Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President (7057 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / National ASUU Begins Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by TheSeeker(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2009
I say universities remain closed until the issues are ironed out. Keep deceiving yourselves that ASUU are your detractors. Maybe Yaradua already have seen how ignorant and unintelligent you are and he asks himself, "why dole out so much money to education when the students haven't shown enough quality in correspondence to the little they've been provided with?" What a shame!
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by olugbon01(m): 8:02am On Sep 11, 2009
uchemummy:

ASUU and fg should settle amicably
this is really crazy, a sane man shuld settle amicably with someone who is mad embarassed
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by nethacker(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2009
i will continue to nurse my hatred for 9ja government
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by RUBRICS(m): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2009
ASUU+Govt, reach a favourable compromise plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by davido11: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
floriana:

These lecturers should go and sit down. Do they have the heart to contest election in nigeria? Can they fight electoral war and win elections? if not, why do they begrudge the politicians who pass through the valley of the shadow of death to win elections? They should let our politicians enjoy the fruit of their labour in peace o.
bolanleodu:

With a band of senseless ASSU and a nonchalant FG, where do you think they'll steer this nation to, doom thats what its call. But sincerely i think FG deserves more spanking than Assu. Why should political office holders earn that much in the first place no wonder that why they kill themselves to get there. Imagine we had a stronger naira that can by more of commodities, why should people or assu want more than is necessary?
i think the FG is mischevous. come to think of it, the major problem mr president said was wrong witH tHe signing of the agreement was that it will be biding on the state govt. ASUU immediately wrote that if that is the case, they should delete that part of he agreement. theY reaffirm its not going to be binding on tHe state govt. but come to think of iT, THIS SAME Fed. govt has the following agencies NUC, EFCC, ICPC. all these agencies go beyond the federal level to interfere in both states and private sectors by setting a good stanard in our country. infact NUC even extend to the private Univesities for accreditation. why then should the fed. govt. who interferes with private and state universities in setting minimum standad now turn around to say they dont want to interfere with state universities by setting minmum salary structre (is that not a good standard? which NUC fail to act upon). is that not mischief?? ASUU even said this IS JUST A MINIMUM STANDARD and not that it will be biden on the state universities; what else do you want them tosay again!!!. since this has been affirm by ASUU in their letter. i believe why sam Egwu is adamant is just because of PRIDE. PLS IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO HIM TELL HIM NO LEADER CAN LEAD IF HE IS PROUD. EGWU SHOULD BURY HIS EGO AND CALL ASUU TO NEGOTIATING TABLE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.  OUR WARDS TO COME WILL NOT FORGIVE THIS ADMINISTRATION IF THEY FAIL US. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE (THAT PROVERB IS FOR SAM EGWU AND YAH'ADUA)
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by davido11: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
egwu pls be humble enough to call on ASUU. no leader can be proud and the same time lead.
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by olalekan1(m): 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2009
davido11:

i think the FG is mischevous. come to think of it, the major problem mr president said was wrong witH tHe signing of the agreement was that it will be biding on the state govt. ASUU immediately wrote that if that is the case, they should delete that part of he agreement. theY reaffirm its not going to be binding on tHe state govt. but come to think of iT, THIS SAME Fed. govt has the following agencies NUC, EFCC, ICPC. all these agencies go beyond the federal level to set a good stanard in our country. infact NUC even extend to the private Univesities for accreditation. why then should the fed. govt. who interferes with private and state universities in setting minimum standad now turn around to say they dont want to interfere with state universities because it has to do with money. is that not mischief?? ASUU even said this IS JUST A MINIMUM STANDARD and not that it will be biden on the state universities. since this has been affirm by ASUU in their letter. i believe why sam Egwu is adamant is just because of PRIDE. PLS IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO HIM TELL HIM NO LEADER CAN LEAD IF HE IS PROUD. EGWU SHOULD BURY HIS EGO AND CALL ASUU TO NEGOTIATING TABLE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.  OUR WARDS TO COME WILL NOT FORGIVE THIS ADMINISTRATION IF THEY FAIL US. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE (THAT PROVERB IS FOR SAM EGWU AND YAH'ADUA)
I understand you very well but Fed Govt can only interfere in any University in this country based on what is provided in the constitution not the Fed Govt imposing a salary increment on state. There are some states that can not afford even 70% increment. But I wonder why Yaradua can not summon all the state governors in other to discuss the issue. To me it is political but lets keep praying to God to give us a caring and a true servant leader
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by bomakris(f): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2009
The fact is that people know what to do to resolve this ASUU strike but nor want to do it because of their selfish interest.

We the student what are we going to do now, that is the question?
Re: ASUU's Open Letter To Mr President by handsomebanana(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 7th In Countries With Lowest IQ See List / Countries You Have Never Heard Of But Existed / JAMB-UTME Restructures For 2013/2014 UTME Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.