Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja (20324 Views)

IPOB Members Protest In Abia, Demand To Know Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts (Photos) / Badmus Dolapo Becomes Certified PR Personnel (photos) / AirForce Personnel Begin Training In Kaduna To Sharpen Their Skills. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Innomach(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Just trying to imagine and compose Lie Mohammed's press release if this was done under GEJ government.
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by iswallker(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
LordaGuru:
What's Life without Hope. A better Nigeria is achievable, if you believe it click Like.

how much...
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by xrayz(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
The federal government said they don't have genuine employment so my questions now are

* Do they have employment letter? if yes, signed by who?
*Have they been collecting salary before now?
* who trained them?
if the answer to these questions is in their favour then the court should be their next point of call.
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by lukman885(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
nwaire:
Hired crowd, so those women is front are Immigration officers too undecided
its not what you think ...I was their myself.

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by iswallker(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
they say suspend, these ones are saying sack; what will i believe now...
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by smellingmenses: 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
jagbajantis govt nony

jargonzboi:
How can one government highhandedly sack 2000 government workers?
Where is that done? undecided

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by lukman885(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
iswallker:
Mr man ...buhari used the word "suspend" in the circular he distributed to various command to disperse #2000 officers as of may 2015 yet they have not been called ...haba are they not human ...abi suspension don be synonymous to sack neh
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by smellingmenses: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
sack/suspend under this wicked economy when pmb is pumping 6 million pounds into UK economy to treat his ear is wicked!

iswallker:
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by amosgaladima(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Immigration Avengers coming soon...
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color][code][/code] GIGO
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by smellingmenses: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
I pray that you become like those guys suddenly....
Keneking:
Corruption is fighting back undecided

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by smellingmenses: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
u no get sense sir

Bolustic:

This is one of the reasons employers say Nigerian graduates are not employable. Ordinary difference between SACK and SUSPENSION, you don't understand. Later you'll will say Buhari is a dullard. REMOVE THE LOG OF WOOD IN YOUR EYES BEFORE REMOVING THE MOTE IN OTHERS.

I don't believe the govt that plans to provide more jobs would sack a whopping 2,000 workers.
It's either they are suspended on disciplinary issues or recruitment process.

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by smellingmenses: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
FG is NOT broke!
meltiplexer:

Who sack who? Read and Understand before you comment,there training was suspended as news NIS recruit. when your federal government is broke that is what happen.
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Compliant(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
jargonzboi:
ASK THEM HOW THEY WERE EMPLOYED

SUSPENDED BRO NOT SACK
OXFORD DICTIONARY IS CHEAP

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by kuuljay(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
He who equates SUSPENSION with SACK should go ask for a refund of his school fees grin grin grin
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by favouritesahaba: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
NextGovernor:
Government sack people and no government official is talking but private sectors sack, they say why will they sack as if they are the one to pay the salary for them. All those people shouting and praising Ngige should come and see this.

Nigeria government is one hell of a thing I swear.

Sack or suspension? Read again
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by daretodo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
One will be one day; Zambia shall be free!
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by olanshile2016(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
2000 haha too much
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by FedericGodwin: 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why is it that people are not asking why they were sacked.
Since the inception of the so called "using leg" to get employment everything has become bad, who employed them and under what condition?
If they got their employment through backdoor they must be dismissed. Many of them are not fit if you make enquiries.
Please, the immigration should tell the public the raison d'etal of their actions against these Nigerians
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Achuwa1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bolustic:

This is one of the reasons employers say Nigerian graduates are not employable. Ordinary difference between SACK and SUSPENSION, you don't understand. Later you'll will say Buhari is a dullard. REMOVE THE LOG OF WOOD IN YOUR EYES BEFORE REMOVING THE MOTE IN OTHERS.

I don't believe the govt that plans to provide more jobs would sack a whopping 2,000 workers.
It's either they are suspended on disciplinary issues or recruitment process.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Reason with ur brain in ur head & stop reasoning with ur foot.
where have they ever suspended up to 2000 people in a govt parastatal since u grew up to have sense.
suspension here simply means sack & get back to me anytime u hear they have called them back coz this apc & pmb i know have just given this ppl their matching order,just waiting for Ngige to come address the populace with anger just like he did when banks sacked.
NONSESNE govt!!!
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by potential228(m): 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
Achuwa1:
they say 'charity begins at home',,,,,,,,,,,,this is where minister of Labour Ngige should have channeled his anger & made statement about sacking of work force in the govt first,b4 attacking private business owners like banks.
Doesnt the labour act protect this govt workers aswel tht NIS just sacked ?
it is left for all those supporting Ngige's statement against bank sack & quoting labour employment act law to answer.
contrary to what you are saying, they are not yet confirmed as civil servants..
so u can't compare them with the bank staffs , that were sacked! Private treat their workers as slaves and I can never support them on this, I just think it's high time government look into their activities. Our people in their hands work like lion and eat like ant!
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by kuuljay(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am suspecting the same thing is going to happen in my office because some of these chief executives where given waivers to employ like 50 for example but they went ahead and employed 100 so the monthly personal costs are not enough as budgeted so as I speak to you right now the payment have been fluctuating,sometimes we don't get paid for three months because thy will say our personell cost is exausted
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Ahmeduana(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Koboko69, Go and tell them that they were fraudulently recruited and "quackly" trained.

Riffraff that got no sympathy for humanity except on political exigencies still got opinions when humans are discussing.
AM SURE THAT MORE THAN 80% OF THESE PEOPLE VOTED FOR CHANGE!
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by iswallker(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
lukman885:
Mr man ...buhari used the word "suspend" in the circular he distributed to various command to disperse #2000 officers as of may 2015 yet they have not been called ...haba are they not human ...abi suspension don be synonymous to sack neh

okaaay..those ones that just came out of training school; they had not even received their first salary.... undecided

thought they said it was a corruption riddled exercise and had been cancelled...so why are those folks still protesting....
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by unto(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
This administration is fraud. Government that promise to create job opportunities now the reverse is the case people are losing their jobs because of incompetency in this government chei there is God o
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Jexyme(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
Heheheheheheheeheheeheheh!!!!!

My Naija pipu no english ko??

I say na suspension and I com dey say na sack ko.

May God deliver u from this kind of self-incurred blindness and ignorance...........mtchewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by MadamExcellency: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
potential228:

contrary to what you are saying, they are not yet confirmed as civil servants..
so u can't compare them with the bank staffs , that were sacked! Private treat their workers as slaves and I can never support them on this, I just think it's high time government look into their activities. Our people in their hands work like lion and eat like ant!

What relevant Labour law says you can dismiss unconfirmed employees arbitrarily?

The sack includes 18 months employees and if you must know, non of them is below six months of service stipulated for probation period.
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Sirsfifty: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by BABANGBALI: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
jargonzboi:
in Nigeria
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by stefan388: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Keneking:
Corruption is fighting back undecided
From thos Buhari government, I have come to know how powerful, the devil is. Buhari is the real satan who have come to shut this country. Show us your certificate, you are in turn hiring more than ten SANs to file a defence. Which currption is more than this?

Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by emmalexabl(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pls what offense did they commit that warranted this sack..??

We ask to see the names on that list.....

We want to know the breakdown...

How many from North and how many from South.... wink
Re: 2,000 Suspended Immigration Personnel Protest In Abuja by Theonlyway: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
Don't let us be fooled by politicians. Government cannot create jobs and has never been able to do so. Creating an enabling environment has been a difficult task for them over the years. Managing common assets in the country have been like getting to Everest. Now you want them to create jobs that they could not create when they had all the money. For many years they have not be able to fully implement a simple budget. I laugh at those who want to put their future in hands of a government whose hands are already full with inabilities. Too much crisis to chew. Dwindling revenue from oil, crashing tax revenue from power starved companies who can longer make enough profit to pay tax and low VAT from low purchasing power of consumers. Need I say more?
I know you are comfortable with news likes, “400,000 Registrations In 36 Hour at the just opened Nigeria Government Job site” or “Over 500,000 candidates apply for police job”. That is just to exposed the desperation of Nigerians who are unemployed and the thousands who have just lost their jobs these past months. It could be an opportunity for scammers both in government quarters and in the public domain. We did not start today to hear of Customs, Immigration, Quarantine, NDLEA, DSS, Police and the Federal Civil Service recruitment programmes. In fact, that of custom is almost every month and they still don’t have enough staff to man their different positions. Who is deceiving who?
I will prefer government focus on their area of expectation. creating an enabling environment and watch people like Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Hope Eno, (you can put your name here) Unilever, PZ, Shoprite, Justrite, Mr Biggs’ Alaba International market and thousands of small businesses who employ one to ten persons to thrive and create more sustainable jobs. Yes, the government can make the noise and give empty promises on jobs, but we all know where that always end. The immigration Job saga is still by the corner, yet to enter the history books. Let us not bite our fingers twice. Our generation must not be taken for a ride. Give us the opportunity and will beat the skies. Time to create our own future. Don’t wait for government. More on creating jobs and businesses on 08023982600

9th NASS: Goje Endorses Kalu For Deputy Senate President (photos) / Peter Obi: Labour Party Faction Heads To Court / Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs