Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today (708 Views)

Abuja Female Corpers Disgrace Soldier Who Views Their Nude Bodies In NYSC Camp / 'Armed Forces Staff' Admires Alleged Rapist's Joystick, Blames His Victims / "Nigerian Policemen Are Armed Robbers" -Girl Makes Shocking Allegation. See PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today by BavarianLad: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
The heading might be incoherent, but this is what just happened a few minutes ago right in my presence at Multichoice (DSTV) office in Aba.

A gang of armed kidnappers successfully picked up a man at popular St Michaels Road and were escaping through same road when they yelled at one onlooker to get of the way so they can shoot a mobile policeman who was apparently unarmed and unconscious of what was going on. Fortunately for the police man, he lied down flat in surrender and the bandits moved on. On getting to Multichoice office two armed mobile policemen attached to an individual were standing outside an electronic shop, knowing what was going on but didn't try to even place a finger on their trigger let alone pulling it despite having ample opportunity to open fire. They only docked in defence or in whatever they had in mind.

The kidnappers left St Michaels Road and a team of armed policemen arrived in pursuit of the already gone kidnappers. To make the matter worse, one illiterate and senseless policeman among the team who just arrived was shouting, "na so dem go kidnap every rich man for Aba, una never see anything".

My confusion is, are policemen attached to individuals prohibited from combating crime of quelling attacks not against those they are guarding? In the case of the two mobile policemen who had the opportunity of taking out at least two of the gang members. The other one is understandable, he's just one of the fortunate illiterates in our various forces.

All these happened while I was standing in the premises of Multichoice office just a few minutes ago.
Lalasticlacla
Re: Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Of course.

Our police are only good at exhorting money and running away in the face of danger. Big cowards I tel ya.

The day I realized that was the day I became a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today by BavarianLad: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Jolsnow:
Of course.

Our police are only good at exhorting money and running away in the face of danger. Big cowards I tel ya.

The day I realized that was the day I became a Nigerian.
The kidnapped man might have been thinking the police will do something to foil the kidnap, not knowing he sold his hope for a N50 counterfeit note.
Re: Some policemen are a disgrace to armed forces: My experience in Aba Today by Seeeeeeee: 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pictures of the kidnappers or

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen : Cattle Rearers On Another Killing Rampage In Delta State / Kidnapped Rev Father Killed In Benue! / Ijaw Militants Causing Havoc In Igbolomu Area Of Ikorodu In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.