Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case (11696 Views)

How Police Helped Tony Zitta's Killer Escape After An Accident / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal / Man Narrates How Badoo Started In Ikorodu, Calls Out Security Agents (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by CoCoLav(f): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
Unbelievable! That's really terrible.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Yes, I've had this experience with them too. When you report a case at the police station you're required to pay for stationery. when you call the police to report a robbery you are required to fuel their car before they dispatch a unit. When you report to the police that a corpse is lying in the gutter on Aggrey road, they will ask you: what's your business?!!

A friend of mine reported his car stolen. Needless to say, little was done to recover the vehicle. But months later, he found it himself and reported to the officer on the case. They asked him not to touch it until it had been "rescued" by the police. Rescuing charges were mandatory.

I was in an accident two years ago, my car was totaled by a trailer, the police was there to investigate the scene. My hope was that they would establish who was at fault to decide what party would be responsible for the damage. We wound up at the station to give statements, the car was towed to the station and then they said we were both under arrest and had to bail ourselves out.

"Under arrest? On top of this accident? Ok, lock me up. I don't have money to bail myself"

I was with a friend who insisted on paying the bail. They never gave a clear report; they said the trailer driver was guilty of reckless driving and I was guilty of impatience. What does that even mean? What kind of traffic offense is impatience? They ended up chopping us both.

4 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by goshen26: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
even if report to ARASE about the man in question knowing his name they will tell u that u av personal grief with the police officer, cos u av no video proof

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by lastpage: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
truthspeaks:
I tot zombies said dat since there's a new sherifat in town, all corruption wld disappear. Instead I go call police, I go meet d demands of d armed robbers make dem take those things n spare my life. Buhari sef

That you truly believed the above, shows that you are a Dumb #WAILER! grin grin

Keep it up please, anuofia.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Afritop(m): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Peobably the police found that the robbers were armed to the brain with sophisticated weapons and decide to cook up excuse for mobilisation fee
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by truthspeaks: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
As usual, zombies n insults be like amala n ewedu cheesy wen they lack arguments to defend their mu.mu.hari master
lastpage:

That you truly believed the above, shows that you are a Dumb #WAILER! grin grin

Keep it up please, anuofia.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
zeeudenwa:
mobilization fees = fuel money
...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by xdos(m): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
The truth is this; Fix the Nigerian Police, you fix Nigeria.
The state of our country Nigeria reflects on the Nigerian police. So anyone who can fix the Nigerian Police has fixed Nigeria already.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Meritocracy: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Don't mind him, that should be his first transaction with police. Na show i paid all fee charged for mobilisation only to get to the scene and the police leave me and start drinking schnapp in criminal house.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by udumosam23(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
RaggedyAnn:
Yes, I've had this experience with them too. When you report a case at the police station you're required to pay for stationery. when you call the police to report a robbery you are required to fuel their car before they dispatch a unit. When you report to the police that a corpse is lying in the gutter on Aggrey road, they will ask you: what's your business?!!

A friend of mine reported his car stolen. Needless to say, little was done to recover the vehicle. But months later, he found it himself and reported to the officer on the case. They asked him not to touch it until it had been "rescued" by the police. Rescuing charges were mandatory.

I was in an accident two years ago, my car was totaled by a trailer, the police was there to investigate the scene. My hope was that they would establish who was at fault to decide what party would be responsible for the damage. We wound up at the station to give statements, the car was towed to the station and then they said we were both under arrest and had to bail ourselves out.

"Under arrest? On top of this accident? Ok, lock me up. I don't have money to bail myself"

I was with a friend who insisted on paying the bail. They never gave a clear report; they said the trailer driver was guilty of reckless driving and I was guilty of impatience. What does that even mean? What kind of traffic offense is impatience? They ended up chopping us both.

Lol. Not funny though

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hustle is real,in d voice of fela "na where man dey work na him dey chop"...thunder fire dem
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by banmee(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
truthspeaks:
I tot zombies said dat since there's a new sherifat in town, all corruption wld disappear. Instead I go call police, I go meet d demands of d armed robbers make dem take those things n spare my life. Buhari sef

Corruption can never disappear from Nigeria until Nigerians change their mentality. It is too ingrained in the psyche of it's citizens. It is so bad that you can conclude that if you own a car in Nigeria, you are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by truthspeaks: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
True talk
banmee:

Corruption can never disappear from Nigeria until Nigerians change their mentality. It is too ingrained in the psyche of it's citizens. It is so bad that you can conclude that if you own a car in Nigeria, you are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by goodvision12(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
Today is my birthday pls show some love
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by vislabraye(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
hackban:
true experience.
A compound had been experiencing theft and other vices lately.
Residents of the compound once found items like local pistol, knives, instruments for breaking doors etc under a water drum.
Residents complains constantly of people discussing there in the midnight.
They decided to mount watch to avoid there environs used for robbery preparation etc.
One night they found a guy there, 'oga wetin you dry do here?'
the young guy said I dey smoke dey take air.
They said we no dey allow person smoke for here, the guy refused to leave.
The residents decided to report the case to Agip road police station.
I was among those who went to the station. We narrated the incidence to the police officers on duty, they asked us to pay two thousand naira to write our statement and another two thousand naira for one policeman to walk with us (way less than 300 metres away) to ask the guy to leave.
I was disgusted and I wanted us to leave but the elderly ones among us said let's just pay, we paid and no receipt was given to us as they said they are out of receipts booklets.
As soon as we stepped out of the police office and while still in the police premises, they called us that the smoking man has left the place. We turned to police oya give us back our money...na there wahala start
long and short was that they threatened to lock me up for insisting on collecting our money. We were not refunded our fraudulently obtained money. disgusting set of humans.

Hahahahaaa..... Dem do play una one chance. I pray say make I no get anything do with police.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by etunoman76(m): 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
A friend's brother was killed in PH by stray bullets from some kidnappers. Family went to meet the police and they were asked to cough out N300,000 for them to commence full scale investigation!!!! It's disheartening to say the least

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by emmkeffs(f): 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
Very soon I will share my story with the Nigerian police. It is everywhere. They receive salary from poor Nigerians and also from the federal government. That's why they can't afford to stop road blocks especially in the east. Its disheartening to see how they worship money and forget their duties.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Remii(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
That is their way. When my car was snatched at gun point in 2012, we located the blackberry in the car and user in republic of Benin, even chatted with him and got more details, on sharing the information with police, the guy in charge ask for mobilisation. I opted to pursue the insurance option jare, to even get police statement for insurance process they got money after many visits to police station. Just don't get police case.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by emmkeffs(f): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
Let their be a forum on nairaland where we can post pictures of police men committing different offences like requesting for bribe, taking laws in their hands etc. That way we can force their hands

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Jailerrr(f): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
You guys are just making noise like all those things were provided for them to work with. or don't you guys even know that is from even the egunje money fuel in being bought for the vehicles, abegiiii
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by ollyruffy: 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
That is one of nigerian police expertise. No fuel, no pen, no paper, IC travels etc. All are for you to bribe them before they work.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by ayantaiwo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hmm, naija police force, they leave the police and are only interested in the force. Bunch of criminals. A man shared his experience with me. The man was traveling from osun state to portharcourt, took bus to Benin to reduce the t fare. Around 5pm while the man was looking for a bus going to portharcourt at a junction police came and pack everybody and went to drop them in a prison. They exchange this people with inmates that had been sentenced to death
The man spent 3 months but was rescued by an officer who happens to be a native of his town.
Police are Legal Criminals
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by chimauga(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by Mom007(f): 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
That's normal na! Even if you ask police to help you recover any amount of money from someone who is oweing you, they will collect 10% at the end of the day. That is after you have paid mobilization fee o.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by junta007(f): 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
Police
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by mfujah(m): 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
GurlFriend:
A disgusted Nigerian has narrated how after being robbed at gun point by armed robbers, a family member of his ran to the Nigerian police for help, but rather than do their jobs, the men of law allegedly demanded 'mobilisation fee', and to add salt to injury, also demanded for money for paper and pen from the robbery victim before he would be allowed to write a statement.

The mind boggles.

Read the tweets below. From the very bottom to top

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/man-narrates-how-nigerian-police.html

He don dey happen since na.... old news
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by xreal: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
lol

It's two weeks today, I witnessed such, I reported a criminal to the police (the criminal was already in their custody); they said before I could make/write any statement, I will pay 5k for 'mobilisation'.

It is true.
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by smogup: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
MicroBox:
Thieves climbed our house made away with my power bike and that of my kid brother.. it's morning and I went to police central command I made my report and I was directed to the radio house where they can radio up to 72 police divisions.
When I got there, I met this beautiful very young police lady. I narrated what happen and she agree to make the radio announcements but I have to pay for solar and that sentence I don't understand up till date. I looked at her and left I was close to the gate when she called me back and in my presence she made the announcement.
Note; the radio house is using solar energy installed with tax payer money.
did you later recover your stolen items
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by kafeii123: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
MicroBox:
Thieves climbed our house made away with my power bike and that of my kid brother.. it's morning and I went to police central command I made my report and I was directed to the radio house where they can radio up to 72 police divisions.
When I got there, I met this beautiful very young police lady. I narrated what happen and she agree to make the radio announcements but I have to pay for solar and that sentence I don't understand up till date. I looked at her and left I was close to the gate when she called me back and in my presence she made the announcement.
Note; the radio house is using solar energy installed with tax payer money.

smh@ "Money for Solar"
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by litaninja(m): 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
Quick question, is Buhari going to visit each officer to have them behave properly and do the jobs they should? The average Nigerian is corrupt. Its starts with each individual.
Imagine the female officer in the radion dispatch nectre asking for payment for "solar" that is already installed with the taxpayer's money......is Buhari responsible for that,?
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by blackbartee(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mobilisation fee ke, what are they mobilizing, na NYSC?
Re: Man Narrates How Police Demanded 'mobilisation Fee' To Investigate Robbery Case by rexzqcom(m): 1:11am On Jun 18, 2016
Berlyn:
Something every Nigeria will relate to, Alaye are you a learner grin

Rubbish, when is the change you all voted for happening? When will such decadence change?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Police Arrest SE Syndicate Responsible For Child Kidnapping And Trafficking / EFCC Secures Conviction Of Six Internet Fraudsters / Exposed! Yahoo Boys In Ile Ife And Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.