Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case (11690 Views)

How Police Helped Tony Zitta's Killer Escape After An Accident / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal / Man Narrates How Badoo Started In Ikorodu, Calls Out Security Agents (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by GurlFriend: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
A disgusted Nigerian has narrated how after being robbed at gun point by armed robbers, a family member of his ran to the Nigerian police for help, but rather than do their jobs, the men of law allegedly demanded 'mobilisation fee', and to add salt to injury, also demanded for money for paper and pen from the robbery victim before he would be allowed to write a statement.

The mind boggles.

Read the tweets below. From the very bottom to top

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/man-narrates-how-nigerian-police.html

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by salabscholar01(m): 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
that's how I gave my phone to one officer last time, just to call his wife, having pleaded with me that he got no airtime that moment, and was on duty.... as a patriotic citizen I then volunteered to help... He even ended up asking how his goats were doing at home, on my own hard earned air-time... I even pitied his phone because that phone will soon explode, the way the man use rubber ring tie am. grin

they sabi chop money, drink beer like craze, but that man uniform and old trampoline are like.....

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by truthspeaks: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
I tot zombies said dat since there's a new sherifat in town, all corruption wld disappear. Instead I go call police, I go meet d demands of d armed robbers make dem take those things n spare my life. Buhari sef

12 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by lekanSuccess(m): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Money for fuel nko?
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by dayoungmoney1: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Naija Police we dey hail o tongue

Police go see something white and call am red grin

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by SureRides4u(m): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Normal level naaa, who doesn't know about that in Nigeria.

Abeg who wants to buy a sweet car, check the link in my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by contactmorak: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
crazy
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by blazetitov: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Such a disgraceful organization! Witnessed a situation at Bariga police station where a so called IPO and the complainant's brother were the one writing statement for the complainant. The person that came to complain of being molested did not even utter a word. No iota of truth nor respect in majority if not all of the so called rank & file. They see white, the call it black, no sense of shame or remorse. They should be disbanded!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Buhari4dullard: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Can you blame the police, under Buhari nothing is working with the exception of Lai Mohammed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by martineverest(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
they also request for consulting fees and execution fee too
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by tegax(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Na so
Not new
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by tim1256(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nigeria for you
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by gmaribel(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Exactly what happened when my bro was robbed.
He was asked to pay N1000 to mobilize them to start investigation and also N500 for the photographer.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by tim1256(m): 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nigeria for you. Oh God pick my call

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Ymodulus: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
it's not new. I also paid mobilisation fee of N2000 to have someone arrested just recently. Police for you
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Lusola15: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Is like you are new in Nigeria abi

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Something every Nigeria will relate to, Alaye are you a learner grin
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Naija Police, na WA o !
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by jasysandra(f): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
Naija police sef angry

Always fucking up.

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by igboboy3(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
The police are contractors na . . . thay is why they need mobilization fee grin grin
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Btruth: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
That's not a new thing. It has happened to me personally at a police station.

- they needed to buy fuel when they are coming to see the house where we were robbed.

- at the station, we needed to pay for the sheet of paper and a pen to write our statement.

- and finally, the officer that interview us want something from us to speedy up the boys to come to our yard to the the investigation.

We only managed to wrote the statement and left. Till now we are still expecting them to come for the investigation, not even when we've called the IPO in charge tired.

.......and can you imagine, this happens 2010, and we are still waiting for them to come. Those Police @ Iyana-Obasanjo farm bus stop along Cannanland road are something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by zeeudenwa(f): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
mobilization fees = fuel money
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by MicroBox: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Thieves climbed our house made away with my power bike and that of my kid brother.. it's morning and I went to police central command I made my report and I was directed to the radio house where they can radio up to 72 police divisions.
When I got there, I met this beautiful very young police lady. I narrated what happen and she agree to make the radio announcements but I have to pay for solar and that sentence I don't understand up till date. I looked at her and left I was close to the gate when she called me back and in my presence she made the announcement.
Note; the radio house is using solar energy installed with tax payer money.

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
The police have asked similar fee when i reported a fraudulent case to them.I think that the dpo and police commissioners are aware.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND grin

4 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Mikehell(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
All of una dey shout say "Is dat new to u", "u jez dey know dat".... So bcuz it has been going on for long means it shouldnt be look into or curtail??

This country will only grow only when we start looking @ d problems in d face,shouting to the roof top untill something is done and say what is bad bad rather all these flimsy jargon and mentality....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by MARKone(m): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Oga Solo, come and see your boys. Threads like this should help to expose the NPF for what they are, Criminals, murderers. I detest these people, they are uncouth, dirty, liars, they represent everything that is wrong in our society. If I have my way, I will sack all of them, especially those that stand on our roads, who have more interaction with the citizens. Sack them all and replace with well trained graduates who understands what policing is all about, who doesn't see any little opportunity as a means to extort money from the victim, who will be subjected to psychological evaluation every month. These present crop of cops are too pathetic. Best is to avoid them as much as possible.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by eleko1: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by hackban: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
true experience.
A compound had been experiencing theft and other vices lately.
Residents of the compound once found items like local pistol, knives, instruments for breaking doors etc under a water drum.
Residents complains constantly of people discussing there in the midnight.
They decided to mount watch to avoid there environs used for robbery preparation etc.
One night they found a guy there, 'oga wetin you dry do here?'
the young guy said I dey smoke dey take air.
They said we no dey allow person smoke for here, the guy refused to leave.
The residents decided to report the case to Agip road police station.
I was among those who went to the station. We narrated the incidence to the police officers on duty, they asked us to pay two thousand naira to write our statement and another two thousand naira for one policeman to walk with us (way less than 300 metres away) to ask the guy to leave.
I was disgusted and I wanted us to leave but the elderly ones among us said let's just pay, we paid and no receipt was given to us as they said they are out of receipts booklets.
As soon as we stepped out of the police office and while still in the police premises, they called us that the smoking man has left the place. We turned to police oya give us back our money...na there wahala start
long and short was that they threatened to lock me up for insisting on collecting our money. We were not refunded our fraudulently obtained money. disgusting set of humans.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by SafetyFirst(m): 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Tjango(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
No b new thing, na dir way b dt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘no Homo Deserves To Die’ – Pastor To Man Who Said The Gay Men Deserve Death / Attack On Jukun, Taraba: Six killed, four wounded / Gwarinpa Residents Deny Report Of Banditry Attack, Abductions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.