Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen (3629 Views)

Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by okgerald(m): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2016
Hello,

I am getting married to an American citizen of Nigerian parent. I have a lot to benefit like becoming a citizen myself, leaving Nigeria for good, papers . The thing is i don't feel a thing for her. We were introduced to each other and am not feeling a thing. Is it a good idea to go into this and feign happiness for the rest of my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Mullberry: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Your decision-Your choice.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by eyeview: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2016
okgerald:
Hello,

I am getting married to an American citizen of Nigerian parent. I have a lot to benefit like becoming a citizen myself, leaving Nigeria for good, papers . The thing is i don't feel a thing for her. We were introduced to each other and am not feeling a thing. Is it a good idea to go into this and feign happiness for the rest of my life.
I feel for you.
You're walking into trouble. You've got to understand that the value system women hold in the Us is entirely different from that of ladies obtainable here. Women from there are so empowered by law over the men. Though you'll be the husband,get ready to be thrown out of the house,to be arrested by the cops,etc if she you two have a misunderstanding.
I was besieged with such 'introductions' about ten years ago by aunties in the Us who had 'nice girls' over there they wanted me to meet and marry. First of all,their concept of 'nice girls' are way off the mark by our nigerian standards. For eg,you will run a profile on this 'nice girl' and you will find out that she has a boyfriend whom she spends weekends with,drinks(but occassionally),wears some tattoos in some hidden parts of her body,has smoked. You and I know that by our traditional value system,such doesn't fit the bill of a nice girl,talkless of my christian values.
I know some guys who got married under such arrangements. Today,they are either divorced over there(and the courts always will everything to the lady,leaving the guys to start afresh) or they are constantly being walked out of their own house by the cops because their wives called the cops on them. Some of them now call me to express their regrets and wish to even walk out of the marriage and return to Nigeria.
Most times,your interests are never the same but for the temptation to get 'papers',guys jump in. You should consider what you really want in a marriage.
Goodluck

P/s,there may still be ones whom you can strongly connect with and with good family values too

17 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by missvera(f): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2016
It depends on what you want in life. But don't marry her bcs of the benefits you are going to get if you don't love her.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by tee59(f): 8:36am On Jun 15, 2016
Ur happiness in life should ur priority. How can u marry sm1 u didn't love cus of benefits? D choice is urs.Love, joy and happiness are important in marriage. D poster above me has said it all. Be wise.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by PresVA: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2016
Your happiness trumps anything else in life ... without happiness(satisfaction), you'll live miserably...

You can still migrate to the US someday through a more fulfilling means... smiley

All the best...

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by feldido(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2016
That's a bomb ready to explode at anytime, I might be wrong sha, she might turn out to be the best thing in ur life.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by tayo60(f): 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
eyeview:

I feel for you.
You're walking into trouble. You've got to understand that the value system women hold in the Us is entirely different from that of ladies obtainable here. Women from there are so empowered by law over the men. Though you'll be the husband,get ready to be thrown out of the house,to be arrested by the cops,etc if she you two have a misunderstanding.
I was besieged with such 'introductions' about ten years ago by aunties in the Us who had 'nice girls' over there they wanted me to meet and marry. First of all,their concept of 'nice girls' are way off the mark by our nigerian standards. For eg,you will run a profile on this 'nice girl' and you will find out that she has a boyfriend whom she spends weekends with,drinks(but occassionally),wears some tattoos in some hidden parts of her body,has smoked. You and I know that by our traditional value system,such doesn't fit the bill of a nice girl,talkless of my christian values.
I know some guys who got married under such arrangements. Today,they are either divorced over there(and the courts always will everything to the lady,leaving the guys to start afresh) or they are constantly being walked out of their own house by the cops because their wives called the cops on them. Some of them now call me to express their regrets and wish to even walk out of the marriage and return to Nigeria.
Most times,your interests are never the same but for the temptation to get 'papers',guys jump in. You should consider what you really want in a marriage.
Goodluck
P/s,there may still be ones whom you can strongly connect with and with good family values too
Just said my mind. Wise talk!
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
The love of green card is the root of all evil.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Qualer: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
missvera:
It depends on what you want in life. But don't marry her bcs of the benefits you are going to get if you don't love her.

well... are you a nice girl? cool
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by missvera(f): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Qualer:

well... are you a nice girl? cool
I can't say, it depends on your definition of who a nice girl is.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Qualer: 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
missvera:
I can't say, it depends on your definition of who a nice girl is.

i think you should be, you look like one... but then....
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by gidjah(m): 3:55am On Jun 16, 2016
bros, some of us over here are victims of such scam, pls let it go, you can still(if need be out of naija)find a simple loveable true citizen to marry over there,but you should call it off, o, they are mostly trouble sir, you are gonna get in to big one, you will be tied by so many rules, and regulations, but if she is really cool headed... then you might be able to love her as the relationship progresses.but if na the regular BAR AND JOINT kinda person....(you know the dig),pls let her be.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by cococandy(f): 4:16am On Jun 16, 2016
Yea. Ignore the fact that guy is a user who's marrying someone he feels nothing for just to get papers and become a citizen himself.

If he gets there, cheats on her tomorrow and she files for a divorce, you'll claim you were right. But you conveniently forgot that it takes two people who really want to be together for the marriage to work.

eyeview:

I feel for you.
Goodluck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by bukatyne(f): 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
eyeview:

I feel for you.
Goodluck

Of course,

Because they are not inclined to fast and pray for cheating wives like the Naija sistas here, they are evil.

News flash: Women are beginning to wake up here and strangely, you did not condemn a man who wants to marry a woman for papers aka Paper/Gold digger.

@Bold: Nigerian girls in Nigeria don't do this?

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by cococandy(f): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Don't mind him. He has nothing to say about his obviously greedy brother who wants to marry arrangee wife for his own benefit.

Instead what he saw was an opportunity to paint a group of women black. Mtchew.
bukatyne:

Of course,

Because they are not inclined to fast and pray for cheating wives like the Naija sistas here, they are evil.

News flash: Women are beginning to wake up here and strangely, you did not condemn a man who wants to marry a woman for papers aka Paper/Gold digger.

@Bold: Nigerian girls in Nigeria don't do this?

It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by bukatyne(f): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
cococandy:
Don't mind him. He has nothing to say about his obviously greedy brother who wants to marry arrangee wife for his own benefit.

Instead what he saw was an opportunity to paint a group of women black. Mtchew.

My sister, it is very tiresome.

Like you opined, women never seem to win for some people.

If this guy marries her and they have problems in future, it is still the wife grin; If he even marries a saintly Naija woman in Nigeria and issues still surface, the saintly wife will become demonic!

How are you and family? I saw the peek of omomo and she is beautiful kiss

6 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Tell me about it.

We are good: thanks smiley

bukatyne:

My sister, it is very tiresome.

Like you opined, women never seem to win for some people.

If this guy marries her and they have problems in future, it is still the wife grin; If he even marries a saintly Naija woman in Nigeria and issues still surface, the saintly wife will become demonic!

How are you and family? I saw the peek of omomo and she is beautiful kiss
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by crackhaus: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
okgerald:
Hello,

You don't have something doing that brings you enough money, that's the only reason you're even contemplating this crap.
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by okgerald(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
crackhaus:

You don't have something doing that brings you enough money, that's the only reason you're even contemplating this crap.

I earn a decent income. I am able to buy myself a decent car, rent a decent apartment, I have investment in treasury bill that also brings something to the table. It's not as if I am wretched. I know it's not enough money but not doing badly. This marriage is like a torture to me even though she has done nothing bad. No matter how she try to impress me with gifts I just don't feel that fire, that spark. Nothing at all.

I don't know what kind of trauma it will cause her if I end it right now cos she is crazy in love. She isn't just my type.
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Evidenx(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
simple, give me her number and watch what happens .. u will be free..
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Evidenx(m): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
okgerald:

I earn a decent income. I am able to buy myself a decent car, rent a decent apartment, I have investment in treasury bill that also brings something to the table. It's not as if I am wretched. I know it's not enough money but not doing badly. This marriage is like a torture to me even though she has done nothing bad. No matter how she try to impress me with gifts I just don't feel that fire, that spark. Nothing at all.

I don't know what kind of trauma it will cause her if I end it right now cos she is crazy in love. She isn't just my type.
sorry bro. give me her number,and you will be happy forever.. lol
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by yunqdady: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
Op, how far?
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
okgerald:
Hello,
I wonder of the OP is still alive to tell us how it turned out for him. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by socialmediaman: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
OP how long have you both seriously been in a relationship, or you both were introduced by a mutual friend and you’re getting married already? Since you don’t feel a thing for her yet, slow down and get to know each other first… do your values align? Have you had difficult conversations about culture, lifestyle, marriage expectations, family and finances?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by oldienavie: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
OP I am in a situation similar to yours, just that I live abroad now. I have a lot of options from these abroad girls to marry but they are not just my type .
Cultural compatibility is key in marriage, I have decided to travel back to find wife in Nigeria next year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by wumi2017(f): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
eyeview:

I feel for you.
Goodluck

You said it all
Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
oldienavie:
OP I am in a situation similar to yours, just that I live abroad now. I have a lot of options from these abroad girls to marry but they are not just my type .
Cultural compatibility is key in marriage, I have decided to travel back to find wife in Nigeria next year.
Abroad is littered with so many of such former marriages that started out "culturally compatible" and ended up not so much. undecided

What you call "Cultural compatibility" does not make a marriage. It only gives the illusion of one. undecided

And using a woman for papers, not a marriage either. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by TheeDetective: 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
@Op;

So upon all what you were told of this proposed marriage arrangement being a bad idea; you still went ahead and married the lady? undecided

When the heat started in the marriage, you were complaining according to your post in this thread below? undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3940588/marry-grow-love-marry-person/5#64462006

Why would you even marry someone you don't like/love in the first place? undecided

REALLY RIDICULOUS

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by mariahAngel(f): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheeDetective:
@Op;

So upon all what you were told of this proposed marriage arrangement being a bad idea; you still went ahead and married the lady? undecided

When the heat started in the marriage, you were complaining according to your post in this thread below? undecided

Why would you even marry someone you don't like/love in the first place? undecided

REALLY RIDICULOUS

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity.
You’re indeed a detective. cool

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheeDetective:
@Op;

REALLY RIDICULOUS
You searched the Op out.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
okgerald:

Last last money and citizenship is not everything.

Enjoy your blissful marriage cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Mother And Junior Sister Beating Up Your Wife. / Thread For Persons With Disability / What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.