Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. (6226 Views)

See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas / Things To Check On Your Car After An Accident / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2016
There is no person in the world that would like to watch or even worse, to experience car accidents because of the terrible devastating results. In comparison with the past, today’s modern cars are a little bit safer in an accidental situation because they are better equipped with airbags and sensors. Well, maybe in the low speed car crashes. But, nothing could help on high speed car crash. Some claim small cars are a little bit safer than the bigger ones, but some say the opposite? What do you think, who is right? Well, when it comes to high speed crash, there is no place for surviving. In continuation, see what is going to happen in the video with the first generation of FORD FOCUS, which is pulled by 15.000 lb-ft of torque 16 Bugatti Veyrons, reaching 120 mph and going directly into the concrete wall, ending in a serious crash.

Travelling at 120mph, the Ford Focus is just inches away from impact.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052533/Worlds-fastest-crash-test-Car-smashes-wall-120mph-speed-family-runarounds-hit.html
http://www.supercarspotters.com/truly-amazing-watch-the-worlds-fastest-crash-test-of-all-times-see-the-leftovers-of-this-family-car-when-it-crushes-with-120mph-into-a-wall/

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Within just 60 milliseconds, the car went from 120mph to 0mph, with the mannequins subjected to forces of up to 400g.

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:11am On Jun 17, 2016
Hitting the wall: In the blink of an eye, the front half of the hatchback is completely crushed.

1 Share

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Moneyhatesme(m): 6:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Ew
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:14am On Jun 17, 2016
Gone: The car seems to have almost completely disintegrated as the back end hurtles towards the wall.

Because of the expected destruction, organisers refused to use expensive crash test dummies and instead opted for cheaper mannequins for the experiment.

1 Share

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Jun 17, 2016
The car is unrecognisable after its high-speed collision.

Ellie Pearson from road safety charity Brake praised the programme for carrying out the test, which demonstrated the potential risk of high-speed driving.She said: 'Modern cars are capable of reaching immense speeds and it is important that peoplerealise how dangerous high speed driving is.'This footage demonstrates the utter destruction of a high speed impact and hopefully anyone who sees it will think twice about their speed the next time they drive.'

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by bqlekan(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2016
Will someone survive after thins kind of crash?

Don't mind me abeg.. grin this isn't funny at all
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 6:23am On Jun 17, 2016
bqlekan:
Will someone survive after thins kind of crash?

Don't mind me abeg.. grin this isn't funny at all

Looking at the last pictures, survival is impossible. The bodies will be damaged beyond recognition. Think the airbags are just for minor collisions.

And some guys are out there pushing 140, 160.....Hmmmm
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by bqlekan(m): 6:27am On Jun 17, 2016
Explorers:

Looking at the last pictures, survival is impossible. The bodies will be damaged beyond recognition. Think the airbags are just for minor collisions.

My thoughts exactly. Keep up the good work brother. God bless
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 17, 2016
Holy Cow shocked
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Dexema(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2016
and imagine this is in a controlled environment, guys be forming fast and furious on Nigerian roads, even paul walker paid dearly for it. drive jejely.

NB: remember energy is neither created nor destroyed but transformed from one form to another, the remainder of the energy expended in the cars collision will be used to shatter the human body in that car ( if there was one) . well done explorers.
lalasticlala abeg comman see snake oo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Chuksemi(m): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2016
Sometimes, I begin to imagine I am too cautious. Why would anyone decide to over speed anyway? Does it increase your chances of living a longer life? I blame Hollywood for magnifying the fast life and lane, making it look like something so desirable.

The car makers should kuku stop making cars that have too much mph. Why make a car that can go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds if you don't want people to use it?

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by kunlesufyan(m): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2016
There is a limit to what air bags can do,also air bags won't deploy if the seat belt is fastened...
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Emekayoung(m): 8:39am On Jun 17, 2016
kunlesufyan:
There is a limit to what air bags can do,also air bags won't deploy if the seat belt is fastened...
Don't ever say that again,b4 someone comes here now and bash ur car like the one up there.
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Egbami....Who told you
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Viktor1983(m): 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Speed Kills.
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by dasphinx1(m): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2016
What the f lipsrsealed shocked shocked
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by JustGuy(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2016
Explorers:

Bros, it's MPH not KPH.

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by seyema(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2016
Chai!
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by kingreign(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
kunlesufyan:
As long as your SRS airbag systems are in perfect conditions, they should deploy. An airbag collission sensor is responsible for detecting sudden deceleration in a collision or when they senses an imminent unavoidable roll over witb or withiut the use of seatbelts.

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Chuksemi:

Why would anyone decide to over speed anyway?

Temptation, my brother, temptation. Although I condemn overspeeding in its entirety but if you've ever driven on the Potiskum - Damaturu expressway, you would be tempted to do over 160km/h.

In 2010, I took a friend in his Bmw E36 (325) to Yobe State from Kano.

Goddamnit! Doing 200km/h was like a hot knife through butter & the machine kept asking for more. That road was as smooth as the road to Damascus, but I'm grateful to Obatala for making me a changed man. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by emy77: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
Explorers:

remember the speed of the car was 120mph which is almost 200km/h.

120,140km/hr is not bad, especially if the roads are free and the conditions are right.

Because in Nigeria, even driving too slowly leads to accidents

2 Likes

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by magabounce(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hian!!!!
Driving too slow sha makes me think am punishing the engine...
It wasn't built to stroll na.. angry angry sad

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Readonee35L(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice. but that video is over 4years or more now smiley
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Readonee35L:
Nice. but that video is over 4years or more now smiley

Yea...But seeing it for the first time, or have you seen it before
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Readonee35L(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
Explorers:

Yea...But seeing it for the first time, or have you seen it before

Yes , on youtubr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmRkPyuet_o
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Chuksemi(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Zoharariel:

Temptation, my brother, temptation. Although I condemn overspeeding in its entirety but if you've ever driven on the Potiskum - Damaturu expressway, you would be tempted to do over 160km/h.

In 2010, I took a friend in his Bmw E36 (325) to Yobe State from Kano.

Goddamnit! Doing 200km/h was like a hot knife through butter & the machine kept asking for more. That road was as smooth as the road to Damascus, but I'm grateful to Obatala for making me a changed man. grin

Obatala our saviour. I can imagine the temptation bro. Some people do it on a rough busy road though, I know, they need Obatala too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Mcoldsoja(m): 4:54am On Jun 18, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Really? Wai airbags no go deploy wen yu wear seat belt?
No be supplemental restraint system e be?
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Mcoldsoja:

Really? Wai airbags no go deploy wen yu wear seat belt?
No be supplemental restraint system e be?

It was a mistake.
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by kunlesufyan(m): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Emekayoung:

Don't ever say that again,b4 someone comes here now and bash ur car like the one up there.
My bad! What I should have said was ,s"omeone told me "+ I didn't even google to find out if it was TRUE ...I just dropped it here as e dey hot...
Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by kunlesufyan(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Explorers:

Egbami....Who told you
My bad! What I should have said was ,s"omeone told me "+ I didn't even google to find out if it was TRUE ...I just dropped it here as e dey hot

1 Like

Re: The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. by Explorers(m): 7:55am On Jun 18, 2016
kunlesufyan:

My bad! What I should have said was ,s"omeone told me "+ I didn't even google to find out if it was TRUE ...I just dropped it here as e dey hot

Can you drive?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Should I Choose Between 2007-2010 Toyota Camry Or Honda Accord? / 2009 Honda Accord EX VS 2009 Toyota Camry SE / 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Or 2009 Corolla S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.