Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name (8303 Views)

What You Should Do First After Buying A Fresh Adsense Account / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name / 8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name - NCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by sunnyfats: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
And when building a website, keep the colours or graphics to a minimum, a good website builder should understand how to use text instead of graphics for designing. When you keep graphics to a minimum,
It reduces d amount of data or time someone will need to open your website.i dont want to spend 500mb to open 1 page of your website when I can use 10mb to open another. example of text designing is NAIRALAND and thats why it opens quicker than other websites.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by yomalex(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
harrysmith073:

Pls send ur contacts on how to reach u?
Whatsapp 0 8 0 5 1 5 0 4 3 9 2 info[at]tipsdome.com
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by Phalldhe: 1:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is the MTN recharge card promo real? Has anyone tried it?
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by pacespot(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Great info. But most of it are not necessity especially as a starter.

That claiming of your domain name through social media (I think) is the most important of all.

I learn it through a hard way when I lost my former brand name to a cyber squatter.

I brainstormed and came up with this short and sweet name for my brand: "Pacespot"

That name was so popular in social media that my twitter followers was soaring in thousands per week.

But unfortunately, I failed to claim the name by registering it. Because I was blogging on subdomain then. When I decided to register it last year someone else has already gone there to register it before me.

It was so painful because I knew it would be difficult for me to come up with another name as good as this one.

More painful because the person was just one month earlier than me to register the domain name. He was not even ready to use it coz he just put it up for sale. He might even be one of the readers on my blog then.

So when you want to start an online business, the name is very important because it's never yours until you claim it. Don't leave loopholes for cyber squatters to extort you, whether on social media or in domain registrar
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by Tequilah: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
amjf:
I can design awesome business cards and any other graphics design job for anyone interested (whatsapp/call 08137536043)

Lovely business cards. How much would a pack of 100 cards cost?
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by amjf(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
5k excluding delivery fee to some places. We could talk more on whatsapp or via a phone 08137536043

Tequilah:

Lovely business cards. How much would a pack of 100 cards cost?
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by usibengate(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Ok
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 02, 2022
pacespot:
Great info. But most of it are not necessity especially as a starter.

That claiming of your domain name through social media (I think) is the most important of all.

I learn it through a hard way when I lost my former brand name to a cyber squatter.

I brainstormed and came up with this short and sweet name for my brand: "Pacespot"

That name was so popular in social media that my twitter followers was soaring in thousands per week.

But unfortunately, I failed to claim the name by registering it. Because I was blogging on subdomain then. When I decided to register it last year someone else has already gone there to register it before me.

It was so painful because I knew it would be difficult for me to come up with another name as good as this one.

More painful because the person was just one month earlier than me to register the domain name. He was not even ready to use it coz he just put it up for sale. He might even be one of the readers on my blog then.

So when you want to start an online business, the name is very important because it's never yours until you claim it. Don't leave loopholes for cyber squatters to extort you, whether on social media or in domain registrar
Yours is a great info as well.
Many years later, It is still informative.
About this domain name thing....
I've been reading about it for the past three days in old threads. I know one of the ways to really make your domain name sell or valuable is the type of domain name you choose and how short it is.
I don't know how to build a website, or park a domain name and the rest of those steps. But I know catchy names that I can suggest as domain names that are potential money spinners. Is there anyway to share these names with you and will you be able to develop them to a marketable level?
I think the names i came up with are not in use elsewhere right now. I did a Google search.
Pls can you guide me through? If you don't mind. Thanks
Re: 11 Things To Do After Buying A Domain Name by ellieperkins92: 10:40am On May 03, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Facebook And Twitter Pay Tax In Nigeria? / How To Run A Blog Easily Without Having A Computer / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.