Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill (8354 Views)

Bukola Saraki Receives Mikel Obi In Abuja (pics) / How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Amended 16 Counts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by examhall(f): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2016

The Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill which suffered major setback in March this year, has been amended and was passed to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, by the sponsor of the bill, Senator Abiodun Olujimi today.
The bill which among other things was designed to address women’s freedom of movement, female economic activity, girls’ access to education, equal rights for women in marriage, divorce,
property/land ownership and inheritance, appropriate measures against gender discrimination in political and public life and prohibitions of violence to women, was rejected by majority of the male senators as they felt the bill if passed will give women more power and this according to them was against the African culture.
Some of the senators even alleged that the bill if passed will turn some women into prostitutes and lesbians. Anyway the bill has been amended. It passed its first reading today and hopefully it would get accelerated hearing and will be passed into law.

Source: http://timenaija.com/photo-saraki-receives-amended-gender-equality-opportunity-geo-bill/
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by examhall(f): 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Good to see!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by jamex93(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2016
For saraki mind

He be like

I just dey laf dis ppl

10 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by stano2(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Mtchewwwwwwww.. Bring up this issue in the midst of elders in the village and have several walking sticks landing on your head. This is Nigeria. Gender Equality my foot.
Women are even lucky they are allowed to drive in this country,maybe when the reach some countries the will drop this noise. We have many vital issues in this country to visit first and not this.

14 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by gasperkoya(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2016
NICE MOVE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by austinbrown: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2016
2day is My bday show me some love dashboard me likes for no reason

25 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by flourish01(m): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2016
good.............
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by wonderkid619(m): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2016
is that what is next out of all the problems on ground!
gender equality sha... we just wan Americanize this country finish.
gone are the days when wives will finish cooking and then bring the food to their husbands on their knees, now they'll tell the man, if you're hungry, you know the way to the kitchen. simply because the government decided to give them 'more power'

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by otegajunny: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2016
E nor go work

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2016
examhall:

The Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill which suffered major setback in March this year, has been amended and was passed to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, by the sponsor of the bill, Senator Abiodun Olujimi today.
The bill which among other things was designed to address women’s freedom of movement, female economic activity, girls’ access to education, equal rights for women in marriage, divorce,
property/land ownership and inheritance, appropriate measures against gender discrimination in political and public life and prohibitions of violence to women, was rejected by majority of the male senators as they felt the bill if passed will give women more power and this according to them was against the African culture.
Some of the senators even alleged that the bill if passed will turn some women into prostitutes and lesbians.
Anyway the bill has been amended. It passed its first reading today and hopefully it would get accelerated hearing and will be passed into law.

Source: http://timenaija.com/photo-saraki-receives-amended-gender-equality-opportunity-geo-bill/

Whaaaaaat? Which kind of mentality is this .
Imagine ?!

Thank God it has been amended
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by warrenweste(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2016
It won't pass the 2nd reading, and if it does most men will b scared to marry ..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by teamsynergy: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2016
not bad at all..
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
angry
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by CR77(f): 8:20am On Jun 17, 2016
[/quote][quote author=otegajunny post=46648930]E nor go work
How u take know
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by tholexzy: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
lovelygurl:

Whaaaaaat? Which kind of mentality is this .
Imagine ?!

Thank God it has been amended
Hmmm, western system encroaching afrika like 'kilode' jst crying 4 d generation to come as to d viracity of Naija men commiting sucide. Did ur bible tells u man and woman are equal in marriage. " Sarah loves Abraham to an extend that she calld him - my Lord"

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by allansie(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2016
We don hear.
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by komododragons: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2016
amend fire!

women are made to be under men.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by SSkillzzz(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2016
well..I think this bill is a step in the right direction
..but mind all you females...this bill won't count for Jack if y'all can't stand up for yourself..power isn't given to no 1 on a platter of Gold..you got to seize it..y'all can neva be equal to men if yu keep up this cooperate Berger mentality of yours.. expecting a random dude to offset your bills n shit...no 1 respects a berger..wise words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by SSkillzzz(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2016
thc
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by GreenNegro(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2016
I pity those male that are still single and supporting this bill. Ur eyes go open when u get married

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by Sammy0two(m): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
I dont support this bill o, we never gv dem power dem dey misbehave talkless of empowering dem

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by stonch101(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2016
Some women would go to the extend of killing their husband in order to claim his property.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by uchedydy: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2016
These feminist wont stop to amaze me.

Same people would bring long list of items for man to pay during marriage as traditional rites before he marries a woman, same people would expect a man to be the bread winner of the home and easily quote, ' a man who cannot provide for his household is worse than an infidel', same people would put majority of burden on a man as if he does not have limitation and blames him when tins go wrong, they would even ask you , are u not a man' , as if being a man is equal to God. Same people would look at a woman whose husband isnt bringing into the home and tell him, ' sister you are a single mother oooo.
And yet, same people would come her and shout gender equality, what a contradiction.

As far as there is no equal responsibility, there cant be Gender equality.

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by MadCow1: 8:43am On Jun 17, 2016
I support Gender Equality.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by stefan388: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2016
Just read the first rubbish. '' women freedom of movement''. Am happy that I am old and will not marry again for live. Was it not this few days when the entire four children of a given women whose DNA was tested and was said that all four children are for a neighbour? If you are senator, please throw away that bill immediately, especially considering the fact that majority of Nigerian women are indesciple. All they know is to stop by any parked shining car, bring out defferent types of face paints and make up. Ask them if they can cook, their response will be what happen to fast food joint?.
Tufiakwa. To allow any Nigerian women freedom of movement? If this bill is pass into law, then, it means the entire senators are just a zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by Alokendra(m): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2016
I don't seem to understand what this bill is aiming at. Most of what the bill addresses are already being enjoyed by women. I don't see anything listed there that women don't enjoy already.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by stefan388: 8:49am On Jun 17, 2016
stano2:
Mtchewwwwwwww.. Bring up this issue in the midst of elders in the village and have several walking sticks landing on your head. This is Nigeria. Gender Equality my foot.
Women are even lucky they are allowed to drive in this country,maybe when the reach some countries the will drop this noise. We have many vital issues in this country to visit first and not this.
One trillion likes for you. Imagine these things call the Nigerian women who gives birth to neighbours instead of the husband are requesting for freedom of movement. Bloodless and Consciousless things

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by truthspeaks: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2016
grin. Whr are d feminists in d house, food don land. Now una wan import one of those American laws into 9ja. No wonder our society they trun upside down evry second. Pls dnt forget to initiate 'transgender equality bill' too. Yeye country. Bills to address d basic needs hv nt bn initiated, na equality of gender na go feed us abi. Again, wat a yeye country

1 Like

Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by stefan388: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2016
austinbrown:
2day is My bday show me some love dashboard me likes for no reason
Congratulations. Wishing you many more birth days and good luck to you this morning and for ever. Amen.
Re: Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill by Autino(m): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

Nigerian girls war With out end

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SAD YORUBA NATION? / Ohanaeze Replies Fredrick Nwabufo, Says Igbos Are Prepared For 2023 Presidency / What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.