Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android (10930 Views)

Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded / Whatsapp New Feature To Allow You Demote Group Admins / Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Abudu2000(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2016
lifezone247:
make una help me tell this guy abeg. Which kind yeye big boys?
its all about choice baby!!
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by mrbillz(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=Kesmakveli post=46616698][/quote]I bin think say na only me dey observe the idiot oo... The guy no dey taya at all angry
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by lifezone247(m): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Abudu2000:
its all about choice baby!!
bro, that thing is fkkking boring.
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Akinz0126(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2016
uselessgoat:

undecided This mtn scam guy u no dey tire Do people really fall for your lame tricks You will be nabbed by the authorities soon. Oloriburuku angry

No mind the Mugu Karma is a beach.I do fell for it once sha But you know the saying Fool me once you are a fool But fool me twice Den am the recipient....
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Akinz0126:

No mind the Mugu Karma is a beach.I do fell for it once sha But you know the saying Fool me once you are a fool But fool me twice Den am the recipient....

What happened when you fell for it? Did he asked u for money? Pks share ur story so we can learn
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Kesmakveli(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2016
laparry12:
Honestly, but why do d mods allow it to get to FP? Abi na dem?
My dear same questions I asked myself .. Just short of words
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by bello2527: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2016
@SUREINFO, Posting about freemtnpromo, you a scammer and 419, God will punish you for that.
find something doing rather than this your useless acts of stealing peoples recharge cards.
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by just2endowed: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]the [quote author=chewe4cert post=46616282][/quote]

This is a scammer and the truth is, his post has been flooding everywhere.

In nairaland, the mods ban th good guys, while he-mods allow the bad guys to stays on in corrupting nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by just2endowed: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2016
We can as well ask dragnet
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by oodua1stson: 8:30am On Jun 16, 2016
lifezone247:
Facebook trying to stay relevant by all means.
still the most popular and richest social media platform

So saying they're trying to stay relevant sound r£tArded
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by selfdefence: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Thumbs up to Facebook!!
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by lakefist(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2016
henrydadon:

Are u blaming him or the mods that have refuse to hand him a lifetime ban..

In fact am suspecting these our mods..because he always at front page
It is not MOds fault ooo, personally i always report the post using the report post and he get ban immediately but they still go ahead to create another account to post. The best thing is to nab the poster physically.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by nairacountry(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Kesmakveli:
[/quote]

[quote author=lakefist post=46618699]
It is not MOds fault ooo, personally i always report the post using the report post and he get ban immediately but they still go ahead to create another account to post. The best thing is to nab the poster physically.

People should take note that you all have the power to erase/delete any scam post here On Nairaland by simply click "report" and type 'rule 16' the post will be immediately deleted by spam bot. Let's save our unsuspecting peeps from these unscrupulous elements on our web space.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Kesmakveli(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2016
nairacountry:

People should take note that you all have the power to erase/delete any scam post here On Nairaland by simply click "report" and type 'rule 16' the post will be immediately deleted by spam bot. Let's save our unsuspecting peeps from these unscrupulous elements on our web space.

OK very good @Nairacountry.. Please it will go a long way too if you can create a topic on this so that our colleagues here will be more enlightened. Well done Sir!
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by legendsilver(m): 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
TechsNG:
This isn’t the first time Facebook is introducing SMS feature to its messenger app for Android users. It was initially in existence until around 2012 when it was removed by Facebook.

Now, Facebook is bringing back the SMS feature for Android users on the messenger platform.

Basically, what the SMS feature does is, users can choose the messenger app as their preferred SMS app. I.e, users will be able to send and receive standard texts, images, videos and audio. Including rich contents such as stickers and emojis. Other form of content like GIFs, video and calls etc would have to be communicated using the messenger instead.

Facebook assures you that your privacy is safe as it doesn’t send, upload or store any of your conversations on its servers as all messages are sent and received via standard SMS protocol and not cellular data.

If you’d like to use the messenger app as your default SMS app on Android, simply make sure you are running the latest version of messenger. Thereafter, launch the app and tap on settings > select SMS and turn it on as the default SMS app.

Source: http://www.techsng.com/2016/06/facebook-re-introduces-sms-feature-messenger-android.html
See wetin wassap cus
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by Kunlegzy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is pure invasion of privacy , apart from the fact that the app is a battery hog, facebook now want to have access to people contact and text.... time to remove FB messenger once and for all. Case closed!
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by TechsNG: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
JOAN11:
but will the sms be charged from our data balance or from account bal?

Standard texts will be charged from your account balance. Other rich content like GIFs, Voice and video content will be charged using your data via the messenger app.
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by JOAN11(f): 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
TechsNG:

Standard texts will be charged from your account balance. Other rich content like GIFs, Voice and video content will be charged using your data via the messenger app.
am sorry but i stll dont understand
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by AnodaIT(m): 12:07am On Jun 17, 2016
JOAN11:
Normal SMS will be charged from your account bal but if you wan do another thing like to send pix or video or recorded voice, na your data messenger go use. Inú?
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by JOAN11(f): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2016
AnodaIT:

Normal SMS will be charged from your account bal but if you wan do another thing like to send pix or video or recorded voice, na your data messenger go use. Inú?
ohk,darlu smiley
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by TechsNG: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
JOAN11:

OK. In Nigerian terms, normal text messages will be charged via your account balance while other kind of contents like GIFs (Picture animations), Voice and videos will be charged from your data. Capish?
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by JOAN11(f): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
TechsNG:

OK. In Nigerian terms, normal text messages will be charged via your account balance while other kind of contents like GIFs (Picture animations), Voice and videos will be charged from your data. Capish?
ok got it thanks
Re: Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android by sureinfo: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
bello2527:
@SUREINFO, Posting about freemtnpromo, you a scammer and 419, God will punish you for that.
find something doing rather than this your useless acts of stealing peoples recharge cards.
. Wetin happen? Why you come quote me de call me scammer? Where did I ask for recharge card?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is My Phone Slow? 5 Most Common Issues / Airtel NG Is Dishing Out 10mb & N400 Worth Airtime,get Urs Now! / Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.