Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) (21726 Views)

Nimbo Massacre: I Recorded Killing To Show My People Our Success –suspect / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community / Police Arrest Nimbo, Enugu Attackers, Recover Video Of Attack – Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by dre11(m): 8:51am On Jun 15, 2016
…As Nsukka in Diaspora gives relief materials to victims

From Chris O. Chris, Nsukka

At least two victims of the Nimbo, Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State attack by Fulani herdsmen have been confirmed mad as a result of the trauma they sustained during the ugly incident that took place on April 25.

The report was confirmed by the Olowo of the community, Elder Michael Ugwu, when Daily sun visited to know what has become of the community one month after the attack.

Speaking to the correspondent the Olowo of the community, said the community was thrown into confusion and disarray when some women who lost their husbands to the attack suddenly became mad after some weeks.

“It was a big blow to us because we never knew such will happen to some of the women. We barely started recovering when the news came that one Mrs Agnes Ajogu whose husband Okey Ajogu was butchered in her presence by the Fulani herdsmen has gone mad.

Though we have observed that since after the attack, the horror of seeing her husband being butchered and his heart removed from his body, her senses were seriously affected, but we thought she would get over it after some weeks only for her to go mad completely.

“The worst part of the whole thing is that she has nine children and we believe that the thought of how to take care of them might have also contributed to her madness”, Ugwu said.

Ugwu also said that another woman, Mrs Eberechukwu Ako whose husband was killed in her presence was also reported to have lost her senses.

“We are yet to ascertain the truth about her condition, but there is reliable report that she has lost her senses. After witnessing the death of her husband, her late husband’s brother Mr Clement Ako took her to Anambra state to stay with her parents because she was pregnant and there is no one at home to take care of her. News came that she delivered a baby boy and lost her senses after. Presently she is still in Anambra with her parents and we are planning to send some people to go and find out how she is doing”, the Olowo said.

He also said that another woman, Mrs Ako Regina went mad few days after the attack.
He disclosed that Regina is the sister of Cyprian Ako who was also killed during the attack as he was running with his sister.

Regina’s brother Cletus Ako who survived the attack told Daily Sun that the trauma of the incident made his sister to become mad.

“That very day, I was not at home. My brother Cyprian was running with our only sister Regina when he was killed and she witnessed it. She was the one that explained what happened when I came back. But even when she was telling me, she was full of tears and kept repeating words. At first, I thought it was the shock but few days later it became obvious that my sister has gone mad.

“What she does now is going round the entire village showing people my late brother’s passport she was holding and telling them she wants to die with him. It pains me when I remember my dead brother but it is more painful realizing that my only sister has also gone mad when I should use her to console myself over the death of my brother Cyprian”, Cletus lamented.

Meanwhile, an association of Nsukka people living in the USA known as Nsukka USA has supplied relief materials worth millions of naira to the victims of the attack.
They also urged Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi to ban herdsmen from Enugu State.

In an open letter to the governor while presenting the supplies, the President of the association, Evelyn Idoko who was represented by Mr Ikechukwu Ugbor thanked Governor Ugwuanyi on the efforts his administration made to address the Nimbo shocking incident.

She, however, urged him to initiate and implement a law that would ban haphazard herding of animals across the towns and farmlands in the state.

Her words: “As an association, we appreciate the efforts that have been made by your administration so far to address the shocking incident. We believe more still needs to be done to prevent any future terrorist attack against our people. We, therefore, urge you to initiate and implement a law that will ban haphazard herding of animals across the towns and farmlands in the state. Those who want to breed and rear cattle in Enugu should be encouraged to legally acquire land and build a ranch under the control and supervision of the state Ministry of Agriculture.”

She also called on the governor to undertake the immediate renovation of all public and private structures damaged by the herdsmen in the terrorist attack, so that life could return to normal in the Nimbo community.

She urged Ugwuanyi to create a good security network where people could report illegal activities and also increase police patrol across the borders and check-points in the area.

Responding to their letter, the governor who was represented by his Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora and Special Projects, Mrs Olangwa Ezekwu, thanked the association for the supplies they gave to the community and promised to address the issues they raised.

“You people have shown that the affairs of your people at home are your concerns. Enugu State appreciates your efforts and the supplies you have given to them. We will address your calls and ensure that such ugly incident does not repeat itself again. For now, we don’t have a restitution fund for the surviving victims, families and the affected community, but we hope to do that”, the governor said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/nimbo-attack-trauma-causes-2-women-to-go-mad/

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by madridguy(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2016
May God heal them.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by papayeye: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Chai, this our president no get heart at all. Na so ein dey send eim brodas to polash eim enemies. E no good O. God dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by coolitempa(f): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
Where is the aftercare for victims of trauma,......none.....instead the useless governor will be asking for prayers and fasting rather than act... angry......I bet these people have all been abandoned to their fate... angry

8 Likes

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Kondomatic(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2016
This is really sad and our government is not helping matters at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by qualityovenbake(m): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2016
Pitiful! 9 children, father was butchered by fulani herdsmen and now their mother has gone insane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by lecther: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2016
ipob will blame Yoruba for this

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by chriskosherbal(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmm what a life, Lord protect your children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Babe2sure(f): 10:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Eiyah! The world itself has gone mad! Nothing is making sense anymore. Why an human will butcher another without guilt, is what I will never understand.
I just pray the families affected will find closure from the tragedy.
Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by MadCow1: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2016
MadCow. cool
Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by izzou(m): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2016
lecther:
I love your comment..
It shows how a dumb person reasons
Nice one bro

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by tobtap: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2016
nawa ooo
Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Buhari4dullard: 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
The Security in Nigeria is at its lowest point .

Instead of ordering the Police to tackle these Fulani Herdsmen, he orders the Police & Army to shoot unarmed IPOB people
and declares that they can't stop the Fulani Herdsmen.

If he can;t stop fulani herdsmen he should step down for Osibanjo who seems to know what to do.

Please I am not Yoruba but from the Niger Delta.

Buhari should please just go back to his cows.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by MakeWeTalk: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pastor Bosun Emmanuel warned Nigerians about this Islamic agenda and he was abused.

Well we dey all reap wetin we sow.

Every Christian that voted for APC should hang their head in shame.

Listen to him explain in 2014 the islami jihad planned.
Was he not telling the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by lecther: 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
izzou:

I love your comment..

It shows how a dumb person reasons

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by coolzeal(m): 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
lecther:
You don't comment irresponsible on some sensitive issues if you have nothing to say. Have you lost your mind?

11 Likes

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Rinato(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
.since when has Fulani got that freedom Where is the killing fleet to eradicate them!

Kill the kokoroach!

Kill the kokoroach!

Kill the kokoroach!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Savigne(f): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
And the federal government is still watching and waiting for what?.... Some people whose brains are on strike will come here now to yarn dust.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by lecther: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
coolzeal:
Uou don't comment irresponsible on sone sensitive topic if you have nothing to say. Have you lost our mind?
let me remind you of the Benue killings and mile12 riots and how ipob touts rejoiced,carousing in euphoric jubilee
its coward yeebos that have lost their minds

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
The more reason why every community should form militia groups in case of this fulani nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by mesoprogress(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
Our people are not into needless killings. Sights of the horrible atrocities is making these ones mad. To them it's unbelievable that such evil can perpetrated by man against his fellow. Christians are taught to love, shun revenge and pray for blessing of their perceived enemies. Islam encourages revenge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Feranchek(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Where is the aftercare for victims of trauma,......none.....instead the useless governor will be asking for prayers and fasting rather than act... angry......I bet these people have all been abandoned to their fate... angry

That's the most annoying part of it all!! Religion is really killing our people. I don't know how a governor(politician) suddenly become a pastor o0o!! In this modern dispensation, we still call on God to help us do what we are capable of doing??!!

Super Eagles or any national sport team wan play match = they need our prayers to win (like sey dia opponents be ifa worshippers)

We wan do election for state or country = let's pray to God so as to have a credible election.

Now, fulani people come raid your state. You get military, you get police, you get SSS, You still dey ask for fasting and prayers so that God go do watin Use wind pursue the fulanis??!!! angry angry angry

These politicians - and MOST Nigerians, irritate me with their shallow mentality!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Bsc(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
I am a jonathanian... But on this one , I dnt blame it On Buhari...because the case of fulani herdsmen have been before Buhari won as democrat. We Nigerian's don't value human life's, jungle justice everywhere, b4 enugu attack , there have been cases during jonathans regime such as , herdsmen attack in obi, awe, nassarawa eggon LGAs of Nasarawa state , even agatu in Benue state. There was nothing done.. 50persons shot dead in a gay club , the entire US mourned. Am sure from now hence forth premier gay clubs will be provided with heavy security..
We all need reorientation... God help us...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by coolzeal(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
lecther:
let me remind you of the Benue killings and mile12 riots and how ipob touts rejoiced
its coward yeebos that have lost their minds
It's an act of stupidity for anyone to mock the plight of anyone irrespective of ethnic belonging or religion. You don't have to belong to this set of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Misconstrued
Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
mesoprogress:
Our people are not into needless killings. Sights of the horrible atrocities is making these ones mad. To them it's unbelievable that such evil can perpetrated by man against his fellow. Christians are taught to love, shun revenge and pray for blessing of their perceived enemies. Islam encourages revenge.
Ohh please.... SHUT UP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by lecther: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
coolzeal:
It's an act of stupidity for anyone to mock the plight of anyone irrespective of ethnic belonging or religion. You don't have to belong to this set of stupidity.
preach your gospel to ipob minions.
i have decided to belong and ridicule them for their lack of sympathy and empathy,brash boastful and lousy behaviour.
thanks

7 Likes

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by David4best(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Many Politicians are very heartless. They value power/position than human life. They governor of Enugu State is playing polities with the life of Enugu people. He wants the northerners & president Buhari to like him that is why he does not want to follow governor Fayose method/step about Fulani Herdsmen terrorist. I never knew d solution is as simple as stopping cattle grazing & assign cattle ranch only according to governor Fayose. It is because d family member of these governors & politicians are not affected that is why they are keeping quiet on d necessary action. "Love your neighbor as yourself". May be the governor of Enugu State wants to contest as Vice President in 2019. So that Notherners will pick & vote him. We voted people that don't care about our life into political offices. Ekiti people will never forget governor Fayose in life. Even after his dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) by Victorvexz(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
coolzeal:
Save your preaching and sermon for the Ipob youths. Teach them how to behave humans. When Fulani herdsmen where killing in Agatu, the Igbo used that opportunity to laugh at the people of benue, see how they were rejoicing all over naira land, my brother, if u were from benue, u will cry at how in humane they are. What about the Mile 12 crisis between Yoruba and Hausa, the igbos were very happy that day, they were even predicting that it will lead to tribal war and later result to the break up of Nigeria which they want. But unfortunately, they were disappointed, because the Yoruba and Hausa moved on as if nothing had happened.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Commends Buhari For Suspending FRC Code / Mass Resignation Hits PDP In Delta State / Beg Obasanjo & Be Saved- Fani-kayode To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.