Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

False Accusations Of Rape - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Accusations Of Rape (706 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple / PAUL-NATHAN UDEZE Denies Accusations Of Being A TAGITE / Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Accusations Of Rape by urahara(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2016
We know the bible shares a lot of stories in common with the greeks , hindus , babylonians , etc like flood myths , dying gods, dangerous child myths . but what many of us may not know is that it also shares a false accusation of rape story with these cultures .

Meet the greek hero called bellarophone.

Bellerophon was residing as a guest of King Proteus. Proteus’s wife Antea lusted for Bellerophon. Bellerophon refused her sexual advances. Antea then told Proteus that Bellerophon was attempting to seduce her forcefully. She urged Proteus to kill Bellerophon. However, in ancient Greek ethics, killing a guest is immoral. Without giving Belleropon a hearing, Proteus sent Bellerophon to Antea’s father Lycia with a private message requesting Bellerophon’s death. Lycia sent Bellerphon on tasks intended to bring about his death. Bellerophon killed the fire-breathing monster Chimaera with the heat of her own breath, he defeated the fiercely violent Solymanas tribe, and he overcame the Amazons. Bellerophon also wiped out an ambush that Lycia himself set with his strongest men. Lycia then embraced Bellerophon as a son.

In egypt

A false accusation of rape prompted male sexual renunciation in the ancient Egyptian story of two brothers. In this story, which was written about 1225 BGC, the older brother’s wife sexually propositioned the younger brother. He rebuffed her sexual advance. She then made herself look beaten and sick. She told her husband that his brother sought to have sex with her and beat her. She demanded that he kill his brother, or she would kill herself. Moreover, she urged her husband not to let his brother speak; she claimed that otherwise the younger brother would escape and attack her again. The older brother prepared to ambush and kill his younger brother returning home in the evening. But the cows that the younger brother was herding home warned him of his older brother’s ambush. The younger brother fled, with the older brother in murderous pursuit. The Sun God intervened in the chase to separate the brothers by a river containing crocodiles. The younger brother explained what happened. After he finished explaining with words, he cut off his own penis and threw it in the river.[1] Recognition of men’s inferiority in guile prompted a man’s sexual renunciation before his brother.

In the roman empire

The younger Egyptian brother, Bellerophon, and Joseph faced false accusations of rape in cosmopoetic literature. False accusation of rape was also a motif in less symbolically prominent, popular literature.[4] One such example is the Book of Sindibad / Seven Sages of Rome corpus. This corpus became widely distributed in western Eurasia from 500 to 1500 GC.[5] In the frame narrative of that corpus, the king’s wife propositions her step-son. He rejects her sexual advance. She then tells the king that his son attempted to rape her. Without a hearing from his son, the king orders his son killed. The king’s counselors intervene and urge restraint with cautionary fables. The king’s wife pushes for death with competing fables. The king vacillates:

{counselor} “Sir, I have not related this fable to you for any reason except that you may understand the deceits of women, whose wiles are potent and numberless.” And the king ordered that his son should not be killed.
{wife} “Sir, if you do not see to the punishment of your son before he commits further atrocities, he will destroy you.” And the king ordered his son put to death.
{counselor} “Sir, I told you this story only so that you would not execute your son on the word of a woman, for in women are contained deceits without number.” And the king ordered the execution stayed.
{wife} “Sir, I have related this tale to you so that you will not depend upon your wicked counselors. If you do not wreak justice for me on the one who has wronged me, I shall destroy myself with my own hands.” And the king ordered his son put to death.
{counselor} “Sir, I have related this tale to you so that you will not execute your son until you know the truth, and will not be sorry.”
{wife}”If you do not give me satisfaction against this prince, you will see what these wicked counselors will do for you. After I am dead we shall see what you will get from their advice. And when you stand before God, what will you say, having committed such a great wrong in letting your son live and having refused to see justice done? And how can you, failing to do what is just in this world, permit him to live, on the recommendation of your wicked advisors and privy-counselors? I know that you will be called to account by God!” … the king feared that she would take the poison she was carrying in her hand, and he ordered his son slain.

Now here is the account of Bellerophon as told by Homer in The Iliad [The Iliad VI: 156-170, as quoted by Astour, ibid., p. 257]:

To Bellerophontes the gods granted beauty and desirable manhood; but Proitos in anger devised evil things against him, and drove him out of his own domain, since he was far greater … Beautiful Anteia the wife of Proitos was stricken with passion to lie in love with him, and yet she could not beguile valiant Bellerophontes, whose will was virtuous. So she went to Proitos the king and uttered her falsehood. “Would you be killed, O Proitos? Then murder Bellerophontes who tried to lie with me in love, though I was unwilling”. So she spoke, and anger took hold of the king at her story. He shrank from killing him, since his heart was awed by such action, but sent him away to Lykia, and handed him murderous symbols, which he inscribed in a folding tablet, enough to destroy life, and told him to show it to his wife’s father, that he might perish.

Pls state your thoughts on this .

Cc

Hardmirror

Johnnydon22

Valentine mary

Davien

Cloud godess

Freecocoa
Re: False Accusations Of Rape by urahara(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
cool
Re: False Accusations Of Rape by urahara(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:
We know the bible shares a lot of stories in common with the greeks , hindus , babylonians , etc like flood myths , dying gods, dangerous child myths . but what many of us may not know is that it also shares a false accusation of rape story with these cultures .

Meet the greek hero called bellarophone.

Bellerophon was residing as a guest of King Proteus. Proteus’s wife Antea lusted for Bellerophon. Bellerophon refused her sexual advances. Antea then told Proteus that Bellerophon was attempting to seduce her forcefully. She urged Proteus to kill Bellerophon. However, in ancient Greek ethics, killing a guest is immoral. Without giving Belleropon a hearing, Proteus sent Bellerophon to Antea’s father Lycia with a private message requesting Bellerophon’s death. Lycia sent Bellerphon on tasks intended to bring about his death. Bellerophon killed the fire-breathing monster Chimaera with the heat of her own breath, he defeated the fiercely violent Solymanas tribe, and he overcame the Amazons. Bellerophon also wiped out an ambush that Lycia himself set with his strongest men. Lycia then embraced Bellerophon as a son.

In egypt

A false accusation of rape prompted male sexual renunciation in the ancient Egyptian story of two brothers. In this story, which was written about 1225 BGC, the older brother’s wife sexually propositioned the younger brother. He rebuffed her sexual advance. She then made herself look beaten and sick. She told her husband that his brother sought to have sex with her and beat her. She demanded that he kill his brother, or she would kill herself. Moreover, she urged her husband not to let his brother speak; she claimed that otherwise the younger brother would escape and attack her again. The older brother prepared to ambush and kill his younger brother returning home in the evening. But the cows that the younger brother was herding home warned him of his older brother’s ambush. The younger brother fled, with the older brother in murderous pursuit. The Sun God intervened in the chase to separate the brothers by a river containing crocodiles. The younger brother explained what happened. After he finished explaining with words, he cut off his own penis and threw it in the river.[1] Recognition of men’s inferiority in guile prompted a man’s sexual renunciation before his brother.

In the roman empire

The younger Egyptian brother, Bellerophon, and Joseph faced false accusations of rape in cosmopoetic literature. False accusation of rape was also a motif in less symbolically prominent, popular literature.[4] One such example is the Book of Sindibad / Seven Sages of Rome corpus. This corpus became widely distributed in western Eurasia from 500 to 1500 GC.[5] In the frame narrative of that corpus, the king’s wife propositions her step-son. He rejects her sexual advance. She then tells the king that his son attempted to rape her. Without a hearing from his son, the king orders his son killed. The king’s counselors intervene and urge restraint with cautionary fables. The king’s wife pushes for death with competing fables. The king vacillates:

{counselor} “Sir, I have not related this fable to you for any reason except that you may understand the deceits of women, whose wiles are potent and numberless.” And the king ordered that his son should not be killed.
{wife} “Sir, if you do not see to the punishment of your son before he commits further atrocities, he will destroy you.” And the king ordered his son put to death.
{counselor} “Sir, I told you this story only so that you would not execute your son on the word of a woman, for in women are contained deceits without number.” And the king ordered the execution stayed.
{wife} “Sir, I have related this tale to you so that you will not depend upon your wicked counselors. If you do not wreak justice for me on the one who has wronged me, I shall destroy myself with my own hands.” And the king ordered his son put to death.
{counselor} “Sir, I have related this tale to you so that you will not execute your son until you know the truth, and will not be sorry.”
{wife}”If you do not give me satisfaction against this prince, you will see what these wicked counselors will do for you. After I am dead we shall see what you will get from their advice. And when you stand before God, what will you say, having committed such a great wrong in letting your son live and having refused to see justice done? And how can you, failing to do what is just in this world, permit him to live, on the recommendation of your wicked advisors and privy-counselors? I know that you will be called to account by God!” … the king feared that she would take the poison she was carrying in her hand, and he ordered his son slain.

Now here is the account of Bellerophon as told by Homer in The Iliad [The Iliad VI: 156-170, as quoted by Astour, ibid., p. 257]:

To Bellerophontes the gods granted beauty and desirable manhood; but Proitos in anger devised evil things against him, and drove him out of his own domain, since he was far greater … Beautiful Anteia the wife of Proitos was stricken with passion to lie in love with him, and yet she could not beguile valiant Bellerophontes, whose will was virtuous. So she went to Proitos the king and uttered her falsehood. “Would you be killed, O Proitos? Then murder Bellerophontes who tried to lie with me in love, though I was unwilling”. So she spoke, and anger took hold of the king at her story. He shrank from killing him, since his heart was awed by such action, but sent him away to Lykia, and handed him murderous symbols, which he inscribed in a folding tablet, enough to destroy life, and told him to show it to his wife’s father, that he might perish.

Pls state your thoughts on this .

Cc

Hardmirror

Johnnydon22

Valentine mary

Davien

Cloud godess

Freecocoa

Re: False Accusations Of Rape by ValentineMary(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2016
It's obvious that the bible is work of plagiarism. Even, the story of Noah was copied from the Babylonian mythology of Enki. grin
Re: False Accusations Of Rape by urahara(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2016
ValentineMary:
It's obvious that the bible is work of plagiarism. Even, the story of Noah was copied from the Babylonian mythology of Enki. grin

Its almost as if there is nothing original in the bible again.
Re: False Accusations Of Rape by ValentineMary(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

Its almost as if there is nothing original in the bible again.
Most are not original. Nah just copy, paste and edit them do.
Re: False Accusations Of Rape by urahara(m): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2016
ValentineMary:

Most are not original. Nah just copy, paste and edit them do.

Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheism E-warriors Can Be $1million Richer By Just Explaining This. / Homosexuality And Other Matters / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/07/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.