Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem (6112 Views)

Opeyemi Adetunji: "I Cannot Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie" / Tekno To Wizkid: "Forgive And Forget, Let Me Produce A Track For You" / I Have A Problem With Thieves - Dammy Krane (throwback Tweet ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2016
So a friend of mine showed me this movie script which i thought was very good. He wanted me to co-produce the movie with him and a few other people.

I had no problems with that because i loved the script, but then it dawned on me that its actually a SCI FI movie!! Yeah sci fi, he knows i love sci fi but how in god's name do we pull this off without it looking mediocre due to poor naija tech?

Apart from that, the sci fi genre itself is some of the most expensive type of movie to make and correct me if am wrong, naija barely has any sci fi movies right?

He's convinced that it could work but am not so sure, please if you know any good naija sci fi movies, Help me list them so i could watch them all and see just how good the cgi's were.

Lastly... Do you think a movie like this would work in naija? With limited funds and tech which he somehow believes could work? Should i really go on with this? Need some advice

1 Like

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Never compromise on quality.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Haute:
Never compromise on quality.
so are you saying i should withdraw?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oh i guess most nairalanders arnt knowledgeable on things like this. Oh well
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Flawlessangel(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
I think you are taking a risk, besides i dont think nollywood has what it takes to make a good sci fi movie
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by ClassCaptain(m): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
girl4rmspace:
Oh i guess most nairalanders arnt knowledgeable on things like this. Oh well

the details are too bulky to be posted here... Drop your email and we can converse...
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2016
ClassCaptain:

the details are too bulky to be posted here... Drop your email and we can converse...

too bulky? I didnt ask for an epistle you know. You could just summarise the whole thing

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Maximus85(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2016
girl4rmspace:
So a friend of mine showed me this movie script which i thought was very good. He wanted me to co-produce the movie with him and a few other people.

I had no problems with that because i loved the script, but then it dawned on me that its actually a SCI FI movie!! Yeah sci fi, he knows i love sci fi but how in god's name do we pull this off without it looking mediocre due to poor naija tech?

Apart from that, the sci fi genre itself is some of the most expensive type of movie to make and correct me if am wrong, naija barely has any sci fi movies right?

He's convinced that it could work but am not so sure, please if you know any good naija sci fi movies, Help me list them so i could watch them all and see just how good the cgi's were.

Lastly... Do you think a movie like this would work in naija? With limited funds and tech which he somehow believes could work? Should i really go on with this? Need some advice

Invite Hollywood, partner with them. If the script is as good, they'll surely be interested. But you know the Nigerian factor. They want to do it rush rush. In Hollywood, it takes years to produce a good movie. So patience is essential.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 17, 2016
girl4rmspace:

so are you saying i should withdraw?
Walk if production isn't top-notch.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2016
Maximus85:

Invite Hollywood, partner with them. If the script is as good, they'll surely be interested. But you know the Nigerian factor. They want to do it rush rush. In Hollywood, it takes years to produce a good movie. So patience is essential.

hollywood keh? That's way out of my league. Besides one of the reasons my friend wants to do it in naija is because he wants something fresh in nollywood instead of cliche movies we get these days.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2016
Haute:

Walk if production isn't top-notch.

well i would have to invest in it before finding out just how good the production is. So there's no walking out at that point
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Maximus85(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2016
girl4rmspace:

hollywood keh? That's way out of my league. Besides one of the reasons my friend wants to do it in naija is because he wants something fresh in nollywood instead of cliche movies we get these days.

You've limited yourself already. Real conquerors win a war before it starts. If you attempt and fail, who is going to snap your neck?

Start by looking for how to connect with our big Nigerians in Hollywood. Even if you won't succeed with this sci-fi movie with them, your attempt might open other big opportunities for you.

Failures never try cos they are afraid of loosing. Victory aren't scared of loosing what bothers them is the hows, wheres, and whens?

2 Likes

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 2:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
Maximus85:

You've limited yourself already. Real conquerors win a war before it starts. If you attempt and fail, who is going to snap your neck?

Start by looking for how to connect with our big Nigerians in Hollywood. Even if you won't succeed with this sci-fi movie with them, your attempt might open other big opportunities for you.

Failures never try cos they are afraid of loosing. Victory aren't scared of loosing what bothers them is the hows, wheres, and whens?

thanks for you advice but i aint even in charge of the project. Am just a partner because i loved the script.

Trying to convince them to scrap nollywood and try to partner with hollywood is just not gonna happen. From what i have seen so far, they are certain nollywood can pull this off.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
cgiwaamu:
Lets make a difference in the lives of our youths! The idea of a Library Foundation in Naija has been accepted into a competition with the United Nations partners and votes are needed to win. You can view and vote daily for my idea by clicking on this link and scrolling down to the vote button. https://www.entrepreneurship-campus.org/ideas/4/4206/?show-vote

Please help rebroadcast and make this idea a reality Thank you.

mr computer generated imagery waamu, you had to do this here?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Maximus85(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
girl4rmspace:

thanks for you advice but i aint even in charge of the project. Am just a partner because i loved the script.

Trying to convince them to scrap nollywood and try to partner with hollywood is just not gonna happen. From what i have seen so far, they are certain nollywood can pull this off.

All the best then.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
Maximus85:

All the best then.
yeah thanks.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by whitecloth: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2016
girl4rmspace:

Any thing on the movie project yet? I still support those who are telling you to partner with Nollywood, you never can tell you know, but I disagree with you trying to partner with your friend on doing it all alone, or you get a link to Hollywood and sell it script to them.
what do you think.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
whitecloth:

Any thing on the movie project yet? I still support those who are telling you to partner with Nollywood, you never can tell you know, but I disagree with you trying to partner with your friend on doing it all alone, or you get a link to Hollywood and sell it script to them.
what do you think.

he suggested we partner with hollywood not nollywood and i was trying to tell him its easier said than done.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by whitecloth: 12:15am On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

he suggested we partner with hollywood not nollywood and i was trying to tell him its easier said than done.
so what are you going to do.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by etainment360(m): 1:50am On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

no try am o! We aint gat d skills and funds. Just stick to the action type except you have upto a billion naira in your account
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 8:27am On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

With limited funds. Limited funds sounds ambiguous. Limited funds might be from 0 dollars to as much as a 100 billion dollars.

Let me also let you know that there is nothing like a good low budget sci-fi movie. .

Sci-fi movies consume a whole lot of money. Even in Hollywood, top film studios always need to collaborate to make them. Also, I doubt there are any director or cinematographer or director cum cinematographer here in Nigeria who can have the temperament and intellectual depth to direct a sci-fi movie.

If you, however, need a scriptwriter, I am one.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 9:14am On Jun 30, 2016
LordofNairaland:

With limited funds. Limited funds sounds ambiguous. Limited funds might be from 0 dollars to as much as a 100 billion dollars.

Let me also let you know that there is nothing like a good low budget sci-fi movie. .

Sci-fi movies consume a whole lot of money. Even in Hollywood, top film studios always need to collaborate to make them. Also, I doubt there are any director or cinematographer or director cum cinematographer here in Nigeria who can have the temperament and intellectual depth to direct a sci-fi movie.

If you, however, need a scriptwriter, I am one.

hmmn thanks for sharing your opinion. So how many of these movie scripts have you written so far? And have you produced any?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 9:18am On Jun 30, 2016
etainment360:

no try am o! We aint gat d skills and funds. Just stick to the action type except you have upto a billion naira in your account

lol i wish i had that much. If only nollywood were as advanced as hollywood. Am sure there would have been a way around it despite limited funds. Thanks anyway
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2016
whitecloth:

so what are you going to do.

i have made a decision to withdraw from the whole thing . Since its obvious that it wouldnt work, due to poor tech in naija and how expensive it is to produce a good sci fi movie .
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

hmmn thanks for sharing your opinion. So how many of these movie scripts have you written so far? And have you produced any?

You are most welcome.

I have written at least a hundred. Most are thrillers and horror movie scripts. I also have a sort of courtroom script. I just finished writing it. The shortest will be approximately a 40 minute horror story.

Sadly, none has seen a producer yet. I have noticed that producers here do most of the scriptwriting, directing and all by themselves so it is quite difficult for a scriptwriter to actually get his scripts off without necessarily having to sponsor his own projects himself.

Moreover, Nollywood doesn't really have a structure. Most of the top guns do not even have functioning websites or emails that you can send proposals to.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

i have made a decision to withdraw from the whole thing . Since its obvious that it wouldnt work, due to poor tech in naija and how expensive it is to produce a good sci fi movie .

There is a high probability of it not working. In genre production, you must consider your consumers. In Naija, that you like sci-fi is not enough reason to produce one, especially, on limited budgets. That is playing with debts. Imagine going into a production that you mightn't be able to finish in the end due to lack of funds or encouragement.

I do run a scary story blog. I write scary flash fictions and I must confess to you that only a few Nigerians view my blog. Majority of my viewers live outside Africa. Stuffs like these are what must be considered when playing with the idea of making a movie.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
LordofNairaland:

There is a high probability of it not working. In genre production, you must consider your consumers. In Naija, that you like sci-fi is not enough reason to produce one, especially, on limited budgets. That is playing with debts. Imagine going into a production that you mightn't be able to finish in the end due to lack of funds or encouragement.

I do run a scary story blog. I write scary flash fictions and I must confess to you that only a few Nigerians view my blog. Majority of my viewers live outside Africa. Stuffs like these are what must be considered when playing with the idea of making a movie.

you are very correct. These were some of my thoughts as well. Anyway what's the name of your blog? I could check it out
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

you are very correct. These were some of my thoughts as well. Anyway what's the name of your blog? I could check it out

That would be blowing my cover. I do not want my moniker linked to my real me. At least, not yet.

I have a certificate in Cinematography, so if you need some 'not expert per se' advice, I would be most willing to help.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
LordofNairaland:

That would be blowing my cover. I do not want my moniker linked to my real me. At least, not yet.

I have a certificate in Cinematography, so if you need some 'not expert per se' advice, I would be most willing to help.

lol have you commited any crime on nairaland ? Why dont you want people to link your nairaland account to the real you? Getting people to view your blog should be your number 1 priority right?

Besides am sure 99.9% of nairalanders still wouldnt know who you are even if you posted all your details here. Just how many people do you think would click on this thread?

Anyway its your choice and that's okay.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
girl4rmspace:

lol have you commited any crime on nairaland ? Why dont you want people to link your nairaland account to the real you? Getting people to view your blog should be your number 1 priority right?

Besides am sure 99.9% of nairalanders still wouldnt know who you are even if you posted all your details here. Just how many people do you think would click on this thread?

Anyway its your choice and that's okay.

I am actually a popular writer (in my own right, though). I want to remain as anonymous as possible.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 3:13am On Jul 01, 2016
LordofNairaland:

I am actually a popular writer (in my own right, though). I want to remain as anonymous as possible.
Oh. Fine then

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Davido's New Bodyguard After The Death Of Teejay / I Can't Even Be A Guest At AY Live -basketmouth / 20 Pretty N Aked South Girls That Will Make You Leave Your Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.