Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) (53175 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi & Raheem Lawal Step Out For Ahmed Musa's Traditional Wedding (Pics) / BBNaija: Ogenyi Onazi Talks About Efe & His Supporters / Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by 6digitscomrade: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
my broda u dull oooooo..ur comment shows u know nothing...u must be from the indomie generation..yet ignorance aint an excuse..educate ursef bro...
yesil:

that is a typical Benin name not Yoruba d short form of that name is uyi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Facetoface(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Oldman: boy what killed your father? Boy: mushroom Oldman: what killed your mother? Boy: mushroom Oldman: what are you holding? Boy: mushroom nawoooh!
Me: Onazi, where did Keshi died? Onazi: Benin Me: where did Amodu died? Onazi: Benin Me: where are you now? Onazi: Benin BE CAREFUL
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by lamdec(f): 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

Dude shut up

Uyi is an Edo name not yoruba.

You people don't get tired of spreading controversies and false propaganda seeking relevance everywhere.

First, Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name....but that doesn'tmean it is not an Edo name also. But as a fact, It is a Yoruba name. Ekiti and Ijebu people always turn their 'I' to 'U' for example Isu in normal yoruba is 'Usu' in Ekiti dialet or Ijebu dialet, My name starts with 'Iyi' which means honour but I had my secondary school in Ekiti and I was called 'Uyi' throughout my secondary school. So please get your facts right Edo people before you start bashing the whole of Yoruba race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by amtaken(f): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2016
And they are all baby mamas too.

melzabull:
twhat they have in common is that they are all yolobas

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2016
barragan:

Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name. Ogun prefix should already tell you. My other name is adesuyi and I'm Yoruba.
My name is U**** and I'm Bini. Ogun is a popular deity in Benin.

You can read more about it here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3s2xnb

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by rexbuton: 10:37am On Jun 17, 2016
PapaBrowne:

My name is Uyi and I'm Bini. Ogun is a popular deity in Benin.

I saw a math trick you did once, and I followed you. I like Smart people

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by rexbuton: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2016
PapaBrowne:

I never thought you were Bini..
I offer my friendship and goodwill..
And if by chance an honest man like
yourself should make enemies, then they would become
my enemies. And then they would fear you.

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by mikeapollo: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2016
yesil:

that is a typical Benin name not Yoruba d short form of that name is uyi

Ogunsuyi is 100% Yoruba name. That fact remains unchangeable
It is a different thing if you say she is Edo but with a Yoruba name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by idesylvester(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2016
Oya I don wake up..whr r my chldrens,set ur yansh make I do justice grin
shogz89:
na so so sleep elders like una dey sleep no gree give this children sound education,, wakeup and discharge your fatherly responsibility jare grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by barragan: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
PapaBrowne:

Obviously Benin splintered off from the rest of the group. That's the only thing common sense dictates in all these.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Aquariann: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
How did we get to this level in Nigeria for Christ sake? A wedding thread that calls for celebration quickly degenerate into a tribal warfare..
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by quickly: 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
tijehi:

Please research very well. She is bini from edo state.

Peeps be saying stuff that dey are not sure of.

She might have Yoruba and Edo parents
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by quickly: 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

why are u making mockery of urself on social media?
OGUN is a yoruba god

Suyi is a yoruba word

Suyi means respect. .therefore Ogun has brought respect.

there are several yoruba speaking towns in Edo..especially in Akoko edo area. and many benin bears yoruba name.

I have heard akinsuyi, fabusuyi, oresuyi, etc mostly from ekiti and on do states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by IamAtribalist: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
cool This is strange (I am SSner but I have a lot of experience with Yoruba/Edo/Bini culture) - I just read someone on this thread saying Edos don't bear Yoruba names. Are these current generations of Nigerians the dumbest people or what? I have met binis with names like Ayo, Modupe, etc. Go to Akoko and tell me this people or not culturally Yorubas to some extent. The problem with some of you is that you think in binary terms - black and white; 1 and 0; up and down etc. And please there is no dispute about the origins of Ogun, Osun, Sango, Ifa, Eshu etc. - these are Yoruba gods that were imported to Bini when the Yorubas colonized the crown (Yes I said it - colonized because that is exactly what happened. If it was the other way around I would have said the truth too because I could not careless about political bull-crap). Just like Jesus was adopted by Nigerians when the British colonized Nigeria. The truth is, politics will not allow the Binis and the Yorubas to bury their hatchets and forged a stronger union - Currently Bini people see more in common with the greater South/South than with their SW cousins even though historically these people have been joined by the hip.I will like to see Bini people in a future Niger-Delta Republic (not a single square inch of Anioma will be ceded to Nigeria or Biafra), however, this desire will not make me to stop saying the the truth about what is really going on here. Personally, I think the Yorubas need to be more gentle with the Binis when it comes to these issues; and also the Binis should stop this fake rewriting of history just to score cheap political points. CASED CLOSE.

Thanks.
IAMATRIBALIST.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by GoneKayLoner(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
uselessgoat:
This economy is too harsh and here is someone rich enough to think about marriage for this time wey to chop sef na wahala. Suicide on my mind since last week but i can't even afford sniper. God is indeed partial embarassed
Hey bro. Everything is not about 'God'. Life is a little complicated than that. Feel You though. One Up
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by GoneKayLoner(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
amzee:

Yoruba women always make the best housewife
Lets stop all these Bigotry. It's no longer funny.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
Karm16:
They keep marrying Yoruba women but keep making babymamas out of Ibo women. embarassed

The lady is not Yoruba, Ogunsuyi is a popular bini family in Edo State. I have close relatives whose surnames are Ogunsuyi.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
IamAtribalist:
cool This is strange (I am SSner but I have a lot of experience with Yoruba/Edo/Bini culture) - I just read someone on this thread saying Edos don't bear Yoruba names. Are these current generations of Nigerians the dumbest people or what? I have met binis with names like Ayo, Modupe, etc. Go to Akoko and tell me this people or not culturally Yorubas to some extent. The problem with some of you is that you think in binary terms - black and white; 1 and 0; up and down etc. And please there is no dispute about the origins of Ogun, Osun, Sango, Ifa, Eshu etc. - these are Yoruba gods that were imported to Bini when the Yorubas colonized the crown (Yes I said it - colonized because that is exactly what happened. If it was the other way around I would have said the truth too because I could not careless about political bull-crap). Just like Jesus was adopted by Nigerians when the British colonized Nigeria. The truth is, politics will not allow the Binis and the Yorubas to bury their hatchets and forged a stronger union - Currently Bini people see more in common with the greater South/South than with their SW cousins even though historically these people have been joined by the hip.I will like to see Bini people in a future Niger-Delta Republic (not a single square inch of Anioma will be ceded to Nigeria or Biafra), however, this desire will not make me to stop saying the the truth about what is really going on here. Personally, I think the Yorubas need to be more gentle with the Binis when it comes to these issues; and also the Binis should stop this fake rewriting of history just to score cheap political points. CASED CLOSE.

Thanks.
IAMATRIBALIST.

Just shut it ok, there Akoko Edos are very close to Ondo State. Besides why do some Yorubas bear Hausa names are they Hausas as well or why do some Benue people bear igbo names or why do you have Ijaws in Ondo State?

My state doesn't have nothing to do with Yorubas, your women are the worst set of women a man should marry. Your women has no respect for marriage, they are prostitutes. Don't try to convince I have seen enough of what your married women do.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
mikeapollo:

Ogunsuyi is 100% Yoruba name. That fact remains unchangeable
It is a different thing if you say she is Edo but with a Yoruba name.

Shush its not Yoruba name anything, Ogunsuyi means Ogun (deity) is not up to God (Suyi)
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by amzee(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
GoneKayLoner:
Lets stop all these Bigotry. It's no longer funny.
I dont see it as a Bigotry but rather saying the plain truth.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by scholes0(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Enahi:

Just shut it ok, there Akoko Edos are very close to Ondo State. Besides why do some Yorubas bear Hausa names are they Hausas as well or why do some Benue people bear igbo names or why do you have Ijaws in Ondo State?

My state doesn't have nothing to do with Yorubas, your women are the worst set of women a man should marry. Your women has no respect for marriage, they are prostitutes. Don't try to convince I have seen enough of what your married women do.

Edo woman says Yoruba women are prostitutes.

JESUS...lol. what will my eyes not see on Nairaland?
Prostitution is the exclusive preserve of Edo people.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
Enahi:

Just imagine Nairaland. A Benin woman calling Yoruba women prostitutes. Hahahahahahahha. This must be a joke. Surely you see the joke in this your comment. Hahahahaha. You only fool yourself with this your comment.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
scholes0:

Edo woman says Yoruba women are prostitutes.

JESUS...lol. what will my eyes not see on Nairaland?
Prostitution is the exclusive preserve of Edo people.
Can you just imagine her absolute stupidity. And she expects us to take her seriously. Benin women who are proud in their ashewo and are being begged to stop everyday. Yoruba women have suffered. Just imagine the slowpoke. I am still in shock at the comment. Hahahahahahahha

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:
almost all traditionalist in benin city proper have ogun diety in their backyard. Ogun is highly worshipped in edo hence the popular saying "Ogun a gbu eh" ogun will kill u.

So, 'Ogun la kaye osin mole onile kangun kangun onan orun' was a Bini man? This is so serious ! See, we are not interested in any racial superiority contest with any tribe or race; God has really blessed Yoruba race.

I will like you to research,extensively certain facts below:

(1) several heads of late Oba of Benin were buried at Ile-Ife,Osun state.

(2) As recent as 1930s, Yoruba language was the official language at the palace of Oba of Benin.

(3) 'Oba' was and is not a Bini word; it is a Yoruba word.

(4) Anybody with names like Oyegun,Obasuyi,Obaseye,Tunde,Omowumi, Orisafemi,Osawumi etc has his/her root in core Yoruba land. This is a fact.

Having said this, I personally don't care whether
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:
almost all traditionalist in benin city proper have ogun diety in their backyard. Ogun is highly worshipped in edo hence the popular saying "Ogun a gbu eh" ogun will kill u.

So, 'Ogun la kaye osin mole onile kangun kangun onan orun' was a Bini man? This is so serious ! See, we are not interested in any racial superiority contest with any tribe or race; God has really blessed Yoruba race.

(2) As recently as 1930s, Yoruba language was the official language at the palace of Oba of Benin.

(4) Anybody with names like Oyegun,Obasuyi,Obaseye,Tunde,Omowumi, Orisafemi,Osawumi,Obaseki etc has his/her root in core Yoruba land.
These are facts. However, these categories of people are at liberty to call themselves whatever they like- Bini,edo,whatever! Yoruba people have been blessed already by God! So what's fuss about?
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
baby124:

Just imagine Nairaland. A Benin woman calling Yoruba women prostitutes. Hahahahahahahha. This must be a joke. Surely you see the joke in this your comment. Hahahahaha. You only fool yourself with this your comment.

It's not a joke don't act like you don't know your women, Benin women aren't pretensous like your women. Benin women don't cheat or sleep around while married, go and do ask people about your women.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

(2) As recently as 1930s, Yoruba language was the official language at the palace of Oba of Benin.

(4) Anybody with names like Oyegun,Obasuyi,Obaseye,Tunde,Omowumi, Orisafemi,Osawumi,Obaseki etc has his/her root in core Yoruba land.
These are facts. However, these categories of people are at liberty to call themselves whatever they like- Bini,edo,whatever! Yoruba people have been blessed already by God! So what's fuss about?

You all disgust me when with your baseless stories, what evidence do you have to show that former heads of bini were buried in Ile Ife in the past? Show me evidence and stop spreading rumors.

You also don't 've evidence to show that the Word Oba originated from Yoruba, we have bini names that start with the Word Oba e.g. Obasuyi, Obahagbon etc.

Don't type what you don't know it only shows your stupidity!

There was never a time Yoruba was ever the official language spoken in Benin stop been daft ok, if you must know all Southern Nigerian Languages are similar but still different to a large extent.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
baby124:

Can you just imagine her absolute stupidity. And she expects us to take her seriously. Benin women who are proud in their ashewo and are being begged to stop everyday. Yoruba women have suffered. Just imagine the slowpoke. I am still in shock at the comment. Hahahahahahahha

You are shocked because you are just as pretensous like most Yorubas, do you need evidence or facts from people married to Yoruba women or men dating your women? Do Yoruba women cheat on their husband's while married no or yes? Just answer my question and put the devil to shame?
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Enahi:

You are shocked because you are just as pretensous like most Yorubas, do you need evidence or facts from people married to Yoruba women or men dating your women? Do Yoruba women cheat on their husband's while married no or yes? Just answer my question and put the devil to shame?
So somehow because some women cheat in marriage is worse than a LovePeddler. A region known for blatant whorism. How many people marry ashawo? I understand your frustration. Hahahahaha. You are cheap and making senseless arguments to justify just how cheap, and lacking of common sense you are. I know it is a struggle to marry when you mention your tribe. Very notorious. When people are talking about women you should keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Enahi(f): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
baby124:

So somehow because some women cheat in marriage is worse than a LovePeddler. A region known for blatant whorism. How many people marry ashawo? I understand your frustration. Hahahahaha. You are cheap and making senseless arguments to justify just how cheap, and lacking of common sense you are. I know it is a struggle to marry when you mention your tribe. Very notorious. When people are talking about women you should keep shut.

It's not some women its something that is very rampant with Yoruba women, the local ones are even worse.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by IamAtribalist: 12:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Enahi:

cool shocked warisdis1 saying? shocked cool
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:32am On Jun 18, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Nobody is fighting over which tribe is superior, Just educating the young and uneducated in this forum. For your information read about the Bini Kingdom, that stretched from the present day Benin City to Dahomey(Benin Republic) meaning that Lagos was under Benin at that time.

At least now you know about the Edo People.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Relaxing With His Family (Lovely Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo's Account To Be Frozen Over N924M Debt / Coronavirus: Ludogorets Players Wear Masks As They Arrive Italy To Face Inter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.