Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? (1580 Views)

See What Other Africans Have To Say About Nigerians And Nigeria As A Country / Why Didn't Oprah Bring Other Africans To That Her Fine School In SA? / South Africans Are More Into African Traditional Religions Than Other Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? by KekeNash(f): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Since Nigeria top spot of africa's biggest economy we can't even fart in public, they will say they are smarter, but can smart people even say that? we are Giant Of Africa, gateway to africa, we have swag, LOL, we are best why? And they can diss other africans to shame especially South Africans, since i have been here most Nigerians call Southies Aids infested, lazy morons ,slaves, xenophobic etc. The sad thing i learnt they are so far behind in almost everything, they are not what they claim they are. Nigerians for you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? by 989900: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
KekeNash:
[s]Since Nigeria top spot of africa's biggest economy we can't even fart in public[/s], they will say they are smarter, but can smart people even say that? we are Giant Of Africa, gateway to africa, we have swag, LOL, we are best why? And they can diss other africans to shame especially South Africans, since i have been here most Nigerians call Southies Aids infested, lazy morons ,slaves, xenophobic etc. The sad thing i learnt they are so far behind in almost everything, they are not what they claim they are. Nigerians for you

That struck-through part has little or nothing to do with it.

I've had the privilege of visiting a few African countries, and over the past 20 something years, the privilege of interacting, working, befriending/unfriending, almost all the over 50 nationals of Africa, either in Africa or out of it.

My verdict: There are smart people all over Africa, and dumb people as well.

On the average, Nigerians are generally more exposed/informed than most other Africans; above all, Nigerians are more daring, brave, courageous, and confrontational.

Ask people who went to Libya in the 90s, they will tell you Libyan policemen have a saying: one Nigerian is equal to 10 other Africans (in everything, from good to bad).

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? by jmichlins(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
The reason is simple we are better than you
Re: Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? by alanmwene: 2:49am On Jun 17, 2016
989900:

I've had the privilege of visiting a few African countries, and over the past 20 something years, the privilege of interacting, working, befriending/unfriending, almost all the over 50 nationals of Africa, either in Africa or out of it.
On the average, Nigerians are generally more exposed/informed than most other Africans; above all, Nigerians are more daring, brave, courageous, and confrontational.
Ask people who went to Libya in the 90s, they will tell you Libyan policemen have a saying: one Nigerian is equal to 10 other Africans (in everything, from good to bad).
If so,why are some illiterate herdsmen causing fear and chaos in the whole Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Think They Are Better Than Other Africans? by BigBashiru: 12:04pm On Dec 13, 2023
989900:

Being confrontational is savage and barbaric.

(1) (Reply)

HEAR African Nairalanders! YOU Can Help Save Our Cultures! / How Many Languages Does An Average Nigerian Speak ? / In Your Dialect -What Is The Language Appellation For This Farm Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.