Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? (756 Views)

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? / How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by banjolek: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 edroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

Now my wife has rejected the proposed amount of 20k saying its too small.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

i wrote this in a hurry, please bear with any typo observed.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by switosman(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
You try to offer 20k. She does not need pocket money as she is a salary earner. Its like you two never discuss these issues before marriage. You guys need to open a housekeeping acct and each contribute to it base on an agreed ratio. This should not stop spending spontaneously by you both. The savings you make can go into some investment, property development, school fee etc
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by kajoula(m): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
she's trying to outsmart you......

are you sure of the exact amount she's saving ?
in this time and age, a woman who has value for marriage will contribute to everything in the house.
in two-three years to come she can conveniently build a house on an a low budget while the man will use all his income to finance the home.

Talk to her about it, maybe she will be open enough

Make your findings and thank me later

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by EfemenaXY: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

I need your honest opinion on this, how much is really ideal to give one's wife as monthly pocket money?.

Here's my story, i recently got married and also moved to a new 3 edroom apartment around gbagada. I earn a pretty decent income while my wife also works in the bank with a salary of like 150k. She saves a half of this salary and uses the remaining for upkeep.

Now the issue is my wife insists that i must give her monthly pocket money and i have proposed 20k, an amount i feel is more than adequate for her if added to about 75k which she already has to herself from her salary. Also note that this 20k does not mean i dont get to buy her random stuff during the month or provide anything she asks for if i feel its a reasonable demand.

A1so bear in mind that i am still 100% responsible for providing food and other bills in the house. In addition we just moved to a new apartment like i mentioned earlier and still in the process of furnishing it so a chunk of my monthly salary goes into furnishing the house.

We also have a plan to set up a business for her, so i'm also currently saving part of my salary to fulfill that dream.

I need your take on this people, considering all i have mentioned above, is 20k really too small to be giving her monthly?

Your wife's rejection of your proposed N20k a month may be relative to what you earn. I notice you were quick to give us a breakdown of her income (N150k) and expenditure (N75k) but were coy in telling us how much you earn. Why? To make her look bad? If you sincerely seek honest advice on here and not a wife-bashing-tirade, you'll be open & honest enough to give us the full picture.

How much do you earn monthly, Mr Banjolek??

And for what it's worth, N20k is nothing. How much does a basket of tomatoes cost at the market?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by WHOcarex: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
banjolek:
Hello guys,

Your wife is lucky. But why didn't you tell us how much you earn? Which ever way, she should make do of that biko. undecided
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by bravitudenatura(f): 7:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
Be giving her now abi shebi she will be using it for upkeep in the house or will you be the one going to the market to buy foodstuffs and other miscelleanouses?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by EfemenaXY: 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
bravitudenatura:
Be giving her now abi shebi she will be using it for upkeep in the house or will you be the one going to the market to buy foodstuffs and other miscelleanouses?

Don't mind him.

@op displays the early signs of a control freak with his carefully manipulative half stories.
Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Your wife's rejection of your proposed N20k a month may be relative to what you earn. I notice you were quick to give us a breakdown of her income (N150k) and expenditure (N75k) but were coy in telling us how much you earn. Why? To make her look bad? If you sincerely seek honest advice on here and not a wife-bashing-tirade, you'll be open & honest enough to give us the full picture.

How much do you earn monthly, Mr Banjolek??

And for what it's worth, N20k is nothing. How much does a basket of tomatoes cost at the market?

I was about to say gbam but I refrained steeply.

don't bash him. just don't.

he mentioned he is still the one in charge of the basket of tomatoes so that answers your question.

but nice catching the OP about not breaking down his salary.

@op abi Na po, break down your salary lets help each other

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Ideal To Be Giving One's Wife As Monthly Stipend? by Ishilove: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lol. I noticed OP was trying to be smart cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Parents, Do You Know When Your Kids Lose Their Virginity? / What Will You Do? / Lady Shares How Her Stoleniphone Was Returned After Her Parents Cursed The Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.