviewing it depending on response from contributors.

At this phase, it is more of help investors will be giving me. It is when I float the company that those who help me now will be invited to own a part of the business for life.
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2016
@ekenetheorg, kindly drop your e-mail and I'll send you the form should you decide to invest before the deadline.

You can drop it here or send to: ---------------------.com or --------------------.
...Remain blessed!
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2016
Dear All,
I've held talks with a few people who contacted me. If you know you have the finance to sponsor the project & would like to meet up for discussions in Lagos, pls give me a call or e-mail me before I return to Abuja. Thank you for your interest.

Help spread the word!
cc: @lalasticlala
Mods
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
I am open to suggestions.
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
This opportunity is still open.
Pls contact me.
Re: Help A Brother - Invest In A Start-up. by TopDown: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Do text me if u can't reach me on phone. Network is poor here as I've explained to some. Thx.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Vs Lindaikejisblog / List Of Online Money Making Ponzi Sites In Nigeria / Augustine With Nairaland Moniker aaustin921 Is A Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.