Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:12 PM

Which Pays: Buying From Online Stores Or The Usual Stores? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Pays: Buying From Online Stores Or The Usual Stores? (419 Views)

Reasons Why You Are Yet Successful From Online Business / List Of Online Stores In Nigeria / How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Pays: Buying From Online Stores Or The Usual Stores? by LordOfNaira: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
On online stores like Konga, Jumia, etc, prices are fixed. You can't bargain.

Same can't be said about the usual stores around us. You can actually bargain.

The question is: "Which pays?" I know that sometimes, these online stores sell at fair discounts but sometimes, if you calculated the selling price with the cost of courier service, you would wonder how the discount is even beneficial.

Moreover, when I look at the price of some products on an online store, I usually think them quite outrageous. And the fact that you can't even bargain makes it all the more hard to like.

I will like to read people's views on this.

Thanks!!
Re: Which Pays: Buying From Online Stores Or The Usual Stores? by PinketteDawn: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Well, I would say it depends on the product to you want to buy and how important it is to you to have the product.

Some of the products you can find online are not readily available in the usual stores around you. If you can find them online and you really need them, then you have no choice but to buy them and sacrifice the shipping costs.

My guide to online shopping
1. Check every store around you to convince yourself that the product you are looking for is not availablemor more affordable in any of those stores.
2. Go online and compare prices of the product from the must trusted/reputable online stores. Harness any discount/sales opportunity if available. (Do your research wella)
3. Consider the shipping costs, delivery time frame, payment method (some offer pay on delivery option so you actually get to see the product before you pay) and return policies as well.
4. Read reviews on the seller.
4. Give your honest review, if you can, once you receive your product

For me, you cannot compare the two because both have their pros and cons. Depends on the customer.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Postal Service Is The Best Affordable For International Deliveries?? / Happy Sunday All, How Much Is The Converted Hummer Bus, 2007 Model, Any Info P / 7 Tips You Should Know Before Starting That New Buisness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.