Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander (1344 Views)

My Great Auction Experience With Kakaki 06 RX 330 Deliivered! / My Business Experience With Mr. Cityhood / My Wonderful Experience With CITYHOOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by emerich(m): 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
I feel so pain that a nairalander could be this callous, a guy by the name Ubiquitous put up a Honda Accord 2001 model 4 sale, I called him to make inquiries as regards the car, he told me the price and said it's still available but some people were showing interest and it's going to be on a first pay basis of which I agreed. I told him I stay in Abuja but would have to contact my driver in Kaduna as I may not be able to drive a long distance journey, in order to arrive on time the following day I had to board a night bus which was indeed risky but I had to take the risk so i could arrive Lagos in good time. So I arrived Lagos alongside my driver and called the guy in question only for him to tell me that he has sold the car or rather the owner wants to sell to her colleague at school whom is a teacher, I felt really pained cause I truly trusted the young chap and wanted to buy a car on Nairaland since I have been an ardent follower of the Autos section. I had to travel back to Abj with my driver after spending exorbitantly on transport coupled with the inconvenience and waste of time as I missed out 2 good days at work. It was a horrible experience, one I would not wish even my enemies. Although God helped me to buy even a much better car today in Zaria, every disappointment is a blessing in disguise......... Lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by seyema(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Sorry for the inconvenience........ I'm happy God reward you with a better offer

Lesson: every disappointment is a blessing

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by OCTAVO: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by Etinosajay(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
@ OP

I condemn the action of the guy, which was a very wicked attitude he exhibited. I do hope you learnt an important lesson as well.

As much as everyone isn't you, they probably will disappoint you one way or the other. It's life lessons

That's how you soldier on and move on from disappointment or failure

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by emerich(m): 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
Was wishing to share my experience which I hoped would have been a positive one but the reverse was the case.
Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by AreaFada2: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Being a NLer does not mean he's gonna be cool & have a successful transaction.

Be very careful dealing with people.

8 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by tosin2013: 6:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Please open your eyes well when buying on nairaland ooo.

Some of them are semi fraudsters. Like theo007 and autoben!!

They tried to defraud me once. But God pass them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by Eboski(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Yours was better..
mind was last year April 11th 2015 with Autoben he posted corolla 2003 red colour which I showed interest we talked on phone i told him I reside in cross river state that I will be in Lagos the follow day with night bus.
all agreement was done on phone I have showed my friends the car I am going to Lagos to buy.
I paid a mechanic to travelled with me. the next morning I was in Lagos I called him to know where his car stand is. he told me festac town second gate after the Mr Biggs I gone their around 9am waited for him close to 1 hour in front of the Mr Biggs unfortunate he came and he took me to his stand and told me the owner don't want to sell the car again and he showing me one old corolla car to buy that I don't have an option.
tears run out from my eyes.
but thank God I contacted a old friend of my that later borrowed me money in Lagos to buy new corolla car

I will never advice any one to travel to Lagos to go and buy a Nigeria used car.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by Eboski(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2016
tosin2013:
Please open your eyes well when buying on nairaland ooo.

Some of them are semi fraudsters. Like theo007 and autoben!!

They tried to defraud me once. But God pass them.
both of them are fraudsters and they will avoid this post.....

I suffer in those two hands they are not genuine people

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by ubiquitousade(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2016
emerich:
I feel so pain that a nairalander could be this callous, a guy by the name Ubiquitous put up a Honda Accord 2001 model 4 sale, I called him to make inquiries as regards the car, he told me the price and said it's still available but some people were showing interest and it's going to be on a first pay basis of which I agreed. I told him I stay in Abuja but would have to contact my driver in Kaduna as I may not be able to drive a long distance journey, in order to arrive on time the following day I had to board a night bus which was indeed risky but I had to take the risk so i could arrive Lagos in good time. So I arrived Lagos alongside my driver and called the guy in question only for him to tell me that he has sold the car or rather the owner wants to sell to her colleague at school whom is a teacher, I felt really pained cause I truly trusted the young chap and wanted to buy a car on Nairaland since I have been an ardent follower of the Autos section. I had to travel back to Abj with my driver after spending exorbitantly on transport coupled with the inconvenience and waste of time as I missed out 2 good days at work. It was a horrible experience, one I would not wish even my enemies. Although God helped me to buy even a much better car today in Zaria, every disappointment is a blessing in disguise......... Lesson learnt.

wow, I just saw this.

Its very unfortunate that you made the trip without getting what you came for, I am indeed VERY SORRY and even unhappy that you did not get this particular civic and also the accord 2002 alternative you wanted but am glad you have gotten a much better car you really like.

I wish you well bro.

It was nice meeting you.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by emerich(m): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2016
ubiquitousade:

wow, I just saw this.

Its very unfortunate that you made the trip without getting what you came for, I am indeed VERY SORRY and even unhappy that you did not get this particular civic and also the accord 2002 alternative you wanted but am glad you have gotten a much better car you really like.

I wish you well bro.

It was nice meeting you.
No wahala bro, U r a nice guy though.
Re: My Terrible Experience With A Nairalander by emerich(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Eboski:
Yours was better..
mind was last year April 11th 2015 with Autoben he posted corolla 2003 red colour which I showed interest we talked on phone i told him I reside in cross river state that I will be in Lagos the follow day with night bus.
all agreement was done on phone I have showed my friends the car I am going to Lagos to buy.
I paid a mechanic to travelled with me. the next morning I was in Lagos I called him to know where his car stand is. he told me festac town second gate after the Mr Biggs I gone their around 9am waited for him close to 1 hour in front of the Mr Biggs unfortunate he came and he took me to his stand and told me the owner don't want to sell the car again and he showing me one old corolla car to buy that I don't have an option.
tears run out from my eyes.
but thank God I contacted a old friend of my that later borrowed me money in Lagos to buy new corolla car

I will never advice any one to travel to Lagos to go and buy a Nigeria used car.
My brother you recounted my ordeal, most of these guys have no conscience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! Honda Accord SE Black Leather 2011 Model New Arrival / Tokunbo 2007 Honda Civic - American Specs / 2008 Mazda5 Space Bus - 3 Rows Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.